Halo: Reach

Kryptonian

I'm playing through on ledgendary, can't seem to get the hang of nightfall despite finding the difficulty OK so far.

Have you found the hologram and camouflage armour abilities near the start? They allow you to sneak through a lot of it (not necessarily avoiding the enemies; just taking them out in stealthy fashion).

Have you found the hologram and camouflage armour abilities near the start? They allow you to sneak through a lot of it (not necessarily avoiding the enemies; just taking them out in stealthy fashion).

I've been using the camo quite a bit, its the sections where you have to take out multiple elites where I keep dying (a lot). It seems their armour requires more than two headshots from the sniper rifle to take them down.

I actually swapped for the Hologram on nightfall Legendary, distracts them just long enough to pop them with a couple of shots. Also very useful for taking out the turrets. I actually shoot the turrets themselves rather than the occupants, 4 shots and they blow up so nobody can jump in them.

Nightfall is hard on legendary until you abuse the plasma pistol + dmr headshot on elites., i didnt even bother with hologram. Then on the last bit after the hunters, just shoot the grunt out of the shade turrents, and watch every enemy climb in to take their place....headshot them, and repeat.

Yeah, check the bloom aswell. Tappy tappy for best effect, but really...dont pick it up.

what, the plasma repeater? it's really good. in an AR, get to the beat down stage, fight i find it wins. i found the plasma rifle really handy for removing shields in the campaign too.

I've been using the camo quite a bit, its the sections where you have to take out multiple elites where I keep dying (a lot). It seems their armour requires more than two headshots from the sniper rifle to take them down.

There's always the PP/any headshot weapon combo - never fails (it even feels a bit cheap to be honest).

The latest Bungie Weekly Update - http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=29512

I know it seems I do it at almost every BWU, but :wub:

That page crashes both Safari and Firefox on the Mac. :(

I hope they'll be able to do something about griefers who take down team-mates' shields. Maybe they could detect people do a certain amount of damage to team-mates' shields in a certain time period (to allow for legitimate collateral damage from grenades or rockets, or people just being a bit shit).

The latest Bungie Weekly Update - http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=29512

I know it seems I do it at almost every BWU, but :wub:

From that:

we’ll be deploying a fairly easy Daily Challenge on Monday morning. Link your gamertag with a Bungie.net profile and play one measly matchmaking game and you’ll snag what’s likely to be the easiest Challenge of your career.

I imagine it'll only be a small one. 1000cr at most. But worth doing if you're a whore for easy credits.

That page crashes both Safari and Firefox on the Mac. :(

I hope they'll be able to do something about griefers who take down team-mates' shields. Maybe they could detect people do a certain amount of damage to team-mates' shields in a certain time period (to allow for legitimate collateral damage from grenades or rockets, or people just being a bit shit).

Use Google Chrome. It's lovely (and fast).

I agree with you on that. With the amount of data Bungie look at, it'll no doubt be something they're looking at. They just won't have figured out a practical way to deal with it yet.

4 player co-op was made for 4 spartans jumping a chasm in a truck and two of them are on the roof because the truck only seats two and they're shooting their guns in the air. Obviously. What else would it be for.

Oh right. I thought it might've been some kind of use of weight distribution and momentum that allowed the truck to make a jump to a hitherto inaccessible part of a map or something. I thought that might've been what 4 player Halo Co-Op might have been for.

Speaking of co-op...Can 4 players play ANY game modes on two consoles, with 2 players split-screened on each console? If so what modes?

Or is it 1 person per console when system linked?

Thanks for the info. I've had a quick google around, but even co-optimus doesn't really make it clear.

Speaking of co-op...Can 4 players play ANY game modes on two consoles, with 2 players split-screened on each console? If so what modes?

Or is it 1 person per console when system linked?

Thanks for the info. I've had a quick google around, but even co-optimus doesn't really make it clear.

If it's a LAN set up, then I would expect you can play all modes in that way. I mean, the original Halo allowed 16 player games with four xboxs and four players per machine.

If it's a LAN set up, then I would expect you can play all modes in that way. I mean, the original Halo allowed 16 player games with four xboxs and four players per machine.

We're expecting that to be the case too, really. But, if I can find out ahead of time that we're onto a loser, then we won't need to lug the extra tv/360 around, and can just play FIFA all night instead.

Crikey, that linked account challenge is worth 3000cr.

(Don't forget they'll update at 10am now as opposed to 11am).

Indeed, that challenge that Bungie was on about is a whole lot of lol.

2000 cR Multiplicative

Earn 45 Multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

400cR Gunslinger

Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

1500cR One Spartan Army

Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

1000cR House of Pain

Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Mythic, Tilt, and Thunderstorm on.

3000cR Linked Up with Bungie.net

Link your gamertag with Bungie.net and play a game in Halo: Reach Matchmaking.

I occasionally see people on Reach with a rifle icon or the Halo 2 logo next to their name on the roster. What does it mean?

The rifle means you have a Bugie PRO account, the Halo 2 logo means you have played Halo 2 online.

What happens if you've already linked up your account? Play a game, get the credits? I'd be surprised if it was anything different, but I would like it confirmed.

Yes, in fact it gave me the points as soon as I started searching.