IGNORED

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

4 hours ago, Number 28 said:

I found a whole thread on Reddit complaining about that particular hike. :lol: You're right, there is some teleport ticket now, but I think they cost seals from a Grand Company (I just joined Twin Adders)? I don't have any yet... Looking around, the ferry method seems the best at this point.

Anyway, I've been playing all afternoon, running back and forth doing main quest stuff around Camp Drybones. I fought Ifrit (I think?) at one point, which was nice. I'm finally getting to grips with how selections work. You lock by hitting A (Xbox pad), not the thumb stick which locks the camera. It's pretty fiddly stuff. I've no idea how you're meant to deal with those Fate things, where about fifty players on various huge creatures swoop in and the screen is just a blur of particle effects. I can't target anything. Oh well, free XP? :blink2:

Yes the Waking Sands hike is ridiculous and you have to do it a stupid number of times in the main questline. But i was under the impression that you got given a bunch of free tickets to get there or at least teleport to the nearest Aetherite in the new patch (aside from the grand company trade-in). I don't suppose they have been dumped into your inventory? Personally I always found it faster to teleport to Horizon rather than the ferry method, because at least on PS4 Limsa Lominsa takes ages to load because there are so many players there. From Horizon you can just take the Chocobo Porter (or ride your own if you've unlocked it). Also whichever Aetherite you decide to use, don't forget to add it as a favourite teleport destination by clicking on the Aetherite and choosing the relevant menu option, which reduces the gil cost (not that you will be in any danger of being poor as I spent the whole MSQ being showered in cash).

I also don't like the controller targetting ( I play on PS4), but yes essentially the easiest is to hit A/X to target the nearest enemy and then use dpad left and right to switch target. For targetting yourself or other party members for healing you can use d-pad up and down. You can also hold L1 and cycle targets on the enemy list on the left but I find that really fiddly. Be aware that there are options in Settings (or Character Settings) to change targetting behaviour, for example I have it set so that i don't cycle through allies or players as I play DPS - doing that should help with your Fates woes. I also recommend checking out Youtube as there are various controller guides about targetting as well. But put it this way, I'm lvl 80 and most of the time I still just hit X and use the d-pad to change target, everything else is too fiddly!

Also about particle effects, yes its a big problem for new players. I used to find boss fights even harder because there were so many effects I had no idea what was going on. But hidden in the Character Settings screen somewhere is an option where you can reduce player visual effects or even turn them off altogether, inluding an option to do the same for your own character. I found this helps a lot and I've had it on since Heavensward. I miss out on the flashy cool effects in battles but I can actually tell what's going on now!

Aha, I do! There's 12 Vesper Bay aetheryte tickets in my inventory, nice! I'm on PC and the loading times seem pretty fast, so the ferry option shouldn't be too bad once I spend all my tickets.

I did notice a *lot* of options re: selections, but I thought I'd best play for a bit first so I can make sense of them. I might have a tinker soon. Same goes for the effects, thanks for the info. :)

Got my Yo-Kai DRG weapon, not fussed on getting all of the others as I don't play any other job, will gradually get the medals to get the remaining 9 minions though (didn't realise the price increases to 3 medals after you've bought the first one).

As for ShadowBringers. The Fae are as annoying as the Sylphs amirite?

1 hour ago, wev said:

Got my Yo-Kai DRG weapon, not fussed on getting all of the others as I don't play any other job, will gradually get the medals to get the remaining 9 minions though (didn't realise the price increases to 3 medals after you've bought the first one).

As for ShadowBringers. The Fae are as annoying as the Sylphs amirite?

Have you seen the couch mount for 17 Yo-Kai weapons?

5 minutes ago, Flams said:

Is there a way to keep hotbars active when swapping between jobs?

I've got a bar with various odds and sods on it that I'd like to keep at all times. 

Yes, but I cannot remember off the top of my head. Helpful I know, but it is possible.

3 hours ago, Flams said:

Is there a way to keep hotbars active when swapping between jobs?

I've got a bar with various odds and sods on it that I'd like to keep at all times. 

Character Configuration > Hotbar Settings > Sharing, then click the hotbar you want to be shared and it will be available for all characters.

On 29/08/2020 at 23:38, Alan Stock said:

Someone in my FC actually grinded out the Yokai mount (which also involves getting every weapon) - he said it took over 800 Fates to get! Now that is madness!

Yeah I got my DRG weapon and a few of the minions so am happy enough.

52 minutes ago, palaver said:

Finally a real weapon!

ffxiv_01092020_180857_103-min.png

Wait, what, how!!??

Also, I've had this arrive today:wub:

IMG_20200901_161428.thumb.jpg.d69d0ec0265374ecd288a16296fd324e.jpg

Me, Boco and Hien overlooking the Azim Steppe

1 hour ago, wev said:

Wait, what, how!!??

If you're a bad enough tank they give you an actual tank to make up for it.

(It's the Dwarf Beast Tribe quest mount)

1 hour ago, wev said:

Me, Boco and Hien overlooking the Azim Steppe

This is adorable!

Got my DRG to level 80 today, but not finished the Shadowbringers MSQs yet, as discussed on the in-game chat I'm gonna plough on and ignore the fact I won't be getting any exp because it doesn't feel right not to be doing the main story line in this game as anything other than what I started it as (well, I started as Lancer but you know what I mean). There's so much content in this that I can do all the sidequests and roulette I want with other jobs (but only when I've finished Shadowbringers and the patch content that's currently available)

And now for my current glamour:

2136948998_b8d5c91d75fe9002a24814ab39fb6600_d7a9d5f85a29d6278ec1c7adc2c8d242fl0_640x873(1).thumb.jpg.65119ed3e91c11185446d87637e3a2e4.jpg