IGNORED

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

Mace Masterson

2 hours ago, JPR said:

eue9e1cyfb481.png

There's a Cat Girl2 out there, never trust a Lalafell, always punt them.

I was always sure Papalymo was going to be a villain...

Though we did get Lolorito for a while

13 hours ago, df0 said:

In case you missed it - I for sure did - the Aether Compass is now found in Collections.

It took me hours to realise my mistake with this. Because the compass is just crossed out in the items menu, I just thought I couldn't use it in that area and didn't try using it again till much later. Now I have tons of currents to mop up! Wish they had made it a bit more obvious rather than just having a wee note in the description.

Also did the first trial in the very wee hours last night, what a challenge! Good stuff, some hard mechanics but learnable. There's a punishing section that easily can wipe you all. We were all noobs and it is a very different experience to do an MSQ trial where noone knows what's coming and its approprately balanced. No easy carrries, we all had to figure out the mechanics and wiped 4 or 5 times before nailing it. Tough but fun, and noone gave up in the probably 30-45 mins we were in there, good stuff!

12 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

No easy carrries, we all had to figure out the mechanics and wiped 4 or 5 times before nailing it. Tough but fun, and noone gave up in the probably 30-45 mins we were in there, good stuff!

Had a similar time with a previous trial when it was released, probably one of my most enjoyable experiences FFXIV.

Was great to have everyone working together trying to figure it out, no person that knew exactly how it worked but just called you an idiot for not knowing, or those that quit at the first sign of trouble. Felt a bit like partying in FFXI, people just take a bit more time instead of rushing through.

Oh I can not convey how little I care for the story and characters. Endwalker expects you to care (a lot). It you care, Endwalker will cater to you.

For me, it’s nothing short of an embarrassing cringe fest.

11 hours ago, layten said:

2 hours queues to actually play are very familiar. :lol: 

Yes, that's something I could have done without. Yesterday I had a 2hr queue only to error out just as I was about to enter, then a 3hr queue to get a couple of hours in. As well as the long the queues they do feel slower this time. I imagine many rubber bands on controllers and characters running circles in the inn whilst people eat, can't say I blame them or haven't done the same.

Enjoying it so far, especially the music, I'm sure I heard a bit of Distant Worlds early on or at least something very similar.

Cleared the first solo instance today

Spoiler

I really do hate it when you have to play someone else, but at least this time they give you the chance to learn what the objective is and learn what the characters skills do.

On 08/12/2021 at 10:43, Hyper P said:

Finished MSQ early this morning, an hour before maintenance. What a finale to this story, still processing…

I can finally YouTube music tracks! DON’T DO THIS UNTIL YOU’RE DONE WITH MSQ.

Pretty much everything in the last 2 hours is amazing but this is my favourite.

(Don't look - final section spoilers, even though it's just an image and last boss name)

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Pretty much everything in the last 2 hours is amazing but this is my favourite.

(Don't look - final section spoilers, even though it's just an image and last boss name)

Reveal hidden contents

No. No.

Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

As soon as the lyrics started, this was me.

Not exaggerating. And it somehow got worse when the game forced me to walk slowly while being fed c-tier motivational Hallmark nonsense. It is mindbogglingly awful, it is Tommy Wiseau awful. I unplugged the headphones after a while and still do when I need to return to that area. Complete cringe.

But each to their own, glad you enjoyed it Ben :) 

Got the first EX Trial down last night. Joined a couple of fully blind pugs in party finder and only took about an hour and a half in total so not bad at all, although from what i've heard it's the easier of the two. Fun fight though and good to have one that didn't need pre assigned positions for the raid after the last bunch of Shadowbringers ones.

7 minutes ago, df0 said:

Is EX already available? How do I unlock those?

Spoiler

In Old Sharlayan from the Wandering Minstrel in the habour. There's just the 2 from the levelling trials and the end game one will be added in 6.1. The 2 other 90 dungeons are unlocked in the city too if you've not got those.