IGNORED

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

Have Rllmuk troops ever joined up for any raids or whatever? I feel like I’ve only really scratched the surface of this game, despite having spent 250+ hours playing it. Never taken part in any instanced duties with anyone other than randoms, barely done any raids outside of the main story quests, never levelled up an alt job, hardly done the side quests. I love the game, I play it often, usually for relaxing, yet I get massive FOMO from it even though I play it like fuck.

I still feel like an utter n00b who just about barely understands some of the main systems, and actually zero about some of the minor ones.

19 hours ago, pledge said:

How did you find the Will of the Moon? I had to repeat it far too many times (and even on very easy). Seemed like a big jump in difficulty with zero checkpoints. There was little indication what you were meant to be doing on the last phase and it changed to a type of character I'd never used. I ended up rage quitting a few times.

I just looked this up to remember which fight this was and I don't remember having any particular issues with this one. Sorry I can't be more helpful! Though looking at this Reddit thread you definitely aren't alone when it comes to this fight...

5 hours ago, droodling said:

I'm onsidering a move back to Moogle for  Endwalker. Assuming there is still a Rllmuk FC? would love to do some raids and stuff with fellow mukkers.

It always failed to materialise in the past. Seemingly most are up for jolly coop, but without a dedicated thread it's impossible to organise anything. With the Online thread gone maybe this is the opportune moment to create a Discussion topic dedicated to FFXIV multiplayer fun.

I have several Savages and Extremes in my Duty List I'd love to complete :) 

39 minutes ago, Pungee said:

I just looked this up to remember which fight this was and I don't remember having any particular issues with this one. Sorry I can't be more helpful! Though looking at this Reddit thread you definitely aren't alone when it comes to this fight...

I think most of those were people saying the combat was just way too hard. My issue was just that you had to stand in a particular place to block damage which wasn't signposted that well (which seems a trait of Stormblood). After watching a video it was fine.

I do raiding and would love to do some with 'mukers!

This guide goes through some of the steps. but it does go QUITE fast, so if it is too overwhelming then try and take the core message of gear level and skill practice, don't worry about the 'getting a static' stuff.

Happy to group up with people and run some extremes!

I'd be up for grouping up for any raids or trials or whatever. I've asked in the linkshell a few times if anyone wants to join for roulettes but it's pretty quiet in there and it's easy to miss messages so somewhere else to organise would be better. I've pretty much done everything other than the 3 Ultimate raids and the Monster Hunter event and i've only got my PLD left to level so could fill in for anything.

On 06/11/2021 at 17:08, Calashnikov said:

How spoilery is the Endwalker feature, in terms of giving away details about some of the earlier FFXIV expansions? I’m just finishing up the Stormblood patches and yet to play Shadowbringers. I’m worried the Endwalker piece in the magazine might give away plot details and the fates (lol) of certain characters etc from earlier expansions. Is that the case?

I really want to read it because I really want to get hyped up, yet I’ve managed to avoid all spoilers about the wonderful FFXIV plot up until now. Should I just save reading the article until after I’ve played through Shadowbringers (likely a mammoth beastly period of time playing)?

I can’t forgive Edge for an absolutely shocking megaton spoiler they casually dropped for The Last of Us Part 2 in their 2020 Awards article :quote:

Cross-posting this question from the Edge issue 365 thread, cause I don’t think anycunt cares in there 🤷🏻‍♂️ Any thoughts?

I’d love to get involved in some organised play. I have NIN and AST at 75 so should be okay for anything pre-Shadowbringers. 

I’d also be up for trying tanking through some dungeons together if people have some other jobs they’d like to try. Maybe a first time healer and a couple of others looking to skip the queues with DPS jobs. All in a safe space where we can forgive each other’s new role/job cock ups. 

21 hours ago, df0 said:

There is, I am in it. Thing is; it’s dead.

Well I think I'll get myself transferred and hopefully Endwalker will breath some life back into it!

Grouping with randoms and all the bitching and whining when things go wrong is a big reason why I always end up quitting the game before I get any of the harder content done. 

I've got a few jobs covered and could tank/heal or dps. (Badly)

Welcome back Drood :) 

I'm a lvl 80 tank (Warrior). Completed all dungeons and most raids but the latter on Normal (barely scratched the surface of Savage and Extreme due to the lack of communication with randoms). Am game for absolutely everything.

There's one big channel I can recommend if you want to do dungeons and especially raids: MTQ Capture. They have short guides for ALL dungeons and raids since 2.0 explaining the mechanics. Not everything mentioned affects your class (like for example a tank buster affects the tank + healer), but it truly helps to teach you what that weird blinking symbol above your head means.

I never leave for a dungeon/raid without it

https://www.youtube.com/c/MTQcapture/videos

I'd be happy to partner up if/when I'm on, I main Dragoon but also have Red Mage at 80, not really played any high end content apart from that period at the end of ARR where you had to to to continue the plot.

Currently also levelling Warrior (in PvP, I don't have wherewithal to play dungeons and trials as a tank) and Samurai.

I will be on around 7pm uk time and I think I have an alt in the FC that can invite, but I don't use it. We also have a cross world linkshell (like a chat channel) that I can invite into I think.

If people want to DO something I would be down also. I can fill any role and know at least some of the fights... but more of the current content. If we can get 8 together that would be amazing. if we need to pull in strangers it is all a bit more restricted.

Happy just to do some xp getting if there are 4 of us.

22 minutes ago, Pungee said:

Can I get a cross world linkshell invite please? I'm Peshwari Naan on Spriggan. 

I have travelled to Spriggan, but the stupid search cannot find you.

I am stood on a lamp near the Gridania Aetheryte (end of the ramp towards the Carpenters guild) or send a tell if you can find me "Fraggle L'rock"

This is the muk guild.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9233364398528005673/

I think you can 'apply' in game, then someone can invite you in when they are online. You must be a character created on Moogle though.

The linkshell I think needs someone standing in front of you to invite. It is open to anyone on Chaos

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/crossworld_linkshell/ac12a1078582fc65a0b181da9f539722844ab13e/

the social aspects of this game are somewhat lacking!

44 minutes ago, fragglerock said:

I have travelled to Spriggan, but the stupid search cannot find you.

I am stood on a lamp near the Gridania Aetheryte (end of the ramp towards the Carpenters guild) or send a tell if you can find me "Fraggle L'rock"

Ah, apologies. I didn’t realise it had to be an online at the same time in person thing. I’ll post here again next time I’m signing on 👍🏽 

Yesterday thought of doing some EX Trials in ShB. Looked at the MTQ guide for... what's her name? The nature lady.

Yeah, not gonna do that with randoms. The video is 10 minutes of "when this happens, do this or you die" and "you need to stand here otherwise it's a wipe" 😫

Yeah, from EX Trials and upwards all the fights are a movement ‘dance’ you have to learn step-by-step until you can do it without thinking (and maintaining your dps). This means many deaths and waiting for others in your group to ‘get it’.

Of the two EX trials ShB started with, Titania is the more restrictive of your movement via mechanics. The other one gives you more freedom and is more dynamic.

If people fancy doing something I have set up a private party finder.

Default is 'shift-U' then click 'private' on the top right. Scroll till you see my party.

Password is 8008

I will keep it up whilst I am doing things that don't need a party for myself. Feel free to join and I can invite you to the lnkshell and maybe we can do a quest!

Maybe at the weekend we could plan to do an ADVENTURE? are there 8 of us playing?  We could do some SB Extremes if people are not at 80 yet.

d6kPdkr.png