Pokemon Gold and Silver to be remade?

Major Britten

That's some extreme fluke! Not quite shiny catching fluke though :) .

Don't do it man, don't go back to EV training/IV breeding! It's the purest of evil in grinding form and you know it!

I've only got my 3rd badge so far. Spent an hour playing badminton yesterday with the pokewalker and only got a Nidoran up one level! :)

They can only go up one level per stroll. It is to prevent power-levelling.

It's bad levelling too, no EV's etc!

Or good levelling depending on what you're looking for! I wanted to take my fully trained EV squad up to 100 with it. I guess grinding the elite four over and over is the expected method rather than going on a hike! Ugh.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not critisising it's introduction.

I was just unsure as to it's necessity to enjoy the experience.

I was one of the idiots who had the ped from 'Walk with Me' strapped to my side for almost 12 months!!!

Your loss. I'll get a dragon-thing from that, you can play the stupid voltorb minesweeper a million times instead.

I'd say it has more similarities to sudoku or picross. Definitely not minesweeper!

It's bad levelling too, no EV's etc!

EVs are something that really turned me off when I first heard about it. It sounds like really bad design to have crucial stat development 'hidden' from the user and reliant on long grinding sessions for progression.

Awesome :P

I've played this for 25 hours so far and just beat Morty :angry: . Wonderful.

What have you been doing?! I'm only 14 hours in and I've spent ages leveling up caught pokemon and dicking around in the safari zone!

now I don't exactly know what I'm talking about here, but there was something about a pikachu coloured pichu being available for a limited time earlier this month, that allows you to unlock a spiky eared pichu. my crazy pokemon friend found out about this too late and needs to find someone who got the pikachu coloured pichu legitimately so he can borrow it and unlock the spiky eared pichu for his very own.

If anyone understands that in the slightest and can help, you are a hero.

now I don't exactly know what I'm talking about here, but there was something about a pikachu coloured pichu being available for a limited time earlier this month, that allows you to unlock a spiky eared pichu. my crazy pokemon friend found out about this too late and needs to find someone who got the pikachu coloured pichu legitimately so he can borrow it and unlock the spiky eared pichu for his very own.

wat :)

So do you need to walk about a lot to benefit from the Pokewalker then? I'm lazing around at my parents' for easter and I haven't toyed with it yet :)

I was up till 2am levelling my crappy party though. I forgot how insanely compulsive it is at the early levels - and rewarding too. One minute your Rattata can't last a fight the next he's kicking ass.

I picked Cyndaquil and I'm working on the other lowbie pokemon at the moment. I'm tempted to get a guide but it's also nice being 'surprised' - I did play silver first time round (can't find it, though :)), so I sort of remember the pokemon. Hoothoot is useful in the early stages for catching 'mon!

I also found my old Blue cartridge, and LeafGreen, but Silver is missing :hat:

So do you need to walk about a lot to benefit from the Pokewalker then? I'm lazing around at my parents' for easter and I haven't toyed with it yet :)

I was up till 2am levelling my crappy party though. I forgot how insanely compulsive it is at the early levels - and rewarding too. One minute your Rattata can't last a fight the next he's kicking ass.

I picked Cyndaquil and I'm working on the other lowbie pokemon at the moment. I'm tempted to get a guide but it's also nice being 'surprised' - I did play silver first time round (can't find it, though :)), so I sort of remember the pokemon. Hoothoot is useful in the early stages for catching 'mon!

I also found my old Blue cartridge, and LeafGreen, but Silver is missing :hat:

I remember being on holiday in america the time that Gold/Silver were released. I got given silver and the guide, but it was completely awful. Towards the end it referred to all the new pokemon by their Japanese names, and parts were left completely unfinished with just a bunch of ???????? where text should be! The 13 year old me was disgusted!

If anyone understands that in the slightest and can help, you are a hero.

I have a spare one your friend can have :) Let me know if they've not found one elsewhere.

22 hours on the clock since Friday and I've yet to touch it today. :)

First 8 gyms are finally done so looking to start heading towards Elite 4 area so I can get my arse handed to me crush them and triumphantly move on towards Kanto.

First though, a certain trip to some Whirl Islands...

24 hours, 3rd badge. Sloooow.

I always do this with Pokemon though. I'm using this game to fill odd gaps in my national pokedex on Diamond, and I'm also wanting to ensure that I come out with at least 6 or 7 'mon who can be added to my main party on Diamond as well. As such, I'm being extremely methodical and extremely choosy and not really focusing on completing it. I will pick up the pace soon though.

I can see why picking Cyndaquil is considered the easiest option so far. Fire Pokemon are nowhere to be seen in the early stages. I went with Totodile because my Feraligatr on Diamond was from a trade and I'd like to make my own. Weepinbell is covering the grass angle but I'm still completely without fire for the time being.

I tend to pick my Pokemon party based on the ones I think look the cutest ;)

At the moment I have Cyndaquil, Onix (got from trade from that guy in a house) who kicked arse in the first gym, Sentret (it's so cuuuuute!), Pidgey and Hoothoot (plus the egg at the moment, which replaced Crapatta). Having the two birds is a bit daft and I should probably swap one out for a Bellsprout, but Pidgey really is quite a good all-rounder, and Hoothoot is handy for putting things to sleep to catch.

Who bothers to name their 'mon? I don't. I like their original names :)

I'm four hours in so far and I've only just beaten the first gym. I spend ages levelling up the lowbie Pokemon so I have a decent party.. :(