IGNORED

Halo: Reach

Kryptonian

I sank pretty much my entire weekend into Firefight, and without exception every single game had a quitter - usually the player who only wanted to play Rocketfight. Even so, there is at least a feeling of solidarity and pride as the remaining players stand their ground and see it through to the end.

Do we know if any new Firefight maps will be available via DLC? I love the existing maps, but some new areas would be welcomed.

Not sure I can fully explain - a form of emphasis different from bolding it, or putting in caps, or whatever.

Edit:

I suppose it's just suggesting that the battle is so daft, that this is in some way the official name. Something along those lines, anyway.

I dunno - it's quite a common flippant writing device.

Just tell him it's something they do a lot in 1066 And All That.

I'll be on soon VN1X. By the way, I missed you invite last night, then I ended up joining Talvalin and Wah. I think Tal invited you in, but you must have been away... Anyway, I'll be on shortly if you fancy a few games...

Also, I've get 3 Forge maps that I've been working hard on and I'd like to get some of you lot on to try them out. You can find out more about them here, so if anyone's interested let me know! The amount of time it takes to get these babies working is crazy, so it'd be a bit of a waste not to have a few rounds on them. They're great. Trust me!

I'll be on soon VN1X. By the way, I missed you invite last night, then I ended up joining Talvalin and Wah. I think Tal invited you in, but you must have been away... Anyway, I'll be on shortly if you fancy a few games...

Also, I've get 3 Forge maps that I've been working hard on and I'd like to get some of you lot on to try them out. You can find out more about them here, so if anyone's interested let me know! The amount of time it takes to get these babies working is crazy, so it'd be a bit of a waste not to have a few rounds on them. They're great. Trust me!

Some very good games last night. Hopefully more of the same this evening! :)

This might be the dumbest question in the history of questions but how does one level up quickly? Achievement whore and all that. :eyebrows:

Complete all of the daily & weekly challenges, and check your Commendations. My hike to Lt. Colonel was helped along by 2 Commendations going gold.

Anyway, I'm definitely up for some games tonight. If I'm not on your friends list, add me up (RBOnline) and I'll accept them when I get on.

Who was it that had some Forge maps that needed trying out? I'd be up for that too if they're about.

Someone posted a firefight gametype on here which is dead handy for some of the daily challenges, on my phone atm otherwise I'd look back and find it. That'll help you rank up and pick up some achievements too.

You might get one Firefight Challenge a month that doesn't have to be done in Firefight Matchmaking. So apart from that rare occurrence, it won't help you rank up. You might get about 20 credits for playing. But that's it. Firefight Commendations can only be done through Matchmaking too. Again, to stop abuse of the system.

But yes, it's an easy way to get a few of the Achievements.

You might get one Firefight Challenge a month that doesn't have to be done in Firefight Matchmaking. So apart from that rare occurrence, it won't help you rank up. You might get about 20 credits for playing. But that's it. Firefight Commendations can only be done through Matchmaking too. Again, to stop abuse of the system.

But yes, it's an easy way to get a few of the Achievements.

But you can still go it alone via Score Attack - Snipers is good for credits.

I know. We were on about the '1m points in 10 minutes' game types you can download for Firefight.

Wait, hang on, you can do the firefight matchmaking challenges solo in score attack? Please be true! My connection is too laggy for firefight so im never able to do any of the FF related daily challenges

It's listed under "Matchmaking" and everything, so yeah.

I have to say I'm losing interest in Reach, and it doesn't have anything to do with COD (which I think is pretty poor this year). This weeks weekly challenge isn't helping, I havnt even bothered playing this week after seeing te 50 wins required. Bastards.

It's listed under "Matchmaking" and everything, so yeah.

I have to say I'm losing interest in Reach, and it doesn't have anything to do with COD (which I think is pretty poor this year). This weeks weekly challenge isn't helping, I havnt even bothered playing this week after seeing te 50 wins required. Bastards.

Yeah, I've been doing the challenges (or at least the attainable ones; there's no way I will ever get most of the multiplayer matchmaking ones), and it's kind of killed the game for me. At first, the challenges kept my interest, but now I'm sick of killing 20 million Covenant in Firefight just to nudge my rank bar a few centimetres. I've wasted tons of credits on various Firefight voices, just to keep it a bit more interesting, but overall, it just feels like a grind. Which it is, I guess.

I wonder if challenges in the first Halo would have made me enjoy it even more, or made me get bored more quickly? I suppose it's Firefight mode that is ultimately quite repetitive, so if it had such a mode, the answer would be yes. Also, going into an arena where waves of preset Covenant spawn and get mown down doesn't have the same cache as exploring a mysterious alien world, and fighting a resistance battle against a more organised and technologically superior foe.

Firefight mode was brilliant at first, especially when I saw all the options, but when I realised how ultimately shallow (and easy) it is, I went off it.