Your gaming setup

Lorfarius

On 25/10/2019 at 04:12, The Evener said:

I'm not sure if it was marketed under a different label in the UK, but in Canada/US it was called the Cosmic 1000 Fire Away from Tandy. I loved this game - great action, and it was a nice backlit game and you could play it long after everyone else went to bed.

TandyFireAway.jpg.6d7a3d248b971ae350c28f2c6bc50cad.jpg

Galaxy Invader 1000 here.

On 29/10/2019 at 08:56, Camel said:

Galaxy Invader 1000 here.

I like how the "1000" survived the name change - had a nice ring to it, I guess! 

I see now that Tandy licensed the game from the Japanese company Gakken, and they marketed the game as Galaxy Invader 1000, which probably explains why the name changed when Tandy was poised to market the same game.

My little pile. I'm a hardware guy, 90% of this has been found at car boots, the rest on eBay or from new / CEX the last 30 years (I'm 37 next year)

To the right:

Amiga 4000 with GVP Trex II 060 CPU

Vectrex

Saturn with Pseudo Saturn Cart

Xecutor Front panel Xbox with 160GB HDD

Soft modded Xbox with 160GB HDD

Soft modded PS2 with 750gb HDD

Wii U 8GB

N64

Handhelds are:

Ps Vita

PSP 3000

PSP Go

New 3DS XL

Zelda DS

GBA

Gameboy SP

Bivert Modded Gameboy

Lynx 2

Gizmodo

Ngage

Neo Geo Pocket Colour

To the left;

Atari Jaguar

Mega CD 2

Megadrive

Amiga 1200 with 1240 accelerator(?)

Atari 520 ST

Sega Sports Dreamcast (GDEMU and UK PSU to be fitted)

Nintendo Virtual Boy

Master System

Amiga CD32 with TF328

There's a SNES and GX4000 up in the tubs above. Plus the mini consoles and a Nvidia Shield hooked up downstairs for emulators.

Sandwiched between all that is a bunch of games for all the systems.

Not pictured: Ryzen bases PC, Gold star 3DO, game gear, Xbox 360, PS4 Pro, PSVR, Xbox One S, Nintendo Switch, PS3 as they are in the next room or packed away.

Can't show the living room but there's a 4k 55" hisense down there and I've a couple of CRT's lurking.

_20191107_235102.JPG

_20191107_234723.JPG

A little while ago, I got myself a monitor with HDMI, with the intention of using it for last gen consoles.

As the amount of consoles using HDMI has increased, I bought a shoe rack to put them all on.

Works well.

6xFSvRP.jpg

So, there is:

PS3 (soon to be modded)

360 (rgh modded, hence the 500gb HDD sat on top)

Wii (nodded and running SNES and MD games)

PS1 Classic 

Fat PS2 (MC Boot, with and 80gb HDD)

Controllers did sit in the shoe boxes, but they're full, so I need a better solution

• 1 month later...

I love collections that put all the eggs into one basket. i've definitely spread myself too thinly.

I've now drawn a line under everything above 24 bit, no more games, no more consoles, no more PC upgrades.

If anyone wants to buy an instant PS1, PS2, PS3, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, N64, Wii, Wii U, Xbox, Xbox 360 collection please let me know.

(will exchange for neo geo games)

On 10/11/2019 at 08:50, kernow said:

That's it. PS4 gets turned on for the three yearly naughty dog or Kojima release, pi for ROMs, SNES classic because I cba with a real one. Ossc for the neo. 

Might flog the PS4 soon and put a 1st gen ngcd there. 

My entire game collection

39 neo, 0 PS4, 5 ngpc, 10 gameboy 

This is how its done.

I can recommend the gen 1 neo geo CD, its a great machine. If you choose your games wisely, the loading times are not as bad as a PS1, which no one ever complains about,

On 10/11/2019 at 12:47, Ninja Doctor said:

I think @kernow has the right idea. It was much better when we were kids and only had two games to play. 

You are correct. I've been thinking more and more about this. Not going to renew Gamepass as somehow I play less games than I did when I was paying full price!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t had anything set up properly for months as my wife’s been ill but I finally had the chance to tidy and sort everything. Used to have a bunch of silly lights and stuff but turned it all off/ripped it all out. Getting a bit old for that now. 

98BCA069-6D7A-42FE-9356-0AC278DE978F.jpeg

4E566889-5452-4DC7-8E3D-C2D8EFA2351D.jpeg

12 hours ago, Moz said:

Haven’t had anything set up properly for months as my wife’s been ill but I finally had the chance to tidy and sort everything. Used to have a bunch of silly lights and stuff but turned it all off/ripped it all out. Getting a bit old for that now. 

98BCA069-6D7A-42FE-9356-0AC278DE978F.jpeg

4E566889-5452-4DC7-8E3D-C2D8EFA2351D.jpeg

It’s so retro, all that PC hardware is already out of date! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...