rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Capwn

Big Brother 10

It all went wrong when Bea went in and Tom walked. That was the turning point, she was the downfall of Freddie and the baddies gained the strong upper hand. So sad.

I think I'll cheer myself by listening to some Freddie music.

SUNSHIINE! DOOOOBAAADEEEEDAAAABBEEEEEEDAAADOOOO!

Siavash should have just stuck to the rules this time. He's his own worst enemy. Instead of the chance to boot David out so he doesn't get to the last week and think he's actually popular, he's managed to put himself up against Marcus. Now we lose Marcus or Siavash. For this, he's got to go IMO.

Isn't Marcus (along with Sophie) odds on to win anyway? Stupid, stupid Siavash;.

It all went wrong when Bea went in and Tom walked. That was the turning point, she was the downfall of Freddie and the baddies gained the strong upper hand. So sad.

It all went wrong when Siavash nominated Norin instead of Lisa that week, Lisa only needed 1 more vote to go up then, now she's in until the end ;)

Isn't Marcus (along with Sophie) odds on to win anyway? Stupid, stupid Siavash;.

Getting votes to win and getting votes to leave be different things though. I expect he'd get more votes than everyone (perhaps bar Sophie) to win but people who dislike him seem to feel stronger about it than people who dislike Siavash. So where will the votes come from to evict Siavash? Marcus fans protecting him? Is there enough of them?

Well done to this years housemates and Endemol for making the show so shit it's finally been cancelled.

Charlie makes my blood boil. He really thinks he can win this thing. And David should just shut the fuck up when an argument erupts, the thick plank.

I liked Siavash in the early days, but he has deteriorated into a mopy, boring twat. He needs to go on Friday.

And David should just shut the fuck up when an argument erupts, the thick plank.

Hahaha 100% this. His whole argument last night was cringeworthy!

I liked Siavash in the early days, but he has deteriorated into a mopy, boring twat. He needs to go on Friday.

;)

Well that must be when the deal runs out and they've decided not to renew.

Its all over! Thank fuck. Bye Bye BB, you were shit from series 3 onwards.

From what I've heard (which means this might be shite):

C4 were contracted to produce 11 series

C4 tried to get out of the contract early, as BB generates a loss for C4

Sky pick up the rights from series 12 onwards

It doesnt generate a loss, 2 years ago it was 40% of the entire C4 profits.

It doesnt generate a loss, 2 years ago it was 40% of the entire C4 profits.

Wasn't that back when they were still sponsored by The Carphone Warehouse and Virgin Media?

Whats with the bellends coming into this thread just to say how 'shit big brother is' no one is forcing you to watch it.

mental

People are entitled to an opinion elmo. Your post is no more valuable than theirs if you wanna look at things like that.

People are entitled to an opinion elmo. Your post is no more valuable than theirs if you wanna look at things like that.

of course but "Good riddance to the turgid shite." isn't really opinion for discussion is it. I love discussing opinion but when people say Big Brother Is Shit it adds nothing of any interest to anything. It's like when I'm at work and people say "you don't watch that shit do you?" I say yes and explain why and they have nothing to fall back on. It's as if they think they're cool for writing the show off.

I like discussing opinion, not just saying it

I know, FOBT! Are you voting for elmo this week? I'm voting for elmo I think, I've had it with his attitude.

EDIT: Actually, now I've changed my mind. I will not nominate this week and put myself up.

Head of Channel 4 Julian Bellamy has confirmed that the broadcaster will undergo a "creative overhaul" post-Big Brother.

Bellamy claimed that the channel's decision not to renew its contract with the Endemol reality series means that it has 18 months to "transform the schedule".

"Today's announcement is our biggest-ever creative call-to-arms to producers to come forward with their very best ideas," he said.

The Big Brother announcement will mean that a further £20 million will be spent on original drama in 2011 and around 200 hours of peak time TV will be free for new shows across Channel 4 and E4. The broadcaster confirmed new commissions for Shane Meadows-directed four-part serial We Were Faces, an adaptation of William Boyd's Any Human Heart and a new Peter Kosminksy drama Homeland following the Big Brother announcement.

Director of television and content Kevin Lygo said: "Big Brother is still profitable for Channel 4 despite its reduced popularity and there could have been the option to renew it on more favourable terms.

"That's what a purely commercial broadcaster would have done, but Channel 4 has a public remit to champion new forms of creativity. That remit to push the boundaries has been an essential part of the weird chemistry behind Big Brother's success, but it's now what is telling us that the programme has reached a natural end point on Channel 4 and it's time to move on."

He added: "Cancelling Big Brother does not solve Channel 4's funding issues; this year we've nearly £125 million less to spend on programmes than we did a couple of years ago and budgets for next year may have to be reduced further. However, assuming advertising revenues stop deteriorating at some point, we should have greater flexibility in how we spend our commissioning budget; the significant sums that have been committed to Big Brother in the past should now be available to boost budgets in genres such as drama that have had to be cut back sharply during the downturn."

Bellamy claimed that he is "ever-so-slightly terrified" of continuing without Big Brother in the schedules and also took time to praise Endemol for its efforts in keeping the reality show "fresh and engaging" during its ten years on air.

"The final series [in 2010] will be an opportunity to give Big Brother an appropriate send-off and celebrate one of the most extraordinary programmes not just in the history of Channel 4 but of TV in general," he said.

"Big Brother has been our most influential and popular programme over the last decade. It's been hugely innovative in its own right, has provoked a really astonishing level of public debate and has been an under-appreciated showcase for social diversity and youth culture."

I'm shocked. This has really upset me. In fact, I'm so upset that my tears are evaporating before they have a chance to visibly run down my cheeks.

I'm shocked. This has really upset me. In fact, I'm so upset that my tears are evaporating before they have a chance to visibly run down my cheeks.

:P Bea, how were you able to post from inside the house? Did you hide an iphone up your chuff? :)