Yeah layte, I hope so too. I know TrackIR has been around for a while but with the recent Natal unveiling, similar things in loads of games such as Halo would be awesome. I'd be fine with just head-tracking but no waggle actions.

I'd be fine with just head-tracking but no waggle actions.

After watching that ArmA 2 vid, I have to agree with this. Waggle in Halo would be absolutely terrible (imho) but the head-tracking in that vid didn't look half bad. As long as they include an option to turn it off just in case I don't like how it works it in practice.

If Bungie do support Natal, I am sure it will be well thought out and tested. I like the idea of head-tracking and they can add other things in too, just as long as it does not feel obtrusive to the overall gameplay.

After watching that headtracking vid its sold Natal to me more :wacko: . However I'm not sure the headtracking would be useful and would be interest to see whether it will just work with traditional controller or whether it would work with a pointer device. It may border on gimmicky as it may not suit every type of first person game but I'm willing to give it a go.

Narr.. watch the TrackVR vid which showcases ARMA2 and the guy demoing it only tilts his head a little to move. I personally hope this gets implemented on more games tbh.. FPS and games like Oblivion.

The trouble with the headtracking though is having to look at the telly out of the corner of your eyes because you want to turn left or something in the game

Its not 1:1 head tracking, since that would just be silly. :wub: Slight movements are needed from your head in order to make your on-screen character look all over the place. As nevsan posted, there are a good few videos out there showing how the head-tracking tech works.

I like the idea that this could come to Halo: Reach and it would certainly be a good way to sell Natal if it comes with the latest Halo game on the market. I wonder if Bungie will tweak Halo 1,2 & 3 to work with Natal as well?

I doubt very much it'll need Natal, and, also: why the hell would you want Halo 1-3 Natal'ed up, just so you can bob your head around? The only real use would be to make your head harder to hit by wobbling it around like a mental.

Headtracking, no matter how sensitive, is just a giant yawn.

Give me Saving Private Ryan style army sign language to tell my NPC sniper how many elites are coming down that road and I'm suddenly happy.

I doubt very much it'll need Natal, and, also: why the hell would you want Halo 1-3 Natal'ed up, just so you can bob your head around? The only real use would be to make your head harder to hit by wobbling it around like a mental.

:) just made me think of Will Ferrel's Harry Caray sketch.

Headtracking, no matter how sensitive, is just a giant yawn.

Give me Saving Private Ryan style army sign language to tell my NPC sniper how many elites are coming down that road and I'm suddenly happy.

Is pretty much the opposite of how I feel.

Ditto. I'm enamored by the idea of being able to look around more freely, feeling like I'm there, rather than waving my hands about giving call signs. Eh, both ideas are decent, but the former is definitely an interesting step away from the I-have-a-broken-fucking-neck trappings of FPS games today.

I've been playing Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, and loving how much more natural and immediate it is to look around like that, rather than waggling a thumbstick. Would be nice to have that without having to constantly point a thing at the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure in the novel there were no brutes on Reach \o/

I'm totally gettign the Team Fortress vibe from that promo pic. Pretty sure that you'll be picking various classes for multiplayer eg. Heavy weapons Mjolnir armour, infiltration SPI cloaking armour etc witht the equivelent covenant choices , ELite/Mjolnir, jackal sniper/energy shield etc.

assuming people reckon 'waggle' would be bad because that would be admitting that perhaps the Wii has done something right? Halo with a pointer would be *astounding*.

I'd need to try this head moving thing, since well, when I move my head, it's to look at something at that point - except the camera will bring it to the centre, so I'll effectively be looking slightly to the left and right... also, there'd have to be quite a decent 'dead head zone' or the camera would move around all over the place with each slight move of your head when playing games...

... oh.... and what if I want to lie back a bit and relax while I'm playing?

anyway. Halo Reach... can't wait.

assuming people reckon 'waggle' would be bad because that would be admitting that perhaps the Wii has done something right?

No, it's because waggle would actually be bad.

You already have The Conduit as the Wii's very own Halo-beater, and you still aren't satisfied? Will you not stop until every single game on every single console is wagglefied?!

Hopefully there will be the option to play with and without this head tracking malarkey for evaluations sake, I'm a bit skeptical about it all at the moment, but I'm in the minority that doesn't get on with the Wii Waggle.