Plants Vs Zombies demo now available

AlonzoUK

Amazing game. When the music video was released, I feared the game would be all fluff but no dice, but this is fucking brilliant. Popcap are geniuses.

They must have the best balancing team in the world. From what I played last night the difficulty curve and pacing was spot on.

And they have that something magic that made my wife stop what she was doing and watch me playing for 10 minutes. If I'd been playing desktop tower defence or pixeljunk monsters she wouldn't have given a crap.

They must have the best balancing team in the world. From what I played last night the difficulty curve and pacing was spot on.

They don't release anything until they are 100% happy with it, thanks to the scale of the games and them still making crap-loads of money from the stuff they've already released.

They don't release anything until they are 100% happy with it, thanks to the scale of the games and them still making crap-loads of money from the stuff they've already released.

Reduced scale must be a big part of that. It's the tetris mentality I guess. Make something simple but tune it to perfection. Saying that, having 49 plant types in this worries me a little. That's a huge balancing task. I'd guess that some of them become redundant later in the game.

Can someone just explain Steam to me please.

Ive just paid full whack for this on PC (£15) and feel like Ive been a bit bummed after reading its £7 off Steam.Is it legal?

I might add however that it is easily worth £15 up to now.Looks like it could be good on DS.

Can someone just explain Steam to me please.

Ive just paid full whack for this on PC (£15) and feel like Ive been a bit bummed after reading its £7 off Steam.Is it legal?

I might add however that it is easily worth £15 up to now.Looks like it could be good on DS.

Yes, steam is legal. It's an online distribution program ran by valve, the people who make half life. I have no idea why it's £7 on steam and £15 on popcap. All of popcaps games are a maximum of £7 on steam.

I'd already pre-ordered via Steam, as I liked the look of this, but having played the demo I'm tempted to buy the Mac version as well just so I can get back to the game. Sadly, there's no cheap deals for Mac owners (we've clearly got more than enough money already).

Joined steam the other day and stuck a preorder in for this as my first purchase. Quick question - can I install on more than one machine? If I log into my steam account at work or on the laptop will it work?

XBLA please!

Please.

I don't think it would work that well without a mouse. As tempted as I am to buy this I'm not going to because it's just far too addictive and being on PC it'll stop me doing work things. A portable version would destroy those boring commutes though, when you can't be arsed doing anything which requires too much brain power, but you don't just want to sit there either. DSi Ware version, please.

I'd already pre-ordered via Steam, as I liked the look of this, but having played the demo I'm tempted to buy the Mac version as well just so I can get back to the game. Sadly, there's no cheap deals for Mac owners (we've clearly got more than enough money already).

plants10 gets you 10% off

And spending some time with it, it's bloody brilliant. I seem to be ahead of the curve in terms of how easy it has been, but I can see it slowly being dragged back.

This is now stopping me playing Warcraft FFS. They stuck Peggle in Warcraft, now they release this. Popcap are like a smiling Zombie themselves, I've been gaming for 28 years, but their 'for everyone' approach has sucked me in.I've just recommended this to my Mum for goodness sake.

Hats off to these guys, they are the kings of broad appeal and a lot of companies could learn from their difficulty curve grading