Crackdown 2 - July 9th 2010

I only just started playing the original properly the other week. I've finished it twice since then, with just one agility orb to find. It's fucking great - true gaming crack, and I want more.

This announcement almost made me shit :o

As long as the beautiful spirit of the first game is kept, it'll be sublime. My favourite ever 360 title and the announcement of a sequel was one of the few jaw droppers for me at the Microsoft conference - I've always wanted to see it ever since I played the first one but never thought it'd happen as Realtime Worlds have always said no. It's one of those "different" games that encapsulate every boys wet dream of what a game should be - climbing, jumping around, shooting stuff and driving cars. Hopefully, they'll have four player co-op, more online vs stuff and a truly epic single player.

This is excellent news; Crackdown was my favourite game of 2007 (honest!); I even continued playing it whilst the days of the Halo 3 beta were ticking away. It's just such a solid sandbox; one where you can get up to the craziest shit and the engine won't blink...and this allowed for some brilliant approaches to the various missions. Even if this is more of the same I'd be happy.

On one hand I'm all for more Crackdown, but on the other the trailer looked a bit Prototype to me. Monsters, dark, steamy alleys... I hope the pastel shades of the original are going to return.

I like the structure of the first game. "Here's a city. There are bad people in it. You know what you have to do."

It's exactly what an open world game should be. And it helped that leaping around was amongst the most fun things ever.

I'm stoked that they've confirmed the rumours about Crackdown 2, but I really hate this stupid obsession with the undead right now. Just fuck off.

I don't doubt it will be amazing anyway though, just don't see the point of them going down the zombie route. It's became boring about a year ago for me.

Finally I can let out all my excitement

FUCKING CRACKDOWN 2!! I'M MAKING IT YAAARRGGHHH

Ruffian's made up off most of the key staff that made CD1, and then some

stick a banhammer in CD2 :blink: