Pokemon Gold and Silver to be remade?

Major Britten

Question: are there any pokemon who can't follow you around? Eg the huge ones - are they scaled down, or do they just not appear?

they stay pretty massive. I took ho-oh for a walk to see what that would look like.

Also guys, fighting/bug - heracross? it's pretty decent. headbutt trees to find it. pretty rare though.

Are you sure about Togepi? As mine does/did too.

My Togepi also started with extrasensory. I'm pretty sure the one you get in the egg in gold/silver always has it, but sprite is right that Togepi normally doesn't have the move at the start, nor can it learn it by levelling up. It is an egg move if you breed using a HootHoot/Noctowl that knows the move though.

My other half desperately wanted a dratini. So I offered to do that Voltorb flip game for her.

"This wont take long" I thought...

That game can go and fucking die!

Just wait until later in the game - they're a super common find.

I got my Dratini from Voltorb Flip. It doesn't take long at all!

Just start by crossing out all the rows where the number of Voltorbs and value of cards add up to 5. Y'know, so if it's 5 total and 0 Voltorbs or 3 total and 2 Voltorbs etc. as you know there can't be any 2s or 3s in those rows. Once you get to the higher levels, the points really start to add up.

It's the logic of Picross and then Minesweeper, with the added luck that requires.

Not sure how much interest there is for something like this, but AAA Pokedex on the iPhone for £1.19 is brilliant. Really nicely laid out, and tons of information including stuff the game hides from you. Lovely if you're into training but can't be bothered to trawl through ugly GameFAQs pages.

It's the logic of Picross and then Minesweeper, with the added luck that requires.

Not sure how much interest there is for something like this, but AAA Pokedex on the iPhone for £1.19 is brilliant. Really nicely laid out, and tons of information including stuff the game hides from you. Lovely if you're into training but can't be bothered to trawl through ugly GameFAQs pages.

Sweet.

I would buy it if iTunes would FUCKING GIVE ME MY ACCOUNT BACK!!!

Calm...deep...breaths....

And that's my issue with voltorb flip. Murphy's law seemed to pop up far too many times during my attempts. Seeing the game change from lvl 5 to lvl 1 is pretty soul crushing when you've fallen victim to random chance.

Oh it's ok, i finally found a heracross.

Voltorb flip got a lot easier for me when I realised you should discount all the squares that would be worth only one.like, if there's four points and one voltorb in one line, you can just go ahead and mark it out as there's nothing there. Still a lot of chance involved though.

Three badges down now.

I'm leaving my HootHoot at the Daycare Centre while I head on towards that Park place just above Goldenrod City.

One thing my team is really lacking though is a Fire type. Any good ones around? Also, regarding that coin game. 1,200 coins for a Dratini?! Is there any easier way to get it?

Oh it's ok, i finally found a heracross.

Voltorb flip got a lot easier for me when I realised you should discount all the squares that would be worth only one.like, if there's four points and one voltorb in one line, you can just go ahead and mark it out as there's nothing there. Still a lot of chance involved though.

I really, really like this game. Normally I'm the type of player who plays these mini games once and then never again; just stay focussed on the main plot. But fuck me Voltorb Flip is addictive. Add in the fact that I'm having an abnormal amount of fun with the Pokethalon and I now have over 55 hours of play and only five badges :( .

Still at least I now have the team I want. But now I must level them up.

You'll come to a town soon where you can find a Magmar. His Firepunch seems pretty good.

I'm playing the original Silver, so maybe it changed. :(

Fire pokemon are (at least given the rarity of them as an overall type) fairly easy to obtain via the Pokewalker. Yes, I do love that device.

I really, really like this game. Normally I'm the type of player who plays these mini games once and then never again; just stay focussed on the main plot. But fuck me Voltorb Flip is addictive. Add in the fact that I'm having an abnormal amount of fun with the Pokethalon and I now have over 55 hours of play and only five badges :facepalm: .

Still at least I now have the team I want. But now I must level them up.

I'm in the same boat. Normally once the credits roll the game's out of the machine and back on the shelf, but I've not been able to put this down. I've logged up 60 hours so far and have done most of the post-game stuff, now I'm trying to fill the National Dex, but it looks like I might have to sink time into (or possibly even finish) Sapphire, Fire Red and Diamond to get that done, and I don't think I can be arsed.

For a fire pokemon you can get a Vulpix or a Growlithe (silver or gold) on route 36 and 37. Quite rare, though. And the Vulpix at least has an annoying habit of using Roar at the start of a fight scaring you away so you need to catch/sleep it on the first round.

I've hit a bit of a wall at the gym in Cianwood, I think it is. Fighting pokemon. The gym leader keeps kicking my arse. Just have to level up some more, I guess. Focus Punch is absolutely lethal ;)

I've hit a bit of a wall at the gym in Cianwood, I think it is. Fighting pokemon. The gym leader keeps kicking my arse. Just have to level up some more, I guess. Focus Punch is absolutely lethal ;)

You want strong Flying or Psychic types against them. Failing that, a Ghost type won't take any damage against both their Fighting and Normal moves (unless they use Foresight/Odor Sleuth).

I have succumbed and bought HeartGold - found a code to get it for £25 on Tesco's website:

Get 15% off at Tesco Entertainment, simply enter the promotional code FTSL15-1 at the checkout to receive your offer.

All prices on GamesTracker reflect the discounted rate where applicable, this offer runs until midnight 31st July 2010.

Almost ten hours in and only got three badges so far. I just love visiting all the villages and doing all the side bits. ;) I'm absolutely shit at those Pokemon Athletics though.

Had a couple ofr evolutions along the way. Now I have a Pidgeotto (who I also had in my team in the original Pokemon Blue ;)), Flaaffy and Croconaw.

I'm in the same boat. Normally once the credits roll the game's out of the machine and back on the shelf, but I've not been able to put this down. I've logged up 60 hours so far and have done most of the post-game stuff, now I'm trying to fill the National Dex, but it looks like I might have to sink time into (or possibly even finish) Sapphire, Fire Red and Diamond to get that done, and I don't think I can be arsed.

I've got 62 pokemans from FireRed waiting to be imported after the champion is done in HeartGold ;)

That's including one of the legendary birds, Moltres, from Mt. Ember on Rainbow Island 1, which I'm looking forward to walk around with. Also, the lvl 63 Blastoise which was my main pokeman in FR will be a welcome return.

FR/LG are huge games if you want to complete everything. When I booted it up now, after 3-4 years or what since I last put it down, I'm still not done with the post-champion Islands, 70 hours or so on gameclock and easily 20-30 hours left. On Island 6 atm, and still haven't been to Unknown dungeon, where Mewtwo resides, as a lvl 70.