Jump to content
IGNORED

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!


Mace Masterson
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've started the dungeons. Cleared the first two easily enough, everyone else seemed to know what they were doing though.

 

When do I have to start worrying about gear? I've pretty much breezed through the first 20 levels of both CNJ and ARC, and the best gear I've seen has been the rewards from the main scenario quests. Will it be like this until I hit 60? Or will there come a point when I have to start thinking about it more than "oh I've not pressed the 'equip recommend gear' button in a while"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, revlob said:

I've started the dungeons. Cleared the first two easily enough, everyone else seemed to know what they were doing though.

 

When do I have to start worrying about gear? I've pretty much breezed through the first 20 levels of both CNJ and ARC, and the best gear I've seen has been the rewards from the main scenario quests. Will it be like this until I hit 60? Or will there come a point when I have to start thinking about it more than "oh I've not pressed the 'equip recommend gear' button in a while"?

You only really need to bother thinking about gear at what was each level cap. So 50 60 70 and 80. Doing the MSQ and dungeons between those will equip you with decent gear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also back into this, on the Lich server.

 

Discovered Ocean fishing a few days ago, love it .

Leveling summoner in potd, my blm is 60 now but need a degree to remember the rotation. Might try a melee dps or try tanking, agree about the tanking nerves a lot of the bosses are simple but then you get the odd one with crazy mechanics that you really need to watch a vid to understand, on the whole people are nice in this game tho.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, wev said:

I quite liked Stormblood, particularly Hien and the Azim Steppe, Y'shtola was great in it too.

 

It does get a bit of a bad rap Stormblood but I still enjoyed it too. I think it just stretches itself a bit thin and the 'FFXIV goes to East Asia' setting is a little dull after a while. Hien is awesome though and the Azim Steppe is still one of my favourite areas in the game with amazing music during the daytime.

 

But still, Shadowbringers is significantly better in every single way. I've always felt very secure in telling people that they'll be blown away by it and I've yet to find someone who's thought otherwise once they finished it. It's not only one of the greatest MMO expansions ever but one of the greatest JRPGs full stop. You're in for an absolute treat. Enjoy!

 

Spoiler

LA-HEE!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only just finished Heavensward!

 

This really is the ultimate sidetrack MMO. I really should just knuckle down and get thru the story on my Black Mage but I end up getting distracted, do a dungeon, think a class looks cool try that out a bit, discover ocean fishing and leapfrog all my characters with my fishing level, discover there's a gathering hub and level gathering and crafting for a bit, Astrologian looks fun, level that for a bit. 

And then there is my ultimate aim, get the Rathalos mount!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

I only just finished Heavensward!

 

This really is the ultimate sidetrack MMO. I really should just knuckle down and get thru the story on my Black Mage but I end up getting distracted, do a dungeon, think a class looks cool try that out a bit, discover ocean fishing and leapfrog all my characters with my fishing level, discover there's a gathering hub and level gathering and crafting for a bit, Astrologian looks fun, level that for a bit. 

And then there is my ultimate aim, get the Rathalos mount!

That was my problem, kept doing all the side stuff. Now I've got loads of quests that I picked up that had +s on them that leads to Trials etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unlocked WHM last night on the free trial. Got my chocobo, but the main quests are sending me back to Vesper Bay every ten minutes, it feels like. I get the impression the Vesper Bay "tickets" I got as a quest reward were added to help relieve some of this backtracking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, revlob said:

Unlocked WHM last night on the free trial. Got my chocobo, but the main quests are sending me back to Vesper Bay every ten minutes, it feels like. I get the impression the Vesper Bay "tickets" I got as a quest reward were added to help relieve some of this backtracking.

Yep that's exactly what they're for.

 

There's two routes you can take to Vesper Bay. You can teleport to Horizon and take a Chocobo the rest of the way (you're own or from the Porter) or go to Limsa Lominsa and take a ferry from the docks closest to the Aetheryre Plaza

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I do Horizon and run, it's annoying but doesn't take that long. Of course if you're Chocobo has the ability to fly then it can now do so in the old ARR locations but not sure that'll reduce travelling time from Horizon to Vesper Bay

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like Kholusia :wub:

 

Apparently based on the Seven Sisters down here in Sussex.

 

I've been having a blast on XIV this last week, a friend of mine is playing for the first time so figured it would be a good opportunity to get back in to it, i'd been on a break since finishing Shadowbringers.

 

I've got a few patches of main story quest to catch up on, and i'm working on ninja which is waaaay more fun than I anticipated. When you're in the zone in FFXIV, it's a real pleasure to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's exactly where I'm at @Takizawa

 

I'm not 100% sold on the kilt and mask, I'd like a hood or cloak really, but can't think of any that equip as just a head piece (as I like the harness I've got on my characters upper body) that are equippable by DRG or All Classes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Argh just seen this is free to play up to level 60. Can I come back with my old character and just play my jobs that aren’t 60 yet? Seems perfect for me - I can just pootle about in the world and not have to be too scared to join randoms on duty finder because I’m a bad player. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.