Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

8 hours ago, layten said:

Being over levelled can be useful though! I was doing my weekly Cat Book and was soloing the level 60 8 man raid content. :lol: 

I had no idea that book even existed, even tho I had done the lead up quests.  There is so much in this game it's easy to miss things like that.

I had completely forgotten about the Cat book as well. I only ever remembered to get a reward off it once and since then have half filled it out a number of times only to forget about it. Same goes for the Golden Saucer raffle, I always forget to go back and see if I won anything the next week.

I've been playing a bit this last few weeks, got through the final patch, mopped up the Diamond Weapon questline and have been working my way through bozja. I've been quite enjoying bozja, especially the social element and old skool MMO feel of randoms partying up and staying together for a bit to farm things. I've made a few new friends along the way too. I have also been enjoying the story in bozja, complete with cutscenes and everything, it was a surprise to have that as a bonus. I'm now into Zadnor and lvl 20. I would love to get that mech mount as well! I still haven't got enough memories for my first relic quest though, and I can't bring myself to farm stupid fates in Coeathas or Heavensward. Hopefully I will get lucky and get the rest in Zadnor.

Anyway it's a nice bit of extra content to keep you going between patches and doesn't feel too grindy thanks to the variety of fates and bosses, plus the social aspect. I wish they could revamp Eureaka and House of the Dead to make them a bit more entertaining, to me the grind has never seemed worth it in those places even though I am curious. 

Also I watched the Endwalker trailer and was pretty underwhelmed. The villains are dull as all hell, I'm just putting my trust in senpai writer girl once again to pull it out the bag. On the plus side the trailer for Heavensward and Shadowbringers had no hints of loads of the great characters, zones and storylines that would end up being the selling points of those expansions, so maybe I'm overly cautious. But I definitely didn't feel a surge of excitement or wow factor like I did with the Heavensward or Shadowbringers trailers. Fingers crossed though! Its going to be a long wait!

Balls, forgot to sync my bars and now my bars on PS5 are a hot mess :lol: Time to ask google about what skills to have on the bars and what rotation to use.

I think I missed a level 70 skill fort my Warrior. Little backstory: I updated to the PS5 version and forgot to sync my bars which means my bars are now a hot mess. I'm redoing them looking for any improvements for skill rotation.

There's a Job Quest for the Warrior that becomes available at level 70, the reward for said Job Quest is the skills Inner Release, an upgrade to Berserk. In my Skills list, Inner Release is greyed out, when I place Inner Release on my hot bar it places Berserk instead.

So, it's obvious I somehow missed the Job Quest. No bother, I'll stop by Curious Gorge the Job quest giver. Problem is, I've no clue where Gorge is nowadays. He's not in Eastern La Nose at the waterfall or at the place where he would be during Stormblood.

Anybody seen Gorge lately?

edit: sorted! I went through my Quest Log and turns out I need to Broken Mountain instead of Curious Gorge. Found the prior in Drydocks.

I've been watching all of Asmongold's streams of FFXIV as well as watching various Youtubers and streamers enjoy the game for the first time. It's been a joy! Asmongold in particular has somehow managed to make even the most tedious bits of A Realm Reborn entertaining, and its been great to relive the game without the boredom and desire to grind through quickly to get to the expansions. I'd also forgotten a lot of the plot so its been a nice reminder especially as events and side characters in ARR are still referenced and used even in current patch content. One side character popped up in Coearthas who I realised was the guy in the Ishguardian Restoration quests. You quite often get minor side characters popping up later on and you're like 'where the hell did I meet this guy' because it was years ago!

Its funny to get so much enjoyment watching other people play through the game when I could be playing it, but you can't experience it again for the first time so its cool seeing other people having fun. There's also the knowledge that things only get better after ARR. Some WOW refugees on Youtube are even past Heavensward already and its been great seeing their reactions to some of the best moments in that - and remembering how great the Heavensward story was. 

I popped back on and the queue on Moogle has definitely gotten a bit longer, so I do think we have quite a few new players. As a server that was already full I don't think we'll have that many new sprouts from the WOW refugee wave but other servers must be swarming with them, its been mental. I've nearly finished Bozja and done the first 3 steps of my relic weapon, but now the really grindy part begins which I don't know if I can stomache. Something that's really annoying about these relic weapons is most of them have a cool glow effect even in the early stages, but you only see it when 'unsheathed'. I don't understand why they don't just enable the glow all the time, I worked my ass off for this weapon, let me enjoy it (and no I won't be someone running around with my weapon on hand just to show off). 

Also watching Heavensward I learned of a side quest you can do after Heavensward which starts in Fortemps manor, which apparently revisits the Heavensward side characters to see how they are doing. So that's a nice bit of story content for me to try. Also I want to do part 2 of the Hildebrand quest (after the bridge battle), but I have no idea where to start it and the internet is not helpful in its directions, so if anyone knows where to go to start off the next chain, let me know!

Edit - Also I didn't realise Ishguard restoration is finally complete! Head over there if you haven't in months, its cool to see, and there is a carnival setup there to celebrate. I wonder if they'll add a new construction project with Endwalker, I would imagine so, I wonder what all the crafters have been doing the last few months!

yeah Asmongold's stream has been fun, he seems to be really enjoying it.

I hit 80 yesterday, first time I have hit the level cap and I have been playing on and off since it came out. I am only about a 3rd of the way thru Shadowbringers tho so way overleveled. 

2 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Also I want to do part 2 of the Hildebrand quest (after the bridge battle), but I have no idea where to start it and the internet is not helpful in its directions, so if anyone knows where to go to start off the next chain, let me know!

If you've actually completed the Lv50 Hildibrand chain (final quest 'Her Last Vow'), then new Lv60 quest line starts after Heavensward's MSQ here:

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/quest/5ee7fb29536/

So that Benchtest Endwalker trailer was fun to watch, lots going on, I need to watch Meonis break down of the Live Letter too, but I've seen the RDM gear and well, I wish they'd do something different than the whole Three Musketeers vibe

20210710_073811.thumb.jpg.570b76308ad1b9dec90d9af89fcca8ac.jpg

I mean yeah we can use Glamour's and there's alot of customisability, for example this is my RDM glamour

20210710_140728.thumb.jpg.f10f04faadea2900d7de01082c8cac62.jpg

But other jobs tend to get some very different looking gear quite often.

Finished Heavensward! Soooo much story content after you think you’ve “finished” until Stormblood starts that my main class is already level 75. Gonna quickly level a DPS character to level 60 to use in the MSQ Stormblood quests and then use my main Tank for the duties :)

Still absolutely loving this game.

21 hours ago, wev said:

https://youtu.be/yiUv-RRIotk

Big thing from that, and I may be misunderstanding, is that cross Datacentre travel will be region locked, so no jumping from Chaos to Primal (for example)

Yep but they did say that this is the first step and they are planning to get rid of region lock in future as well.

My main is Bard but I hate most of the bard gear aesthetic, and this is no exception. I agree I wish they would mix up the styles more.

Does anyone have any advice on how to contact SE support for account issues? It looks like they have completely shut down their webchat and phone support (despite the site showing the chat is available between 11:00 and 17:00) and I'm not getting any answer from the email option. 

I picked up a cheap key for the PC complete edition and was really enjoying levelling some new jobs. I tried to sign in on my PS5 to carry on doing this on the sofa, but got the message that my account was locked due to my account being at risk/the way I was logging in had changed. The problem is, after a bit of detective work, I've realised that the email address associated with my SE ID is an ancient one I no longer have access to. This means now that I can't log in to rectify this, despite knowing the password, as I get the same message when trying to log on on their account site. 

Am I boned here? I feel like I might be boned. 

Any particular reason why the server is too rammed for me to get on right now? First time I’ve had this in the month I’ve been playing it. Free trial on Moogle server fwiw. Has it been melted by bunny boys? 😨

Bunny boys aren't available yet. Possibly due to the SE "running out" of keys for their US site and people creating accounts on EU servers as they can't get into US servers 

I'm on Moogle but haven't gone on there for a few days. I wasn't having much trouble joining last week, its always been a near capacity server and even with the influx of new players the queues were only going up from around 30 to 60 people. I am surprised that Moogle even had space to handle new players because there's always been a wee bit of a queue for years. 

Calashnikov, if you need help with anything feel free to message me, I'm Jigsawn on there. Not sure if free trial lets you send friend requests? I tend to be on sporadically in the evening or during the day at weekends.

3 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Any particular reason why the server is too rammed for me to get on right now? First time I’ve had this in the month I’ve been playing it. Free trial on Moogle server fwiw. Has it been melted by bunny boys? 😨

This game has gone crazy on twitch recently, loads of streamers playing it, which means more people trying it and Square running out of digital codes. It’s crazy but good for the game.

I don't think you can send tells whilst on a trial @Alan Stock 

What's your character name @Calashnikov? We can add you as friends and also add you to the (quiet) linkshell so you can ask questions if you see any of us online

I'm Reii Tali in game

Nice one @wev @Alan Stock, that’d be cool. My character is Calbertz Mathan. I’m playing on a Dualsense so my chat is pretty limited when playing. Strictly ‘thumbs up’ and ‘get psyched’ emotes from me to any party members up til now! Might see if I can hook up a doss USB keyboard or something for chat.

I’m coming up on patch 2.55 after 80-odd hours. Almost on Heavensward, which has been the goal from the start.

Me and the missus have recently started playing properly, and after some initial grievances and the slow nature of how it opens up... We bloody love it. Finished 2.0, and we're currently getting some other jobs in place at 50 as well, as it was looking like we'd be way too over levelled for Heavensward walking into it. So may as well use this chance to have a few jobs on the go at the same time. Then if somehow we're under levelled... nothing watching 30 mins of cutscenes in the story roulette won't fix 💪

So, it looks like we're all on the same data centre? We should get a CWLS going!

7 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Nice one @wev @Alan Stock, that’d be cool. My character is Calbertz Mathan. I’m playing on a Dualsense so my chat is pretty limited when playing. Strictly ‘thumbs up’ and ‘get psyched’ emotes from me to any party members up til now! Might see if I can hook up a doss USB keyboard or something for chat.

I’m coming up on patch 2.55 after 80-odd hours. Almost on Heavensward, which has been the goal from the start.

I just bought a 5 quid usb keyboard and plugged it into my PS4, works fine and is pretty much essential for anything social, even if its just to ask questions in duty finder. 2.55 is a doozie, enjoy! Heavensward is awesome, its such a step up in quality.