New Super Mario Bros. Wii

roskelld

I do hope so, NSMB was devoid of challenge and stopped when they finally started doing interesting stuff to overcome.

I literally have zero recollection of the game. It was over within a day or two.

I pressed some buttons - yay you win.

I don't necessarily want NSMB Wii to be really hard, I just want it to be an experience.

Have to agree with that description, bland. Not that it was a bad game, but if you've played through the better Mario adventures (which includes Yoshi's Island, obviously :rolleyes:), then NSMB (DS) was a mostly unremarkable. Well made, yet not all that memorable, that's NSMB. I'm hoping that NSMB.Wii that will be a more involving and enthralling platformer like Super Mario World, SMB3, Yoshi's Island, were.

The thing that excites me is easily the multiplayer. It's already been said that NSMB is probably the best multiplayer game on the DS. The game itself was sadly pretty bland for a Mario platformer but the multiplayer really had some excellent fun to offer.

The thing that excites me is easily the multiplayer. It's already been said that NSMB is probably the best multiplayer game on the DS. The game itself was sadly pretty bland for a Mario platformer but the multiplayer really had some excellent fun to offer.

Nice, but Mario has never been about the multiplayer for me. If anything, it was annoying. (Especially in SMB3. Frickin' card-stealing 'friends'.) The four-player mode that's been touted in this one looks like it is going to be nothing else that the chaos of Brawl with different controls.

My first pay check for about a year is coming very soon ... I'm eagerly awaiting being able to buy this.

Having just finished Mario Galaxy (I just have some Purple Coin challenges to do in it, now) I am almost fervid in anticipation for more. I've always wondered if Nintendo were going to do another 2D Mario game on the main console, and this looks set to fulfil my dreams at last. I am more than happy for the developers to make it as hard as possible, but I can see why it might be annoying for others. Part of Mario Galaxy's charm was knowing that, despite some fairly challenging parts, it was more a case of exploring each Star's planets and just messing around with the gravity and puzzles without worrying too much about re-trying each level four-hundred times. I doubt I would have enjoyed it more if it'd been more difficult ... I don't know.

Anyway; I'm sure the difficulty corresponds mainly with some aspects of the game which aren't vital (collecting the four big coins on each level, for example) rather than just the process of making your way through each area. Possibly.

Nice, but Mario has never been about the multiplayer for me. If anything, it was annoying. (Especially in SMB3. Frickin' card-stealing 'friends'.) The four-player mode that's been touted in this one looks like it is going to be nothing else that the chaos of Brawl with different controls.

Who said i was talking about you! :P

*grumble* :D

So, Hero. Speaking as someone with the following pre-ordered:

Uncharted 2 (because it looks awesome and the demo is great)

Brutal Legend (because the demo is great, and it looks awesome)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (because the summer one was the most played multiplayer game in my house for months)

Forza Motorsport 3 (because I love driving games, loved the demo and would clearly drown at the content levels)

Wii Fit Plus (just because!)

Lego Rock Band (Final Countdown? Ghostbusters? SOLD!)

Does New Super Mario Bros Wii deserve to be amongst them? Because I thought about it, then decided I'd try and pick it up cheap somewhere instead.. then realised it's by Nintendo, and that may make that impossible!

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (because the summer one was the most played multiplayer game in my house for months)

Forza Motorsport 3 (because I love driving games, loved the demo and would clearly drown at the content levels)

Does New Super Mario Bros Wii deserve to be amongst them? Because I thought about it, then decided I'd try and pick it up cheap somewhere instead.. then realised it's by Nintendo, and that may make that impossible!

I'd put it above every other game on that list (not having played much of Uncharted 2 yet, admittedly). Four player Coin Battle is the most fun/evil thing since Four Swords. Possibly more so.

I think the proper question is do they belong to be with New Super Mario Bros Wii?

EDIT: Joking aside, that is a really interesting list of games coming out that is completely different to the ones I had thought I wanted. (The Final Countdown might actually force me to play my first Guitar game) But jesus this is the first home console 2d Mario since World or World 2 if you count that. Of course it is going to be special.

to me - it's all about the single player. I'll likely have some folks up every now and again, but chances of me having a 4 player fest are very slim.

Hopefully I'd manage to convince the missus to play along - but most of the time it's going to be single player.

To be honest, I suspect the game will have been designed with this in mind anyway.

This is actually looking a lot better than it was a couple of months ago, I can't say I'm super impressed but there's more of a chance of me buying this now than there is before. I'm just hoping that the music has improved since the last time we saw it, as of now the graphics actually look quite nice, perhaps not $50 nice but they look good, I'm hoping that the music is less like NSMB and more original now.

This is actually looking a lot better than it was a couple of months ago, I can't say I'm super impressed but there's more of a chance of me buying this now than there is before. I'm just hoping that the music has improved since the last time we saw it, as of now the graphics actually look quite nice, perhaps not $50 nice but they look good, I'm hoping that the music is less like NSMB and more original now.

what if the gameplay is $50 good tho?

how much good does the music need to be? $30?

what if the gameplay is $50 good tho?

how much good does the music need to be? $30?

The thing is the gameplay looks almost exactly like the DS NSMB does, which I guess isn't a bad thing because that was a pretty fun game and the old Marios were good, but when you can get games that look and sound nicer than this does for $15 on XBLA and PSN it seems kind of like a rip-off to get what looks like a near-remake of a game that just came out for $50.

I see Game have got a limited edition tin version on their site for £49.99. The listing doesn't mention anything extra so I'm not exactly sure what justifies the extra £15 over the standard version, but at least the tin looks nice.

344203ps_500h.jpg

344203ss1_502w.jpg

344203ss2_502w.jpg