Team Fortress 2

toonfool

Pac-Man is utterly brilliant, though it's not worth playing it as it effectively shuts down the server. The providers are currently saetting up a fast download side-server. When that's up and running I'll host maps there and redirect the D/L traffic. Custom maps will improve by 1000% when that's working.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an amazing run as a medic with a new fellow who was my partner heavy last night. We were those annoying twats on map two of Dustbowl, keeping everyone in spawn. We stayed together on that map and I broke all my records, but didn't get to see my report on the end of the map as I'd pressed the Windows key while fumbling to crouch.

I got three achievements last night, including Hardcore during that medic run. Well pleased.

Then we went to Badwater and there was no obvious partner to be with, many deaths were experienced. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

What does this mean?

SetAdminLevel admin_overrideimmunity ]

I've not given it to anyone so far, thinking that it was all text and numbers. Would that give the person the ability to override someone elses immunity? Or would it take the immunity from the person with it in their settings?

Actually, none of this should be needed. The low level admin setting should mean that most people are normal users (with reserved slots) on Thursdays. As long as none of the Northern Mafia or Electricant are online, the low level admins can play with the buttons. Such as Rudi in with his friends last night, if the plugin had been working. One thing though...

/admin_lowlevel !
///// reservedslot =6 .. lowlevel=! and these cannot be changed.

//LowerTier Admin only active when anyone without ! level is present

That last line is wrong, right? The LowerTier Admins should only be active when there's none of the higher level admins present. That's how it would make sense.

Its defiantly my computer, I tried steam on debs laptop and it works fine. My computer is coming up with absolutely tons and tons of errors all the time, might be hard drive failure of some sort. That wouldn't explain why the wifi card is acting up though.

I think I'm out for the next month or so till I get this sorted. :/

Hopefully. Fingers crossed for you.

The start map on the server is koth_loader, and it's excellent. I only wish there was an arena version as it would be the perfect starter map for the server. As it is, I think I'll make a config file so the map finishes after 30 minutes but not before, no matter the score.

After a low turnout last night I think I'll change the map cycle to only have a few regular, popular maps. Hopefully we can get randoms in to buff out the teams. Ten of us (as there were last night) could have a great session against ten randoms.

I'm going to turn off all talk too. It's a team game and you need to be able to talk tactics. All talk ruins that.

Any suggestions/opposition welcome.