Team Fortress 2

toonfool

Right, think I have everything set up ok, so I'm in for the Thursday night game. I might be on for a bit tomorrow night too for a bit of gentle orientation.

I'll be playing with the 360 controller until I get used to m&k again, so I'll be an easy target for a bit. Although the 360 regulars will be used to that :)

So from reading the thread, am I right in thinking that the server will be passworded on Thursday evening?

By the way, fellas. In an effort to impose some kind of consistency to my various online lives, my Steam ID is now lankysanchez. Same goes for my XBL gamertag for those on my friends list.

Had a bit of a muck around on the server last night, on that Payload map in the steel mill. I can already see the kind of carnage that goes on in the third map, where the 2 tracks run parallel up the big hill :)

By the way, fellas. In an effort to impose some kind of consistency to my various online lives, my Steam ID is now lankysanchez. Same goes for my XBL gamertag for those on my friends list.

Had a bit of a muck around on the server last night, on that Payload map in the steel mill. I can already see the kind of carnage that goes on in the third map, where the 2 tracks run parallel up the big hill :)

it's pretty terrible unfortunately.

the first two rounds dont even count for anything.

I have had good fun on Pipeline, but very rarely. Maybe two or three of the couple dozen times I've played the map. Like Chris says the first two rounds don't really count - usually, the last round is won by whoever wins the initial clash and gets their cart ahead with an insuperable lead. Usually.

I just installed new ram and graphics card yesterday so I've went from having everything on lowest to nearly everything on maximum :).

Is it worth trying to install DirectX 10 on XP ?

You could try it, but I don't think TF2 utilises anything higher than Dx9