IGNORED

FIFA 2010

Feels a bit more scrappy to me, defenders seems to have a bigger "sphere of influence" in that the area they can get a tackle in seems to have got bigger. however to counter that it seems a but random as to whether they will get the ball or it will bobble around and the attacker will come away with it.

Also not really noticed the 360 dribbling.

I like it but thats because I liked 09 but if it wasn't for the league I probably wouldn't have brought it after 1 days play. However on reflection no other game gets near to the number of hours Fifa gets played so need a few more games/days/weeks before passing judgement

It certainly ain't perfect. Lots of niggly, glitchy things seem to be happening due to the free form nature of it. I do love the way players hussle though. Someone like Huddlestone is a monster on the ball and you can use it to great effect. :eyebrows:

Loving it myself, defending seems much more refined. Whereas a simple A button header from a CB receiving a high ball out to a FB could often be an "OH SHIT!" moment on '09 it's handled here as it should be. Ball goes to feet and you get it "under" straight away.

Shooting seems a bit more haphazzard but I was always shite at finishing.

Crosses are much improved.

I love the new animations for blocks and when the players bump and barge each other. Nice stuff. :eyebrows:

My finishing is awful. There have been a few matches that I would have won comfortably if only I could place the ball in the back of the net.

Loving it. Although I sold '09 ages ago so it might just be the fact I have a football game again.

First FIFA goal - Gerrard free kick battered home! Against Derby, even so...:eyebrows:

Babel seems good on the right wing, for once the "let ball run through legs" thing seems to work. Sold a defender a great dummy, unf the dutchman hit the ball right down the keepers mouthface.

I'm generally crap at FIFA, yet I like this. It is slower, more freeform, yet I've noticed more player skills so far. ;)

Played me first ranked games tonight, won 3 lost 1, only conceeded 1 goal which is a good start compared to last year.

Scored my first freekick in the 2nd game with Ashlie young, felt good cause I'm no FK master like.

So thumbs up from me! If I had of lost them 4 games, I would have came in here saying it's crap :eyebrows:

Sorry for not accepting invites before,someone had the cheek to visit me on Fifa day :eyebrows:

After a few more games it's grown on me.Reminds me of the things that were great about PES 5 in alot of ways.Played 4 online games a French bloke.Different teams everytime and i don't think I saw the same goal twice.Playing in the rain is great to,felt like a complately different game.The new defender blocking animations are great to,opposition striker coming in for a volley and certain gola when my CB hurls himself at the ball with a diving header and clears it away.Great stuff ;)

Played a 2v2 earlier with randoms, and I couldn't pause the game? even though I was manager and in possesion.

Which made my partner quit lol, cause I was fucking about with menus and conceeding goals.

Also It still has that fifa 09 bug that doesn't show the proper freekick camera :eyebrows:

Well, it's kinda...buggy?

AI Players will run the ball out instead of taking a touch, and the keepers are really crap at times.

Smacks of "slightly unfinished" to me :eyebrows:

This for me is a thing of absolute beauty.

I've had some fantastic matches tonight, a 3 game thriller against Humdrum which saw me score an own goal in each match, a ding-dong battle with SaintM which he somehow won 3-0 and an epic Derby vs Millwall 5 goal thriller against Timmo.

There was a moment in the Derby-Millwall game where Timmo's boys in white were pressing the play, looking to steal the ball from me and launch their devastating counter through 'Gifted' Gary Teale.

And I wouldn't let them have it.

Knocking the ball around the back four, along the line to the winger, back to the defenders when the opening closes, quick inside to Jimmy "he'll-score-more-than-you" Abdou, nothing's on so lay it back... I must've linked together at least 30-odd passes, all the while those Rams players were chasing shadows.

What a great game.

Knocking the ball around the back four, along the line to the winger, back to the defenders when the opening closes, quick inside to Jimmy "he'll-score-more-than-you" Abdou, nothing's on so lay it back... I must've linked together at least 30-odd passes, all the while those Rams players were chasing shadows.

What a great game.

Not that realistic though, surely? :eyebrows:

played a couple of 1v1 games now and a couple of BAP games. and its starting to feel good.

i'm enjoying the shooting. (i think) i like how its now never a certain goal, like in 09 you just new that in any given situtation it was a goal no matter what.

only minor thing at the moment is how quickly the strikers get closed down in the box combinded with how long it sometimes takes the guys to shoot, but its a fine improvement for me.