IGNORED

Nicolas Cage Thread of Trailers and Discussion

Steve McQueef

Nicolas Cage has appeared in some films, he's related to some director who used to make good movies. He's getting a bit bald these days. Some would argue his acting skills have reduced at the same rate as his hairline.

I never liked him until I saw him in The Rock. He was good in that as he was a bit of a bumbling idiot.

National Treasure is a watchable film, yet most everything else I've seen him in he's...

Well...

He's got that Tom Hanks syndrome.

Where he only ever plays himself, or someone who seems a bit handicapped (see, The Rock).

That's a lack of acting talent to me.

Matchstick men was good, yet, uh...he was a bit handicapped in it. And Lohman made the film :(

I caught National Treasure on the telly over the weekend and it was quite enjoyable :(.

Aye, it's certainly an enjoyable romp. The sequel is possibly one of the silliest films I've seen but still good fun.

never fails to raise a chuckle though.

What posessed Oliver Stone to cast him in WTC, a film largely composed of tight close ups of his horsey, wooden face, I will never know.

To me it's proof Stone was secretly making it as a subversive comedy. See also: "Water Jesus"

Ghost Rider was entertaining...

Terrible, terrible actor.

Raising Arizona was a great film. Leaving Las Vegas was pretty good. Every film he has made since is mediocre. Every performance since then has been phoned in. When an actor hasnt made a decent film for 15 years, you have to ask why is he still on the A list? Oh, thats right, he is the nephew of Hollywood royalty, Francis Ford Coppola.

Some of the stuff on Youtube mocking his appearance in the remake of The Wicker Man is gold though.

Terrible, terrible actor.

Raising Arizona was a great film. Leaving Las Vegas was pretty good. Every film he has made since is mediocre. Every performance since then has been phoned in. When an actor hasnt made a decent film for 15 years, you have to ask why is he still on the A list? Oh, thats right, he is the nephew of Hollywood royalty, Francis Ford Coppola.

Some of the stuff on Youtube mocking his appearance in the remake of The Wicker Man is gold though.

This is nonsense, bringing out the dead, matchstick men, the weather man, adaptation? How you can say he phones in his performances is beyond me. He's exactly the opposite in that he totally overdoes everything he's in.

I totally agree that he's going downhill fast and embarrassing his own legacy, but those performances I mentioned above are far more interesting than 90% of other Hollywood actors output.

He's been in a lot of great movies, but he's certainly not the best actor around. The recent years are probably his worst, with projects like Next, Bangkok Dangerous and The Wickerman now on his CV.

He gave an incredible performance in Adaptation.

I completely forgot that film. That scene where he's talking to his twin brother, himself, and he was talking about how just because that girl didn't love him back it didn't mean he couldn't love her, that really moved me.

Meh I thought he was really obnoxious all films, including National treasure but I still can't help but love those films ;)

Someone said it earlier, he has a habit of just playing himself and not changing his character at all no matter what the film.

Like how whenever you watched a John Wayne film you would always know you're just watching John Wayne arseing about in a costume, he never changed.