Borderlands from Gearbox

ghosted

I started playing this at the weekend, Jesus Christ it's good! I'm playing local co-op with my brother, and I'm level 12! If we go online, can only one of us play? His profile is the only one with the gamertag and gold account subscription, I'm guessing I can't play as well as a guest? :(

DLC achievments - SPOILERS.

House of the Ned 25

Complete the "House of the Ned" mission

Jakobs Fodder 25

Complete the "Jakobs Fodder" mission

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains! 25

Complete the "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!" mission

Night of the Living Ned 1

Killed Ned...sort of

Ned's Undead, Baby 49

Killed Ned. Again.

DLC achievments - SPOILERS.

House of the Ned 25

Complete the "House of the Ned" mission

Jakobs Fodder 25

Complete the "Jakobs Fodder" mission

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains! 25

Complete the "Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!" mission

Night of the Living Ned 1

Killed Ned...sort of

Ned's Undead, Baby 49

Killed Ned. Again.

That's a bit of an odd total for G. Is there more that you didn't include?

I started playing this at the weekend, Jesus Christ it's good! I'm playing local co-op with my brother, and I'm level 12! If we go online, can only one of us play? His profile is the only one with the gamertag and gold account subscription, I'm guessing I can't play as well as a guest? :(

Both of you will need Live to play Online Co-Op.

It's worth it though, especially with a couple more players to join you.

Most definitely, I've done the white screen and watched like 4 hours of Big Bang Theory and it's still there a little when it's black. I'm sure it'll disappear EVENTUALLY. Fucking thing.

Very odd. I wouldn't be too sure about it disappearing, as my IR happened weeks ago and it's still there (although you can only dimly see it close up when the panel's on but tuned to an inactive HDMI input) even though I've only played Borderlands on an LCD ever since it happened. (I'm not letting it anywhere near my 'proper' TV again until I'm sure it's safe.) I wonder why it's so caustic, when it seems no higher contrast than some other UIs?

In other news, the DLC will have to wait until tomorrow. I've got too much work to do tonight to be popping zombie heads ... er ... or making posts to internet forums. Bugger.

It should only do that if you have picked up the repair kit. The actual kit is up the stairs though, it could just be that it is on the level above you.

If you ever want any company give me a shout, I have a few low level charatcers for start out games.

I'm in the safehouse, and there's a claptrap to repair. I've accepted the mission, it's my active mission, yet the indicator on my radar is just pointing at the claptrap itself.

I need to find a repair kit... am I missing something here?

It's as delb2k says, the repair kit is on the floor above the claptrap.

go back up the stairs to where the save point is. Stand with the save point on your left and look up a bit. The repair kit is on top of a pipe/beam.

apparently it goes by whatever level you are when you start it each time. I was 46ish and its been piss easy so far

also lolz

the were-scag's hat

Yeah

until you find out what who it was, then it's a bit sad

Finished the DLC today, sped through it because we were having so much fun, the setting and mood is just perfect and I loved how tongue in cheek it all was.

Had a bit of trouble finding out what to do with the brains and had to go back over all the areas to figure it out.

For anyone else who's stuck on that

try looking in hallows end - at the SW corner you should find a little house set apart from everything else which will help you start the quest

It's takes a long time to get that quest finished so earlier you can start the better.

For anyone else who's stuck on that

try looking in hallows end - at the SW corner you should find a little house set apart from everything else which will help you start the quest

That made me smile massively. This DLC is just one giant love in of the original game and the way it ties it all together warms my bitter heart.

It's a shame Christmas is coming so soon, would have love to have seen some Christmas themed DLC. I want more midget variants to shoot!

apparently it goes by whatever level you are when you start it each time. I was 46ish and its been piss easy so far

also lolz

the were-scag's hat

Aye. I started the DLC at lvl 50 and it's very easy. I'm only picking up about 1xp per zombie I kill too.

I was hoping that it'd gauge itself a little better. So far it's been a cakewalk, but fun.

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains.

I mean, come on guys. A joke's a joke, and I can take a joke, but this...

<_<

Yes, this got a bit too much and I had to do a bit of grinding for the last 100 or so. The only blot on what is otherwise a great bit of DLC.

Significantly different to the rest of the game (area wise) with plenty of laughs as it went along, it's a shame they didn't actually get it out for Halloween.

Just got the braaaaiiiiinnnsss achievement. I found the easiest way was to head to Dead Haven and whip out my 1shotkills sniper. Didn't take too long really. Got a bit boring though. Overall I wasn't too impressed with the DLC. Looking forward to heading back to the Badlands

I need some advice if you please! I got borderlands a couple of days ago and loved it so mich almost instantly that I persuaded my brother to go get it as well. Whilst I was waiting for him to buy it, I started a soldier that I planned to use for single player, with the intention of going berserker when we grouped.

However! I'm finding the solider to be incredibly squishy to the point where I've had to spend skill points in making my turret heal and restock ammo as i found I was constantly running out of both life and bullets.

Once my bro got the game we hooked up and started a fresh game with him as a sniper and me as a berserker. The berserker is amazing and the berserk ability, which basically acts as a full heal over time, really helps loads. But whilst playing last night, specifically in Sledges Lair and to a lesser extent the Headstone Mines, it came to the point where we were getting battered silly by Badass level enemies and had to resort to just throwing ourselves at them again and again, timing our respawns so that they wouldn't regen health or shields. Needless to say it was extremely frustrating (though fun, too), and I suddenly thought how much easier it probably would have been if I'd chosen the soldier as my group guy and gone down the support/medic route.

What do you guys think? Does the support/medic build soldier come in as handy as I think he would in a group, or am I better sticking to the 'zerker?