SFIV 2nd Division Week 9

Moodmon

Rllmuk SF4 League 2nd Division Fixtures – Week 9

AS SOON AS THE FINAL TABLE GOES UP, ALL RESULTS ARE FINAL

If there are any issues with what I've done and awarded below please let me know

Outstanding Fixtures

Hegg - Hegg VS. Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 Default 3-0

Infexious - I Infexious I VS. Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 Provisional 3-0

Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 VS. ChrisBravoTown Provisional 0-3

Sithlordx - Cosmickillerdyl VS. Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 Provisional 3-0

Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 v Gozaimas – Gozaimas Provisional 0-3

Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 v Hyper_P - Hyper P Provisional 0-3

Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 v Cale - Cales Moog Provisional 0-3

Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 v Hegg – Hegg Default 0-3

ChrisBravoTown VS. Infexious - I Infexious I Provisional 0-3

Uzi - Uzion VS. ChrisBravoTown Provisional 3-0

Gozaimas - Gozaimas v ChrisBravoTown Provisional 3-0

Hegg – Hegg v ChrisBravoTown Provisional 3-0

ChrisBravoTown v Moodmon – Moodmon Provisional 0-3

Infexious - I Infexious I v ChrisBravoTown Provisional 3-0

ChrisBravoTown v Uzi - Uzion Provisional 3-0

Uzi - Uzion VS. Sithlordx - Cosmickillerdyl Provisional 0-3

Hegg - Hegg v Uzi – Uzion Provisional 3-0

Infexious - I Infexious I v Uzi – Uzion Provisional 3-0

Moodmon – Moodmon v Sithlordx – Cosmickillerdyl Provisional 0-3

Sithlordx – Cosmickillerdyl v Infexious - I Infexious I Result 0-3

Cale - Cales Moog v Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II Result 1-2

Fixtures only an idiot would miss

This might be in wrong order, but results are correct

Hyper Vs Dukesy (wk 13) Default 3-0

Dukesy Vs Moodmon (wk ;)Default 0-3

Uzi Vs MattLav (wk 7) 0-3

Round 25

Uzi – Uzion v Hyper_P - Hyper P Provisonal 0-3

ChrisBravoTown v Sithlordx - Cosmickillerdyl Provisional 0-3

Strawdonkey - Strawd0nkey v Xei - Matt Xei Default 3-0

Infexious - I Infexious I v Dukesy - Dukesy Default 3-0

Gozaimas – Gozaimas v Cale - Cales Moog Independent coin toss result 1 - 2

Moodmon – Moodmon v Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 Provisional 3-0

Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II v Hegg – Hegg Result 1-2

Round 26

Sithlordx – Cosmickillerdyl v Uzi - Uzion Provisional 3-0

Xei - Matt Xei v Hyper_P - Hyper P Default 3-0

Dukesy – Dukesy v ChrisBravoTown Default 0-3

Cale - Cales Moog v Strawdonkey - Strawd0nkey Result 1-2

Matt Lav - Nose FurR2 v Infexious - I Infexious I Provisional 0-3

Hegg – Hegg v Gozaimas - Gozaimas Provisional 3-0

Dante Sigona - Mega Drive II v Moodmon – Moodmon Result 2-1

Tables

Week 8 Results

wk8r.jpg

League Table

tablewk8.jpg

THIS IS IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

I know MattLav had connection problems, but as it stands Hegg won two rounds of one fixture, and Matt one of another. It's not intentional, but as it's going to have zero impact and on the league I'm gonna award both matches 3-0 to Hegg pending any discussion on the matter.

Regarding Outstanding Fixtures

Deadline for fixtures is Wednesday 3rd June. All fixtures will need to be played by then. My current plan for any outstanding fixtures is this:

1) Anything that isn't going to be vital to league will be awarded 3-0 to who I think has made the most effort to play the match, and has the least amount of outstanding fixtures

2) Anything that is vital really needs to be played as a priority

Note: I will define anything vital to be regarding the top TWO places and positions 10-12 (I'm assuming this to effectively be relegation battle minus Dukesy and Xei). Having said that, anything that we as a group think would be an easy game to predict could be given effectively a pools panel type result.

Example - I would predict that DMK would beat ChrisBravoTown, and would ask for discussion on awarding win to DMK

My Views On Vital Fixtures

Now as far as I'm concerned a lot of the positions are already sorted. I know a lot is still up in the air due to the number of fixtures and so on, but this is how I see it (I'm not trying to cause offence, but I want this league to finish on time).

Winner: Sith Vs DMK will decide it - I don't think any of the outstanding matches would pose much of a problem for these

Play-off: Hegg - Currently equal points with Dante but with the possible MattLav results I can't see the gap being closed

4th: Between Cale and Dante - who 99% of time get their matches done, so this should get sorted - also not important in scale of things

6th: Between Me and Goz, and I'll be honest the difference between 6th and 7th doesn't matter to me a huge deal

9th-12th (playing by 10-12 being relegation + play off positions): I'd say Chris is down, boiling down to Donk, Hyper and Uzi. Problem is Chris and Uzi have a lot of unplayed games, which could all be vital in deciding it. This causes problems assuming the players higher up the league would beat them, as they have a lot to play for.

I really would like some discussion on this - not just from here but from other leagues as well - it's a dangerous thing to start doing but it feels like the league will not got finished for ages at this rate. Problems arise when people who have played and lost to someone then see someone else get awarded the default. I don't want this to happen, but I can't see another way round the problem. Also you lot will have an idea of just how good everyone else is, and if you think something is horribly unfair.

I will say I intend to default MattLav's fixtures by the deadline as aside from match Vs Chris I don't think any will matter in the long run, and I'm fairly sure he's safe from relegation/won't trouble top lot.

It's Moogtime. Cale! My season ends abruptly with you. When's it going to be?

Tomorrow between 6.15 and 7.15 is a guaranteed time to get me. It'll probably be Monday onwards after that.

Mr Goz: same applies to you. I have no idea when I'll be able to play MattLav. Dude is like smoke on the wind. ;)

Can we all go round to infexious or sithlords place to watch that fight? :)

Thanks for doing all of this Moodmon, I know how much of a ballache it can be. As for my stuff...

Yeah I'm happy to go with whatever you guys decide on the MattLav fights. I really don't mind playing those last games if he wants (and can get online). As for my remaining fixtures - I'm pretty much living at work at the moment, I'll be here all weekend too. I'd prefer to play at home on my tournament stick but at this point in the league I'm more than happy to help get this all finished up so I can use my Hori stick that I have in the office.

Goz/Uzi/Dante/ChrisBravoTown - whenever you know you'll be online PM me (as much notice as pos would be great). I'll undoubtedly be at work and I'll jump on. Be using a different Live account, not sure which one, will give you the name at the time.

Hope that's all cool.

Can we all go round to infexious or sithlords place to watch that fight? :)

This.

Oh man, we can do the generic SF video OOOOARRRRAAGGHHHHHH whenever something good happens. Plus I can bring my fine collection of hats. Everyone's a winner.

One of those two needs to get this match video taped and stuck up on youtube. Seriously.

We can all get drunk, affect stereotypical Latino accents and shout, 'nuh uh!, no he di'n't!'

It'll be, like, massively awesome.

Cales Moog 1 - 2 Dante Sigona

When oh when will I learn not to wall dive someone when they have an ultra. Good games, especially the casuals afterwards. I was so pleased with myself when I finally got Rufus' EX messiah FADC Ultra out, as I'd fluffed it two or three times already. :(

On the other hand, I lost to Dan with Abel. ;):)

Cales Moog 1 - 2 Dante Sigona

When oh when will I learn not to wall dive someone when they have an ultra. Good games, especially the casuals afterwards. I was so pleased with myself when I finally got Rufus' EX messiah FADC Ultra out, as I'd fluffed it two or three times already. :(

On the other hand, I lost to Dan with Abel. ;):)

I fluffed so much shit during those Gouken match ups that I... ummm.... I.... Nope, I got nothing.

Tomorrow between 6.15 and 7.15 is a guaranteed time to get me. It'll probably be Monday onwards after that.

Mr Goz: same applies to you. I have no idea when I'll be able to play MattLav. Dude is like smoke on the wind. :o

Ok - I get in at about 7 pm so I'll get straight on it.

Can we all go round to infexious or sithlords place to watch that fight? :huh:

Thanks for doing all of this Moodmon, I know how much of a ballache it can be. As for my stuff...

Yeah I'm happy to go with whatever you guys decide on the MattLav fights. I really don't mind playing those last games if he wants (and can get online). As for my remaining fixtures - I'm pretty much living at work at the moment, I'll be here all weekend too. I'd prefer to play at home on my tournament stick but at this point in the league I'm more than happy to help get this all finished up so I can use my Hori stick that I have in the office.

Goz/Uzi/Dante/ChrisBravoTown - whenever you know you'll be online PM me (as much notice as pos would be great). I'll undoubtedly be at work and I'll jump on. Be using a different Live account, not sure which one, will give you the name at the time.

Hope that's all cool.

I'll be in a bit, but if you see me ever playing gears, it means I'm with playing horde with friends and can't leave. Sorry I missed you again last night, got your message after I switched off I think. Just send me a PM on here when you're coming on and I'll jump on then or message you over xbox.com to let you know. Even if you're on now I'll come on to play you as you've made a mad amount of effort and just caught me at every wrong possible moment, so you name it, and unless I'm playing gears/sacred with a mate at the time, I'm there.

Also me and Infexious have tried to play our games over two days- couldn't connect to each other! I'll try and get my router sorted somehow for future sessions but I'm more than willing to concede 3-0 to him.

Cale 1 - 2 Donk

That was massively unexpected! Thoroughly drubbed in the first match, thrown all over the place, out-prioritised all the time (EX Soul Spiral vs HK Soul Spiral equals GRRRR) but managed to find my feet in the remaining games. Turning point was the first cheeky under-fireball slide; the second one in the third match was entirely a fluke :huh:

Very, very close - another day it all would have ended differently.

Thanks again, man. Insert something about soul power here

I need people like Cale, Donk and Dante to teach me the trick to throwing. I succckk at it. Those bastards do it like clockwork

It's really just getting into the habit of it! Basically, it's about lulling people into thinking you're going to attack them, so they block and then throw them. Sometimes that's as simple as an empty jump in or cross up. Other good ones for Ryu are using his towards and HP attack, which is easy enough to just throw them if blocked At the end of a Hurricane Kick block string sometimes works as well, but if it doesn't you'll probably end up eating a dragon punch. Sometimes it's good to use a LP hurricane kick at close range if they're expecting a longer variation from which you can either throw or LP dragon punch to keep them guessing...

And if Cammy or Blanka are just idly walking towards you... they're about to throw you!

Sorry guys but i really cant see me finishing my matches by wednesday :D

are there any UBER important matches i must play that decides the league?

If so, drop me a PM. But i will regrettably have to concede all my remaining fixtures.

P.S. Sorry Hegg i also concede them matches to you. good luck guy :(

Cale 1 - 2 Donk

That was massively unexpected! Thoroughly drubbed in the first match, thrown all over the place, out-prioritised all the time (EX Soul Spiral vs HK Soul Spiral equals GRRRR) but managed to find my feet in the remaining games. Turning point was the first cheeky under-fireball slide; the second one in the third match was entirely a fluke :D

Very, very close - another day it all would have ended differently.

Thanks again, man. Insert something about soul power here

Confirming the result. I was completely out-played in the last two matches. A really strong performance from Donk - I couldn't get any kind of rhythm going at all, made poor choices at every opportunity and was soundly beaten by the better man.

Kudos!

Just Goz and MattLav to go for me now. Saw Matt's note about conceding the match but I'm still happy to play it if he wants to. I'll be around on Monday evening, if either he or Goz wants to get it going on. Pretty sure I've pissed away any chance of fourth now though. :(

I need people like Cale, Donk and Dante to teach me the trick to throwing. I succckk at it. Those bastards do it like clockwork

Ooops. Forgot to mention this. As Imp says, it's just getting into the habit of doing it really. It really helps when mixing up attacks. And it doesn't feel as cheap as it used to in previous iterations due to it not taking loads and loads of health off. I think one of the reasons I throw so much and have got used to it is because when you main with Rose it's one of her best weapons and pretty much the only thing you can reliably punish a lot of whiffed moves with.

The really important bit is learning to tech them. :(

Running leagues - kills all incentive to get arse in gear and actually play some SF :unsure:

If I don't get to play my matches by Wednesday I'll likely just concede them. Only one that might cause trouble with is Chris due to bottom of table shenanigans. Then again, if Chris and Uzi do have a large amount left over I might default the lot as I think with the last few results the league is pretty much sorted.

Or it will be, when I've sorted out where I've missed a fixture for me and Hyper >_<

EDIT - Got them, both defaulted games I've missed, which means it is even more lkely 'bottom three' are Chris, Uzi and Donk. Unless the two former drive to DMK's house and he plays for them. Hey, it;s a though.

(Yes, I am doing that next season)

MORE EDITING GOODNESS

I should be free for most of today, and Monday till MS E3 conference comes on. Then after that.

Hey people, I don't see me finishing my matches by Wednesday either. If there is any implication to the table, or if you simply feel like giving me a thrashing just send me a message on xbox live and I will do my best to give you a match.

Wish I could have shown more dedication, but holidays and parenthood got in the way!

e2a: I will be online for the next hour or so to get through as many matches as possible