IGNORED

Left 4 Dead 2

giant_frying_pan

Well hopefully they are going to make it more like TF2 with much more ease of community modding. Getting new campaigns on there at the moment is a bit of a pain, so Valve releasing them in patches as happens with TF2 would be great.

Plus hats. Got to have more hats.

I hate mountains is great.

Personally I think any L4D3 would need to add something really new to the mix. I feel like finales in which you have to use limited objects like boards, heavy objects in the way of doors etc would be a good start. Allow your team more strategic options. I also feel like some kind of persistent levelling system or at least customisation for loadout and whatnot could be good.

Plus it needs Coach. I NEED MOOOARRR COACCCCH!.

Things I want in L4D 3

- A grenade system like Halo's

- Seige sections like RE4 where you have to hold back a horde, but that happen organically. So like the tank sections, you hear the 'Seige' tune, and know you have to hide in the nearest structure and board it up tight before the horde arrive.

- Automated turret guns like in Aliens: Special Edition. These can be carried and used like standard guns, but are many meant for use during Seiges.

- Zombies that can be damaged in specific ways and vary in attacking behaviour. For example, shooting off legs, arms, heads etc.

- Trip mines.

Things I want in L4D 3

- A grenade system like Halo's

- Seige sections like RE4 where you have to hold back a horde, but that happen organically. So like the tank sections, you hear the 'Seige' tune, and know you have to hide in the nearest structure and board it up tight before the horde arrive.

- Automated turret guns like in Aliens: Special Edition. These can be carried and used like standard guns, but are many meant for use during Seiges.

- Zombies that can be damaged in specific ways and vary in attacking behaviour. For example, shooting off legs, arms, heads etc.

- Trip mines.

These are already in via a community campaign - Military Industrial Complex.

• 3 months later...

This was in the Steam Summer Sale yesterday and I'm guessing I'm not the only person who either bought it or was reminded by the sale that it exists, so thought I'd revive the thread to ask if anyone fancies a bit of PC multiplayer. As an added bonus if you're doing the Steam ticket-collecting thing, I do believe that there's a ticket reward for completing one of the campaigns.

My Steam ID is ALI5T4RR and I'll hopefully be around sometime after 9pm tonight, either to do the ticket-related campaign or anything else you might fancy (I've only played the original five chapters before so haven't even seen any of the DLC). I'm pretty terrible at most games, but I have plenty of enthusiasm! Anyway, it would be cool if a few people fancied playing it because it's really not the same with unknown and silent teammates.

This was in the Steam Summer Sale yesterday and I'm guessing I'm not the only person who either bought it or was reminded by the sale that it exists, so thought I'd revive the thread to ask if anyone fancies a bit of PC multiplayer. As an added bonus if you're doing the Steam ticket-collecting thing, I do believe that there's a ticket reward for completing one of the campaigns.

My Steam ID is ALI5T4RR and I'll hopefully be around sometime after 9pm tonight, either to do the ticket-related campaign or anything else you might fancy (I've only played the original five chapters before so haven't even seen any of the DLC). I'm pretty terrible at most games, but I have plenty of enthusiasm! Anyway, it would be cool if a few people fancied playing it because it's really not the same with unknown and silent teammates.

I should be on tonight and I'll happily play if so :) I've added you to Steam and you should have an invite pending (Al Benicio is my steam name though mr_woo is what you add for anyone else who wants to have an annoying bastard on their friends list ;) )

Until then it's a day of cleaning :(

The "cold stream" campaign is.... okay. But then I did break my own rule and play it without any company so it's probably worth another go with humans.

I'm on now, just messing around so feel free to drop me an invite if you want to play and I'll come out of whatever I'm doing.

The "cold stream" campaign is.... okay. But then I did break my own rule and play it without any company so it's probably worth another go with humans.

I'm on now, just messing around so feel free to drop me an invite if you want to play and I'll come out of whatever I'm doing.

Really want to play but busy with family stuff at the mo, damnit :angry: I'll try and get on sometime tonight if possible.

Finished cold stream, yeah, its okay. Maybe im just a bit tired of the L4D formula by now but it was good but never blew me away. It could also be because its a beta, so it looks a bit rough in places and feels a bit 'empty'. The finale is quite disappointing too, it doesnt feel like the peak of a crescendo, just feels like any other infinite mob moment.

Its enjoyable, but on the whole i think L4D is getting a bit stale to me.

It's not as good as the other campaigns because there's not as much atmosphere and as you say the finale isn't much of a finale - you just run somewhere. I still enjoyed it though - the bit with the flooded stairs was cool. But on the whole it opted more for "throw hundreds of normal zombies at 'em" than any interesting locales for fights with specials.

Despite the negativity in my previous post I'm still excited for some multiplayer if people are around :-)

It's not as good as the other campaigns because there's not as much atmosphere and as you say the finale isn't much of a finale - you just run somewhere. I still enjoyed it though - the bit with the flooded stairs was cool. But on the whole it opted more for "throw hundreds of normal zombies at 'em" than any interesting locales for fights with specials.

Despite the negativity in my previous post I'm still excited for some multiplayer if people are around :-)

Ill be around most of the day today, just fling me an invite if you want a game!

Apologies to you earlier alistarr as I thought L4D2 would run no problem (as it did before). Since the last time I tried it I put in my 560 Ti and it wouldn't run. Tried reverifying the cache files and they were fine so just deleted and redownloading it tonight. Hope I can get playing it again. You play anything else on coop at all ? Got lots of shit on my PC that I've not played much, bloody Steam sales :lol: (for example I got that Transformers War For Cybertron recently for a fiver)

Attention all zombie killers:L4D2 PC version party tonight at 8.30pm. message me on steam if you want to play. so far it's just me and mr_woo, though I've also messaged a couple of people on steam :-)

Apologies to clippa and alistarr there, no idea what happened. It just said runtime error and had quit out. Restarted steam and now it says all my friends are offline/network problems (though my internet's working fine). Good fun though, hadn't played L4D2 for a while, still as good as ever.

Ha, at least it had the decency to wait until we'd finished before breaking. Yeah lots of fun, we'll have to do it again soon. I hear there is more DLC coming out at some point? So that's something to look forward to. And I also haven't played The Sacrifice yet either.

• 2 weeks later...

My Youtube skillz must be that all important little bit madder than yours:

If anyone wants to play L4D2 at any point then my invitation to hit me up on steam still stands. I still suck, too!

If you couldn't guess from my preference for melee weapons, I play using an xbox pad and I have an xbox headset plugged into that. Don't tell anyone though or I'll get kicked out of the cool kids' club.

I don't think there's on specifically for L4D - there is a general one.

I'll send you a friend request next time you're on - my tag is ALI5T4RR. I'm not always online on steam because I spend most of my videogame time on my xbox, but post up here or something when you fancy a game or if you want to schedule something. I'm free most weekends and weeknights until about 10.

Oh wait sorry just realised you said "good team players" - might want to ignore my post ;-)