IGNORED

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

Doing your daily quests in the Duty Finder will get you various tomestones (all change tomorrow of course)

I can craft you up some non crappy stuff if you are on Moogle/chaos.

I am a bit tight on materials having just dumped a load to clean up my inventory but I am sure I can scrape something together!

Aha, nice! I didn't realise the regular roulettes gave the level 80 tomestones. I've only been doing them to do my last couple of AST levels so haven't gone back to them since I hit 80. I appreciate the offer of crafting stuff, thank you. I'll wait and see what changes with the 6.0 update before taking you up on that. I wonder if there'll be a level 80 set of armour available for Poetics like there was at 60 in Ishgard and 70 in Kugane.

9 minutes ago, Pungee said:

Aha, nice! I didn't realise the regular roulettes gave the level 80 tomestones. I've only been doing them to do my last couple of AST levels so haven't gone back to them since I hit 80. I appreciate the offer of crafting stuff, thank you. I'll wait and see what changes with the 6.0 update before taking you up on that. I wonder if there'll be a level 80 set of armour available for Poetics like there was at 60 in Ishgard and 70 in Kugane.

Yeah you'll be able to buy all the 530ilvl Cryptlurker gear for poetics as soon as 6.0 goes live. You'll also be able to exchange any level 80 tomestones you have for poetics at one of the vendors in Mor Dhona (not 1 for 1 though).

Features of the PlayStation®5 DualSense™ Wireless Controller and PlayStation®4 DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller can now be used on the Windows version (DirectX® 11 only).

To make use of these features in Final Fantasy XIV , the DualSense™ Wireless Controller requires a USB connection, and the DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller requires either a USB connection or a DUALSHOCK®4 USB Wireless Adapter CUH-ZWA1x*.
* The model number for the DUALSHOCK®4 USB Wireless Adapter may vary according to the region where it is sold.
* Please be advised that not all features are available when connecting via a standard Windows Bluetooth connection.
* When establishing a connection, your active Windows sound device may be set to the wireless controller. Please adjust your sound settings as needed.

PlayStation®5 DualSense™ Wireless Controller Features (Requires a USB Connection)

Haptic feedback

Adaptive triggers

Sound effects via built-in speaker

DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller (Requires USB connection or Wireless Adapter)

Rumble

Sound effects via built-in speaker

Nice.

17 minutes ago, bcofn said:

Yeah you'll be able to buy all the 530ilvl Cryptlurker gear for poetics as soon as 6.0 goes live. You'll also be able to exchange any level 80 tomestones you have for poetics at one of the vendors in Mor Dhona (not 1 for 1 though).

Though, usually, isn't the starter expansion gear better than the best gear from the previous expansion?

6 minutes ago, wev said:

Though, usually, isn't the starter expansion gear better than the best gear from the previous expansion?

I found with Shadowbringers it wasn't worth changing out of my gear until about 5-6 levels into the new expansion.

17 hours ago, bcofn said:

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Level_80_Gear_Guide

Has this page been updated too soon? I was trying to buy it with poetics but he wont accept that currency this morning.

It is because of the archaic architecture of the internals of the game mean that they cannot simply add more space for weapons/armour as they add more jobs. so in order to give us some chance of being able to gear each job they have expanded the weapon slots and ring slots, at the expense of the belts.

Pretty crazy that that is the easier way of doing it, over re-structuring the program in some less visible way.

I queued for 50mins on Moogle earlier was at about 1200 when I got an error and booted out. Then got unable to retrieve character data for a while. Once that was sorted the game kept telling me I was number 1 in the queue, thought it was broken and tried a few more times before just leaving it in the queue, turned out I was number 1.

No idea what's happening but not complaining. Currently in a rather quiet Sharlayan, almost spooky after how crammed it was this morning.