Pokemon Gold and Silver to be remade?

Major Britten

Nah, just use a rubbish normal pokemon. He can't do anything against them, a level 2 rattata will do :lol: !

Normal attacks don't work on him!

Also, he has Hypnosis AND Suckerpunch, so he will punch your Rattatta's face off!

Normal attacks don't work on him!

Also, he has Hypnosis AND Suckerpunch, so he will punch your Rattatta's face off!

...i just made him run out of pp (battle animations off helps). Use loads of tail whip. Isn't suckerpunch a dark move anyway?

Edit: oh yeah it's ghost moves that don't work. Just don't attack!

Yeah I have all 8 badges and I'm

about to fight the Kimono Girls

with nobody above 42 as well.

Current first choice six is:

Croconaw (Holding him back until he gets Hydro Pump) lv. 42

Noctowl - lv. 38

Graveller - lv. 37

Weepinbell - lv. 37

Ampharos - lv. 40

Magmar - lv. 37

I'll probably leave Graveller but the rest will be transferred over to my Diamond game because I've grown quite attached to them. Plus I'm making sure this Feraligatr will be waaay better than my other one. Noctowl looks fantastic when he's following your character about; I have to resist the urge to put him out front all the time because of it.

Then there are a couple of benchers in my PC box and a bunch of crap I'm storing for the purpose of filling gaps on my national 'dex in Diamond. That's currently up to about 405, but there are some gaps I can easily fill with this game. I don't have Nidoking and Nidoqueen on my national Pokedex for instance, and I've nabbed a Nidoran Male and Female from this.

Must get as close as I can to finishing it before Black and White add even more to the list.

Haaaaah, I forgot how silly it gets towards the end. After the final gym leader (whose top poke is level 60), you can go fight

Red, who has pokemon between levels 80-88.

I really can't be bothered to grind for that so I'm going to trade a bunch of my level 70-100 pokes from Diamond I think.

I might make silver my main cartridge since there's the new safari stuff, the pokewalker and the breeding changes.

I just turned my DS off without saving, oops. Didn't lose much :unsure:

So - in battles, when your move set comes up on the bottom screen, you also see your other pokemon in their pokeballs. If they're afflicted by status they're dark red, if they've fainted they're grey. Why do some pokeballs bounce from side to side? Does it mean those pokemon will be super effective against what you're fighting? Or they have a move that is? Or is it the opposite and they're effectively terrified so you shouldn't get them out?

I've been trying to figure it out..

Why do some pokeballs bounce from side to side? Does it mean those pokemon will be super effective against what you're fighting?

It means that the Pokemon in that ball is close to levelling up, I think.

The thing I've not figured out is why sometimes when you do an attack, a Pokemon will do an animation first as if you've given it a berry. Anybody know what that means?

It means that the Pokemon in that ball is close to levelling up, I think.

The thing I've not figured out is why sometimes when you do an attack, a Pokemon will do an animation first as if you've given it a berry. Anybody know what that means?

It is difficult to tell from what you are saying, but it may be an attached item. The Quick Claw for example does that animation when it activates, allowing your Pokemon to strike first.

Due to DS problems I have been stuck for a a bit - 46 hours and only five badges :unsure: . I'm trying to breed my team - Froslass, Absol, Salamence, Abomasnow (May be switched out for the storyline in favour of Heracross), Weavile and Lapras.

God damn lance. The elite four are no problem, but lance... arrghh.

I've ended up with a pretty weird team, by just going with what I feel like rather than any tactics. Poliwhirl (getting hydro pump before evolving into poliwrath), fearow, magnezone, metagross, houndoom, and dewgong...

Yeah it's not very balanced.

I've been getting some higher level normal pokémon by trading squirtles and bulbasaurs over the GTS. got an alakazam over level 40, and a machamp over level 50. slightly tempted to use them but neither are super effective against god

damn

dragonites

God damn lance. The elite four are no problem, but lance... arrghh.

I've ended up with a pretty weird team, by just going with what I feel like rather than any tactics. Poliwhirl (getting hydro pump before evolving into poliwrath), fearow, magnezone, metagross, houndoom, and dewgong...

Yeah it's not very balanced.

I've been getting some higher level normal pokémon by trading squirtles and bulbasaurs over the GTS. got an alakazam over level 40, and a machamp over level 50. slightly tempted to use them but neither are super effective against god

damn

dragonites

Ice Beam on Dewgong should do it, right?

So I'm not sure what the deal is with stone evolutions any more.

I had a Weepinbell before and I let it get to Level 42 (no, not that Level 42) so it learned Razor leaf, then leaf stoned it into Victreebell because Weepinbell is done learning and Victreebell doesn't learn anything else.

In my current game I have a Lv. 43 Weepinbell that has learned what I want it to. However, I don't have a leaf stone on me. I checked Bulbapedia, and it says that Victreebell learns moves at lv. 47 (moves that he wouldn't get if he were still Weepinbell). So do I have to make sure I evolve Weepinbell before then?

My "stone evolved pokemon don't learn anything afterwards" belief system has been shaken to its very core and I need some clarity.

I forgot to mention I picked this up.

Seems like im flying through it though. Got 4 badges and onto my 5th. Levelling seems slow and paintful (I think my Croconaw is 28?) and my other Pidgetto is 25.

The rest are languishing 20 or under. Do I need to do some more grinding, or catch some different types? Also, am I right in thinking the lower you start levelling a pokemon, the better it'll be in the long run?

I've been able to get all the Johto gym badges and catch Lugia using 5 Pokemon if that's a guideline. I have a sixth now but that's only because I stopped specifically to train him up before continuing.

A squad of:

Croconaw

Golem

Weepinbell

Noctowl

Ampharos

Has been enough.

Between those five I have Water, dark, ice, ground, rock, normal, grass, poison, flying, psychic, electric and bug moves. Covers plenty of bases.

The sixth has been a rotating spot for side projects like the Togepi egg or whoever needs a bit of additional training. I had Beedrill up to about level 23-24 but was using him for the sake of it by then and decided to retire it. I've recently added Magmar as my proper sixth because I didn't have any fire and because Magmar has always been a favourite.

What else do you have in your team? As a fellow Totodile starter I can't recommend Bellsprout enough to cover grass for you. HootHoot/Noctowl has been useful for me because it gets some reasonable psychic moves along with the standard flying. I mainly did it because I've had Pidgeot in other games and fancied a change, but still the Noctowl has been useful.

My teams a mess to be honest. I was waiting for other Pokemon to appear in the main.

I've got:

Croconaw

Pigeotto

Tokepi

Wooper

Flaaffy

Sandshrew

Bit of a mixed bag, and mostly from the eggs I got given. Sandshrew is just there for Cut/Headbut/RockSmash rather than anything else.

Heheh, I've made a point of not having a HM whore in my team this time. My Bibarel in Diamond got to come on waaaay too many adventures because he had four HMs. It's causing problems at the moment though. I've had to give Waterfall to Lugia because I don't want any of my main team to have it.

Flaafy/Ampharos is useful in my experience. He's a pretty solid electric type, but the bonus for me is that later on he gets signal beam (100% accurate and reasonably powerful bug move), which is a godsend against dark types unless you have other fighting/bug moves in your squad.

You can't really go wrong with Pidgey, so that's a safe bet.

I was tempted to use Togepi for a time but lost interest when HootHoot's psychic moves started to come in. I do find Metronome way more entertaining that it should be though. Togetic is quite decent isn't it? I always assumed it was.

I've never used a Wooper. I have one in Diamond for pokedex purposes but I have no idea if it's any good. One of the Elite four on Diamond has a relatively annoying Quagsire, but the ground/water combo causes it to get annihilated by grass moves. Is it proving useful so far?

My housemate caught a shiny Sandslash yesterday purely by chance wandering around in a cave. It has red spikes on its back and he's called it Knuckles. The bastard.

I managed to complete the first 8 gyms with just 2 pokemon, Heracross and Tentacruel. It was then when I started training up Swinub and Larvitar for the Elite Four. You don't really need 6 good pokemon, as the more pokemon your try and train the harder the game gets in my opinion, especially if you are trying to keep them the same levels as they end up all low compared to the gym leaders or if you had 1 or 2 less pokemon. But that's just me... I like having my HM-Hoothoot in my elite four picture :rolleyes:

I've never used a Wooper. I have one in Diamond for pokedex purposes but I have no idea if it's any good. One of the Elite four on Diamond has a relatively annoying Quagsire, but the ground/water combo causes it to get annihilated by grass moves. Is it proving useful so far?

Not really. Useful against Electric types but he always gets knocked out, probably due to being too low health.

I'll probably replace him at somepoint, maybe with a Fire type (as I havent got one yet) or something.

I've always avoided Pokémon games largely due to the fact that I'm a 38 year old man. However, thanks to an Acekard 2, I decided to 'trial' one just to see what all the fuss has been about over the years... 4 hours later I was holding an original boxed copy of Soul Silver in my hands.

This happened on Saturday and my gameplay clock is now showing just over 14 hours and four badges down!! I am blessed with an understanding missus who appreciates that levelling up my Feraligatr takes priority over the dishes.

Even as I type, my PokéWalker is on my office desk next to my phone ready for my next trip to the toilet. I am hoping and praying that I will need a crap in the next hour so I can continue dowsing and catching Pokémon on the beautiful beach with Mareep.

Am I addicted, bewildered, mad, or just sad?? :rolleyes:

You are me and I claim my £5!

This is brilliant and its the first Pokemon I've ever gotten into. I always thought it was for pre-teens in baseball caps. But it really is something special.

Only just got the first gym badge, but that old Pokemon magic has grabbed me once again.

Building a fairly decent, well ranged team at the moment. Unfortunately one space is taken up by an egg I'm being told to carry with me, though it's close to hatching.

I have Mareep whose just learned thundershock for my electric attacks, Geodude for rock, my starting pokemon (Tort-something) for water, Pidgey for flying and Ghastly for ghost. I just really need a grass type pokemon now. :(

I'm no Pokemon expert by any stretch but I picked up a level 15 Stantler yesterday and it's been consistently kicking ass since I got it. It's level 23 now and I wouldn't be without it on my team. Brilliant little fighter.

Check it out, HG/SS 'a bit more 3D':

!

oh cool, I was wondering how 3d pokemons were. I haven't noticed as many 3d effects as in diamond. I think? In the general walking around of the world, anyway.

I'm pretty much at the endgame now. Just got red to fight, catch some legendaries, probably bulk out the pokédex a bit, win some more stupid competitions. Maybe try online battling at some point.

I'm so addicted to this. I've played it for 13 hours over the past three days.

I've just beaten the Ice gym leader with my team of Quilava, Ampharos, Togetic and Dragonair all at level 30 (plus a level 6 Rattata for Cut and Rock Smash). I'm saving the last two spots for something exciting later, but I'm not sure what yet. I'd like to go for types I don't often use like Bug or Poison or Fighting. Any recommendations of Pokemon of those types that I can catch in Soul Silver?

I'm so addicted to this. I've played it for 13 hours over the past three days.

I've just beaten the Ice gym leader with my team of Quilava, Ampharos, Togetic and Dragonair all at level 30 (plus a level 6 Rattata for Cut and Rock Smash). I'm saving the last two spots for something exciting later, but I'm not sure what yet. I'd like to go for types I don't often use like Bug or Poison or Fighting. Any recommendations of Pokemon of those types that I can catch in Soul Silver?

Larvitar - get one from the safari zone. They grow up to be one of the strongest pokemon evarrr. :lol:

I'm no Pokemon expert by any stretch but I picked up a level 15 Stantler yesterday and it's been consistently kicking ass since I got it. It's level 23 now and I wouldn't be without it on my team. Brilliant little fighter.

Yeah I had trouble with them when I first encountered them in the wild! Not surprised to hear you're having success with it.

My "superstar" at the dizzy heights of the mid-twenties is my Wartortle, which a friend traded to me.

I do tend to make quite slow progress I think - partly because I play in short bursts but also because I feel compelled to level 6 Pokémon at a similar rate.. I'm about 18 and a half hours in and I've just done the lighthouse bit.

My six at the moment are Wartortle, Grotle (it sounded so cute when it was a Turtwig), Quilava, Onix, Togetic and Pidgey. I put my shiny rattata away because he seemed to be getting a bit weak against things I was facing :P I've given him an Everstone to keep him "pure" :o

I have no idea why but my Togepi had Extrasensory from day 1 when it apparently shouldn't have; and it's led to it being a very useful 'mon to have around. Also gave it Rock Smash, the only fighting move on my team. I'm missing something Bug-y, though.

Yeah I had trouble with them when I first encountered them in the wild! Not surprised to hear you're having success with it.

My "superstar" at the dizzy heights of the mid-twenties is my Wartortle, which a friend traded to me.

I do tend to make quite slow progress I think - partly because I play in short bursts but also because I feel compelled to level 6 Pokémon at a similar rate.. I'm about 18 and a half hours in and I've just done the lighthouse bit.

My six at the moment are Wartortle, Grotle (it sounded so cute when it was a Turtwig), Quilava, Onix, Togetic and Pidgey. I put my shiny rattata away because he seemed to be getting a bit weak against things I was facing :( I've given him an Everstone to keep him "pure" :facepalm:

I have no idea why but my Togepi had Extrasensory from day 1 when it apparently shouldn't have; and it's led to it being a very useful 'mon to have around. Also gave it Rock Smash, the only fighting move on my team. I'm missing something Bug-y, though.

Are you sure about Togepi? As mine does/did too.