New Super Mario Bros. Wii

roskelld

I'm sure I remember reading an interview with Miyamoto saying that it's primarily built for singleplayer...

Yeah, me too. From everything I've seen so far it looks like it'll be a similar single-player experience to New Super Mario Bros. DS albeit with more interesting level design, and a fun multiplayer mode bolted on. I'm sure it'll be great fun. Perhaps not Galaxy-level fun, but fun all the same.

Yeah, me too. From everything I've seen so far it looks like it'll be a similar single-player experience to New Super Mario Bros. DS albeit with more interesting level design, and a fun multiplayer mode bolted on. I'm sure it'll be great fun. Perhaps not Galaxy-level fun, but fun all the same.

Hoping thats the case, time to dust off the Wii

• 2 weeks later...
can't believe they're simply re-using DS assets.

<_<

I take it you're talking about art style? In which case i would agree, if you're talking about actual assets... :)

It looks utterly charming, but the pause when someone gets hit looks annoying to me.

Aye, 4 player multiplayer could easily be messed up by it. :(

must've saved them a fortune re-using those DS graphics like that. so lazy Nintendo...

tsk tsk

*sigh*

And back when it was announced that NSMB on the DS used standardized 3D models that could be used in multiple games shortening dev times, everybody was waxing lyrical about the approach.

My, how things change...

I take it you're talking about art style? In which case i would agree, if you're talking about actual assets... :)

Aye, 4 player multiplayer could easily be messed up by it. :(

I can't believe people thought I was being serious.

this has WIN WrItteN all over it

*sigh*

And back when it was announced that NSMB on the DS used standardized 3D models that could be used in multiple games shortening dev times, everybody was waxing lyrical about the approach.

My, how things change...

<_<

It seems a bit stupid to make you have to die repeatedly before you can use it, to be honest.

Also makes it sound like another game that Nintendo brought out: Rythem Heaven. That also had you fail a few times before you could use the cup of coffee to skip a level.

I can't believe people thought I was being serious.

this has WIN WrItteN all over it

:)<_<:(:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:(sorry, just like using the facepalm gif.)