Microsoft Kinect

Asura

I think that Microsoft should have tried to partner with developers to create 'blessed' 2nd party versions of titles in the popular genres (e.g. Fitness, Dance).

Done correctly, it could have massively helped with their marketing and been mutually beneficial.

...that's exactly what they've done.

You know how long it took to go from the Snes console to an Xbox 360?

Thats how long it will take Kinect to get up to speed buy the looks of it. :facepalm:

Its new technology they are messing about with, and it shows.Its hardly any different to Eyetoy really, is it.

Its going to take an impressive title to get me to buy one.

Well its not negativity, its the hurtful truth.

Kinect probably CAN do some amazing things, but where are they in the games i've seen and played?

Its all been done before.

This week in the news, you will have seen scientists mucking about with Holograms they can beam around the planet.

- Thats more like it. And I hope Nintendo give them a call.

Okay now, no dicking about here.

If I was to buy a Kinect camera, am I limited to Kinect only games? as im sure there was a chatshow video where someone was playing Burnout Paradise(?) using Kinect to drive.

So far... but I suppose some suitable games may be able to be patched to work with it..

JUST STUFF.

Yes. But then HDTV, 5.1 sound, more than 256 colours in screen at once, cassette tapes, 8 track cartridges and the mass market paperback were also all just stuff.

Are you sure you're posting your critique of capitalism, innovation and technological progress in the right forum?

Well ok yes, most of the things there are " Stuff "

but this new set of items are the first to really impose on, or challenge the comfort of playing games or viewing TV. ie: Jumping around the room and sticking on a pair of glasses.

These really are two pieces of technology that the people will decide on.

Well ok yes, most of the things there are " Stuff "

but this new set of items are the first to really impose on, or challenge the comfort of playing games or viewing TV. ie: Jumping around the room and sticking on a pair of glasses.

These really are two pieces of technology that the people will decide on.

Can you really simultaneously argue " it's just eyetoy" (or its just copying the wii) and " this is the first..."?

Re. The 3d telly point.

Millions of people already wear glasses to watch tv. The discontinuity between where you think you're focusing, and where the director thinks you will be focusing, will be a much bigger problem for 3D than wearing glasses will be.

If this wasn't the case, avatar would have been a massive flop.

Just confining ourselves to games;. people bought original Playstation games in "3D". They bought starfox on the SNES. They have fond memories of both, and by today's standards they're ten frames per second slideshows.

And not comfortable to play at all because of it.

3D works best when it is used inventively rather than just being plonked into a movie. Two films this year wouldn't have been as much fun in 2D Legend Of The Guardians which looks absolutely stunning in IMAX. And The Hole which uses 3D as a way to play with us the audiences expectations and use 3D as a way to build some terrific tension.

When it's used well i don't think anything else quite immerses me into a movie. 3D cinema will continue to do well 3D TV on the other hand will absolutely falter. 3D film is a cinema experience, i have no wish to watch 3D at home.

its a load of " stuff " because people have run out of ideas. 3D Films, 3D Games, Waving your hand in front of a camera.

JUST STUFF.

I am selling my Playstation Move if anyone wants it.

Your hatred of innovation and progress whatever your perceived value of their merits, artistic or technical is quite astounding. You genuinely can't see anything of merit at any level in these developments?

'People have run out of ideas'. Nah, they haven't, they really haven't.