IGNORED

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

3 hours ago, Curtis said:

For controller settings, can i have it so i don't have to hold the trigger down when in combat (i want to toggle)?

If so, please point me in the right direction.

Character Config > Hotbar settings Button > Cross Tab > 2nd section down, Cross Hotbar Controls

I finally managed to get a character created on a European server (Moogle, and hoping the thread title is still correct). Up to level 22 now and enjoying it much more than I expected having never played an MMO.

Am I going to be ok as a "solo" player, or am I going to hit a point where I have to get a party? I'm used to Destiny where outsides of raids/dungeons you can pretty much enjoy all of the content solo or via matchmaking. Is that the same here or am I going to find I'm missing a lot more content? I've just done my first duty roster so I know there is matching making, but wondering how much of the game that is going to cover.

I finished Stormblood last night. Overall I really enjoyed it. The split locations harmed it a little since the initial plot in Ala Migo wasn't the best but once you start heading east it gets more and more interesting. I still have the rest of the trials to unlock at some point but the story ones I did were a lot of fun. It felt good ultimately saving Fantasy Yorkshire. The assault on Castle Doma was a particular highlight.

I'm caught up on my WHM and Dancer job quests (Both finales were great fun) and I've moved onto the post SB patch quests. I'm really looking forward to Shadowbringers.

Oh and finding all the aether currents in The Lochs was a pain in the bloody arse but now my flying motorbike is free to soar.

All multiplayer dungeons/trials are done via the Duty Funder (matchmaking). This includes all tasks required of you throughout the Main Scenario Quest across the entire game.

Party recruitment via Party Finder is only used for relevant raiding and specific recruiting scenarios (i.e. farming, completing older optional content, synced content, etc).

You’ll be fine for ‘solo’ play.

1 minute ago, Hyper P said:

@pledge

All multiplayer dungeons/trials are done via the Duty Funder (matchmaking). This includes all tasks required of you throughout the Main Scenario Quest across the entire game.

Party recruitment via Party Finder is only used for relevant raiding and specific recruiting scenarios (i.e. farming, completing older optional content, synced content, etc).

You’ll be fine for ‘solo’ play.

Well, this game as got its claws deep into me now. It's really weird, but after finishing the 3.0 MSQ, I'm coming more and more to the realisation that I don't think I've been happy with WoW since WoD. EVERYTHING I'm doing in this game I'm having an absolute blast with. Be it leveling, dungeons, raids, tanking, healing, ranged, triple triad, mahjong, the daily gamble, just chatting in Limsa, PotD, fishing, and of course the real endgame... gpose.

Both me and the missus have sunk hundreds of hours into it, done every side quest line we've seen, had fun opening up the beast tribes. Doing the beast tribes is somehow fun, as I feel they're actually a tribe with their own ways and the beast tribe quests feels like a TNG Star Trek episode. I even went and got married in game, which turned out to be more fleshed out than I would have ever expected it to be.

Guys... I don't think I could return to WoW anymore. Some random pics of me and the missus:

Spoiler

.2021-08-02_16-58-39-027_OMGEorzea.thumb.jpg.b60b773cda1b77af747ae437d0ef242f.jpg2021-08-02_11-26-51-804_OMGEorzea.jpg.7691b68bee7518924333646f9fa31038.jpg1627138535853.thumb.jpg.17efd07d9f1c08f4c46844c96d9626c1.jpg1627900461902.jpg.93111db46c2bcb5aad5f2e395cf5b90b.jpg1626775928330.jpg.7ff791c29522786cff1de2fe397019a7.jpg2021-08-02_17-07-56-609_OMGEorzea.thumb.jpg.5e70b76c760b1cdf9a2b15b32a034e36.jpg

To add, the OP was created when the inital players started (and then left) the game.

I'm not sure how relevant suggesting Moogle (the unofficial French server) is for grouping up with the current rllmuk players. However, given there's server travel within your data centre and that's going to be opened up to cross data centre travel (so Chaos and Light will be reunited again!) it probably matters less then before.

It'd be nice if we could get control of the OP to make it relevant in term of links and advice for new players.

23 minutes ago, Hyper P said:

To add, the OP was created when the inital players started (and then left) the game.

I'm not sure how relevant suggesting Moogle (the unofficial French server) is for grouping up with the current rllmuk players. However, given there's server travel within your data centre and that's going to be opened up to cross data centre travel (so Chaos and Light will be reunited again!) it probably matters less then before.

It'd be nice if we could get control of the OP to make it relevant in term of links and advice for new players.

Yeah someone should edit the thread title as we are all over the place and I already left Moogle early on this year cuz non of you gits were player anymore and the general chat is mostly in French, not that I have anything against the French just nice to be able to understand what people are saying.

We should maybe make a list of where everyone is server wise, would be great if we could somehow all group up.

22 minutes ago, ThePixelbarks said:

Agreed, and I think with Endwalker coming, we might have enough people here to make an 8-man team for some Savage/Ultimate if anyone fancies dipping their toes in?

I'd love to get involved in stuff like this and the raids. I imagine I'd be limited to the older/lower level ones as I'm only in the mid 60s with my highest level jobs but would love to give some of this stuff a try. 

1 hour ago, ThePixelbarks said:

Agreed, and I think with Endwalker coming, we might have enough people here to make an 8-man team for some Savage/Ultimate if anyone fancies dipping their toes in?

I'm not sure the Ultimate fights are something you can really dip your toes in haha. You're talking about a good 30+ hours of prog on one fight and that's with knowing everything in advance. Savages/EX fights are fun though and there are a few options for difficulty at least if you're doing old raids.

1 hour ago, ThePixelbarks said:

I'd be up for a bit of that. The last proper raiding I did was back in the 2.x days. I think T9 gave me PTSD. Then I went back to Coil a few weeks ago to get top tier equipment for my 50 PLD and nothing could do more damage than the auto HP regen could fix. :lol: 

I'm always happy to run content with people. I've gott DRG and RDM at 80, though they need better gear (I can't do the final Nier raid yet) and got my WAR job to 36 last night but have never tanked with real people and am not sure I want to 😂

I keep telling myself I should be more active in the CWLS but never actually do it...

In gonna try and get back to doing treasure maps this weekend, the Discord I run, plus another linkshell, normally have people dropping in and out for a few hours on a Saturday afternoon and alot of fun is had. We've not done it in weeks, mostly as I've been absent due to all that's been going on at home.

I just finished Heavensward and have some thoughts. 

1.) My days, the boss at the end of the last dungeon and then the final trial look good. Especially for a game this old. 

2.) The Ishgard Foundation music is some of the best out there. 

Someone please tell me the post-credits quests are more fun than the ARR ones. I’m excited for Stormblood! 

I've played this solidly since creating my character on Tuesday and now up to lv 40. Really enjoyed the dungeons and the matchmaking has provide some good teams (apart from a couple where someone started instituting me for not knowing how to use my tank stance properly and one where I died near the end and they voted me out - which seemed mean and petty).

I knew the music was excellent since listening to the Shadowbringers soundtrack outside the game, but its remarkable how there's so many tracks and it is all fantastic. In the context of the game it makes everything feel so epic.

2 hours ago, Hexx said:

Is there any beneficial way to dump poetics?

im 80 and capped at 2000 and wondered if I should be using for something 

Depending on what you want or what you might be playing:

Gear for other jobs you might play (Ironworks (lvl50), Shire (lvl60) or Scaeven (lvl70).

Gear to desynth to sell the materials.

Buy the materials you need for the heavensward relic weapons or to start the quest chain for the current one for another job.

Gear to hand in at your GC for seals to use for ventures or dark matter for repairs or lvl 50 relic materials or GC teleports

On 05/08/2021 at 21:33, Pungee said:

I just finished Heavensward and have some thoughts. 

1.) My days, the boss at the end of the last dungeon and then the final trial look good. Especially for a game this old. 

2.) The Ishgard Foundation music is some of the best out there. 

Someone please tell me the post-credits quests are more fun than the ARR ones. I’m excited for Stormblood! 

HW isn’t over until 3.3!