IGNORED

Halo: Reach

Kryptonian

Well, I've been building and testing a Forge map all day, with the help of gamepaused and my brother and I think it's shaping up quite nicely.

A proper asymmetric slayer map, in the Guardian vein, although a bit bigger.

I just need to get weapon placements and spawns sorted and to add a bit of polish and then it'll be ready to roll.

I'd ideally like to get 2 teams of 4 on there to properly try it out tomorrow, so does anyone fancy it?

Count me in, if you would be so kind.

Right, Ian and Omus are in too. Good shit.

Krypt, now you're a mod I was wondering if maybe we could get the current Halo folder in online tidied up then we can use it for reach. It'd be a good place to put Forge creations, as well as organising tournaments or talking about Firefight or Campaign co-op runs.

I just think putting everything in this thread things seem to get lost because it's moving so fast. It'd be nice to have specific topics all in one place where people cam find stuff easily.

What do you think?

What are some of the easter eggs then?

There's a hidden room, I think in the Halsey lab level, with terminals that contain several tributes to the fan community (couched in slightly oblique terms). There's the aforementioned hidden Master Chief shot in the final cut scene. I'm sure more will emerge. Some eggs in the journal booklet too.

What? I am not lying I tell you. Maybe it was a fluke and in perfect timing with the dropship deploying new troops. It just gelled so perfectly.

Haven't you seen elites retreating and then coming back? It has happened to us three or four times when fighting on the road.

Haha, I'm not doubting you, I just think it sounds cool and I'd like to see it myself. Which, thanks to Theatre mode and filesharing, I can! Sort me out.

I just think putting everything in this thread things seem to get lost because it's moving so fast. It'd be nice to have specific topics all in one place where people cam find stuff easily.

What do you think?

Given a choice I'd prefer to keep it all in this thread. It seems to work alright over at GAF. The Halo folder in Online always felt like something of a ghost town whenever I remembered to visit it. Sure, loads of folks are posting at the mo', but the game's only been out a week. I imagine it'll slow down in the coming in weeks or months once interest tails off. Also, having just the one thread would keep it visible, which may go some way to helping us maintain a community.

Just my two cents. Obviously I'm happy to go with the consensus. :)

With regards to playtesting your map: I'm around most evenings. Send me an invite and I'll cut across and join you.

Is the "back" functionality broken in Theatre?

I can't seem to rewind properly, it just goes back to certain points and then drops me back to the start of the mission.

Forward seems to be working fine with RT.

That's the only way theatre can work with firefight or campaign films. Theatre mode is essentially replaying the game based on a saved record of your controller inputs - it's easy to go forwards, but going backwards means running AI code in reverse - which is very difficult to do properly. So instead they've just saved the complete state of the game at certain points.

Is the "back" funcionality broken in Theatre?

I can't seem to rewind properly, it just goes back to certain points and then drops me back to the start of the mission.

Forward seems to be working fine with RT.

I'd have suspected that the way the engine works you can't go "back" properly you can only go forward. Sounds crazy I know, it's probably just a limitation of how the replays work; because they're not true replays as such they're using the in game engine to recreate rather than actually show, say, a video.

*edit* and being able to "rewind" in code is apparently very difficult/would require a total, utter re-write.

- Me exchanging fire with an invisible elite. I go back to take cover and recharge my shields. I then storm back out only for him to be gone. I turn around and we come face to face. The bastard flanked me while I was waiting for my recharge and assassinates me.

:blink:

[/pedant]

This has probably already been covered but does the game scale well in coop? they said it would be harder for more players this time around but they say this every time and TBH previous games have been a cake walk with more than a couple of players (unless you turn a few skulls on)

This has probably already been covered but does the game scale well in coop? they said it would be harder for more players this time around but they say this every time and TBH previous games have been a cake walk with more than a couple of players (unless you turn a few skulls on)

I played a section in the middle with one wraith on Legendary, when I did it with two friends on Legendary there were three wraiths. That doesn't seem fair to me, having to dodge three balls of plasma.

Surprised no-one has moaned about the "RETURN TO THE BATTLEFIELD!" message that appears if you step out of line. It seems to come up pretty easily. For example if you dip a toe in the water on the last bit of "Exodus" it seems to appear. I also quite fancied a walk around outside of the

Covenant Corvette.

It looks as though I could walked all the way along it were it not for the timer.

Yeah. I spied the Arena but doesn't seem to be something that I can play alone at the moment.

I don't even know where the K/D is. And Halo has always been a play to win sort of game for me. With CoD I'm happy to have a 5-0 round even if my team loses.

I'm still tender over Halo 3 getting throw in the bin in favour of CoD4 despite being the better game.

http://bungie.net for all your K/D needs. Amongst masses of other detailed stats.

I played a section in the middle with one wraith on Legendary, when I did it with two friends on Legendary there were three wraiths. That doesn't seem fair to me, having to dodge three balls of plasma.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound ideal, it just sounds more chaotic. I thought they would be more sensible and have maybe a couple of wraiths and another vehicle, or boost the rank of ground troops. but Just to multiply everything by the number of players could get very busy...

So finished Heroic and have to say I thought it was brilliant. The AI's the best the series has seen without question, the environments and setpieces are really quite stunning, and the DMR is just the best thing ever. Overall easily the best Halo since CE, and probably the only one of the series not to have a least one level that isn't complete poo.

Just a shame it so's horribly unbalanced on Legendary that I'm left twiddling my thumbs without much to do now; has anyone managed to do 'Nightfall' yet without relying on the Spartan sniper matey a little bit too much?