IGNORED

Halo: Reach

Kryptonian

What button config are people using? I use 'default' at the moment, but had been considering giving Bumper Jumper a go so that I can jump and aim at the same time. The only downside is you can't look around whilst jet-packing, although I don't use the jetpack too often anyway. Is it worth learning to juse Bumper Jumper?

I bit the bullet and went for Default in Reach. Took me a day or so for it to click, but I *think* I've made the right choice. I miss Bumper Jumper, and I feel like I'm missing a trick by not being able to jump and aim at the same time, but to be honest I'm as good as I ever was at Halo (you can infer from that what you will). I like having the option of using the jetpack, even though I tend to use it more in Firefight than regular match-making. Another thing I'd say is that the jump in Reach is a bit less floaty than it was in Halo 3, so arguably Bumper Jumper's less useful than it once was.

What button config are people using? I use 'default' at the moment, but had been considering giving Bumper Jumper a go so that I can jump and aim at the same time. The only downside is you can't look around whilst jet-packing, although I don't use the jetpack too often anyway. Is it worth learning to juse Bumper Jumper?

Boxer all the way for me, easy to access to all weapons and armour abilities while keeping full movement control (apart from jumping of course). I prefer having melee on the trigger as I use this much more often than grenades

They can, this makes them more accurate...

Those "standing up" shots in that video were all over the place! Hardly what I'd expect from a genetically-engineered superhuman in the presumably stable firing platform of power armour.

Greenthumb since Halo CE here!

Those "standing up" shots in that video were all over the place! Hardly what I'd expect from a genetically-engineered superhuman in the presumably stable firing platform of power armour.

Ah, I didn't watch the video - I was just going off your post. I've not noticed much issue over large distances when playing though.

I'll have a look at the video when I get home :)

Yep..

Any other set up and I'm all WTF WHY AM I ZOOMED INTO HIS FACE.. oh, I'm dead.

Haha, that's what I do all the time, but don't you just end up meleeing thin-air instead? I wish they'd put crouch on the right stick as it wouldn't cause me half as many problems. In MW2 I'd end up lying down by accident which just made me a harder target :P

I'll have to have a play about with them, but it's tricky picking up the required tactics (for me at least) so messing around with the controls will probably mean I'm even worse in the short-term!

Haha, that's what I do all the time, but don't you just end up meleeing thin-air instead? I wish they'd put crouch on the right stick as it wouldn't cause me half as many problems. In MW2 I'd end up lying down by accident which just made me a harder target :P

I never melee by accident, there isn't really any need to press down on the sticks when you aren't meleeing. I do however melee thin air quite often.. I really haven't got the hang of melees in reach yet and my standard grenade > headshot > melee approach is causing me more deaths than kills.

Incidentally, I tried clench control for the zoom for a couple of games, and didn't get along with the lack of sensitivity, but I reckon I know how it works.

Far as I can tell, it dramatically decreases sensitivity in all situations except when you're aiming at or fairly near an enemy, in which case it will be as responsive as ever. The theory is sound enough, but the only gripe I had is that it can be a bit more annoying if you want to scope an empty spot of land that you expect traffic at, especially if it's a split second job for various reasons.

Only other control issues I have are that I keep forgetting to hold the trigger so I merely thwack dudes round the back of the head rather than perform an assassination. Still gets the kill, but isn't as cool.

how can you tell?

You cant really. Saying that, I did have a game the other day where a rocket launcher wielding guy shot me at point blank range almost and came back with his shields recharging. Made me think he was probably the host.

It really sucks for us people in the UK where our upload is so low its ridiculous :(

What's clench control?

It's to stop cack-handers like me from clicking the sticks by accident, because we're all like "aaaargggghhhfuckinghellsomeonehasjustpoppedupinfrontofme"<ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM>Dead. :(

Except it doesn't work. Although I might have to try another pad - I'm hoping mine is a bit loose from 14 days of MW2.

BTB is back in action since the re-jig, already much better. I hope they do keep re-jigging.

Just had a game on paradiso where 3 quit and we only lost 1-0. some epic defending and last minute shield usage. I tried to attack the tank in open ground by using the armour lock in time with the shots, but he cottoned on after the 4th one. Nearly amazing though.

BTB is back in action since the re-jig, already much better. I hope they do keep re-jigging.

Just had a game on paradiso where 3 quit and we only lost 1-0. some epic defending and last minute shield usage. I tried to attack the tank in open ground by using the armour lock in time with the shots, but he cottoned on after the 4th one. Nearly amazing though.

Which tank is in BTB now? Its a bit shit if they took the Scorpion out of all game modes like they did in Halo 2, it meant it never got a look-in in matchmaking ever. I personally prefer the wraith due to the boost, and the Scorpion in Reach seems to lack any use of the left trigger which feels crappy in comparison to me as a result.

I personally prefer the wraith due to the boost, and the Scorpion in Reach seems to lack any use of the left trigger which feels crappy in comparison to me as a result.

No way. Ballistic shells = insta death. It's nice getting the arc and timing of a Wraith shot just right, but if I'm actually trying to wipe people off the map, I'll take leading targets slightly and firing, thanks.

No way. Ballistic shells = insta death. It's nice getting the arc and timing of a Wraith shot just right, but if I'm actually trying to wipe people off the map, I'll take leading targets slightly and firing, thanks.

You just get boarded with no way of stopping them as the tank cant point downwards to shoot them, and shooting an object to blast radius kill them will damage you too. Wraith boost *splat* ftw :P

You just get boarded with no way of stopping them as the tank cant point downwards to shoot them, and shooting an object to blast radius kill them will damage you too. Wraith boost *splat* ftw :P

Psh, just don't let anyway close enough to board!