New Super Mario Bros. Wii

roskelld

It is full retail and won't have online Id imagine. What I am certain is that it will be really fun. Though I would like to see how the level design is in terms of making the game fun for both multi and single play.

All the information is in the video. I think it's a full release though.

Online would be amazing, and would also make great use of the microphone.

If this is anything like 4-Swords on the Gamecube, then it'll be mental fun.

I'd be amazed if this didn't come with the level editor being used for the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong DSi game. From a level design perspective the two would be identicle so why not?

I think they didnt show it as part of the mario wii game because then the similarity to Little Big Planet would be so utterly immense it would embarass them.

I thought it looked pretty unfinished when I was viewing the feed.

When is it due out?

Just watched the Eurogamer footage. Looks a lot better than my jumpy feed.

However I still feel it's lacking some real special effects, and...well is it that far on from SMW/Yoshi's. Really?

That is a bit of a let down for me.

I guess we've been spoiled by LBP.

This looks exactly like New Super Mario Bros. for the DS, only with 4-player co-op. The graphics are the same, the sprites are the same, the character models are the same, even the level themes are the same. This game looks like nothing more than a cheap mod, to be honest.

LBP looks amazing but plays like shit.

So, is that an excuse for Nintendo to release it looking a bit below par? Of course not.

We'll see, they've got till the Xmas release.

This looks alright. Fun enough for a party game I guess. I'll pick it up seeing as we just got a Wii over here so I can play it with the rest of the family.

belittling it because it's 2D?

Eurogamer hands on is impressive - you do know that 2D mario games are *very good indeed*?

This looks exactly like New Super Mario Bros. for the DS, only with 4-player co-op. The graphics are the same, the sprites are the same, the character models are the same, even the level themes are the same. This game looks like nothing more than a cheap mod, to be honest.

NSMB is a great looking and playing platform game. If they kept it all the same then good on them for not fiddling with what works.

This looks alright. Fun enough for a party game I guess. I'll pick it up seeing as we just got a Wii over here so I can play it with the rest of the family.

It's not a party game. It's a multiplayer platformer so I don't see why you'd describe it the other way

NSMB is a great looking and playing platform game. If they kept it all the same then good on them for not fiddling with what works.

But... the level graphics are the same. The animations are the same, NOTHING has changed at all. No new graphics or level themes, it's a mod, this isn't worth $50, this was a lazy effort. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an example of using something that works and IMPROVING it. There are new levels, new gimmicks, etc. This is the exact same game with worse level design (The levels look barren and without much actual platforming to do) and co-op, with lazy new characters. Boring.

And yes, it looks good. On the DS, I wouldn't pay $50 for a DS game. If this is WiiWare or DSiWare, I guess it'll be worth it, but that doesn't make it any less of a port with added co-op.

Yep

Platforming is LBP's weakest element- other stuff like graphics, tools, content, charms are its good point.

Again you're missing the point.

Look at what Nintendo did, graphically, 15+ years ago - and this new SMB iteration is about on a par with that...nothing more considering how we've moved on.

I guess it's easy to "forgive" Nintendo if you're a fan.

You need to look at the bigger picture.

But... the level graphics are the same. The animations are the same, NOTHING has changed at all. No new graphics or level themes, it's a mod, this isn't worth $50, this was a lazy effort. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an example of using something that works and IMPROVING it. There are new levels, new gimmicks, etc. This is the exact same game with worse level design (The levels look barren and without much actual platforming to do) and co-op, with lazy new characters. Boring.

They showed one level. It's hardly indicative of the full games depth of levels/secrets/things to do.

Again you're missing the point.

Look at what Nintendo did, graphically, 15+ years ago - and this new SMB iteration is about on a par with that...nothing more considering how we've moved on.

I guess it's easy to "forgive" Nintendo if you're a fan.

You need to look at the bigger picture.

There's no point to miss. I think it looks great.

Something doesn't have to be cutting edge or even new to look good. NSMB looked great on the DS and it looks great on the Wii.

The bigger picture is that this is a multiplayer NSMB on the Wii. And that's fine.

Oh please, sure it has the same style and animations but having just seen the trailer they have also improved on this with actual new power-ups, yoshi, multiplayer, bigger and more interesting levels(there is a level in there with some strange cog-wheel mechanic). It looks bloody fantastic.

There's no point to miss. I think it looks great.

Something doesn't have to be cutting edge or even new to look good. NSMB looked great on the DS and it looks great on the Wii.

The bigger picture is that this is a multiplayer NSMB on the Wii. And that's fine.

You're missing the even wider picture.

It could be better.

Plus you are making excuses "It's multiplayer NSMB so that's fine".

Fine?

Well let's hope we encourage everyone to push the boundaries of gaming and themselves.

Or make it "fine".

Fine!