Borderlands from Gearbox

ghosted

As a soldier i've basically buffed my turret up to just demolish enemies as fast as possible.

I've found that the healing radius thing can be a real boon if you are being hammered, pop the turret next to cover and drop behind until your health is back. If you lower its regen times it helps too.

As for weapons i've found the assault rifles with burst fire (stompers i believe) are brill. If you get one with good accuracy you can hammer away the enemy with midrange headshots. They usually reload fast so the low clip size isn't too bad and damage 'twitch' isn't as horrific as when you're staring down a sniper scope.

I have: Sniper rifle with high accuracy and high damage.

Stomper AR with corrosive damage

SMG with ridiculous fire damage

Shottie with explosive damage.

I'd personally drop the ammo resupply on the turret later when you get classmods which give team ammo regen.

Get yourself a good healing shield too.

Dunno if the mission was too hard for us - it was to go get the key for the mines and we were both about level 13-14 at this point. Obviously when there are two of you, the game puts harder enemies in to make it a challenge but it was getting a little silly at points, where we'd respawn, kill one guy, get killed oursves, respawn, kill another, die etc. We still enjoyed it as it was incredibly hard.

I didn't think it was possible to :wub: claptrap any more than I did. But he is even funnier and cuter in the DLC. Really loving the humour all round. Also enjoying the story a bit more on zombie island!

A Christmas claptrap would make me so very happy.

100%ed Zombie Island and hit 1125 points on this yesterday. Absorbing to the point of obsession, funny, and a complete hoot with friends means this game is definitely my surprise gem of the year. As mentioned above, Claptrap is beyond awesome. Look at me, I'm dancing. I'm dancing!

Only the level 50 achievement to go now and that'll be me complete. Seems to be taking forever though, even on my second playthrough but still enjoying every minute of it :)

The Zombie Island DLC was especially brilliant as well and had a blast with that too.

I didn't think it was possible to :wub: claptrap any more than I did. But he is even funnier and cuter in the DLC. Really loving the humour all round. Also enjoying the story a bit more on zombie island!

A Christmas claptrap would make me so very happy.

I'd venture the suggestion that Gearbox should get someone to make a Claptrap plush if I didn't think the idea would make Randy Pitchford start ranting about Valve's plush Companion Cubes/headcrab bags.

Single-player FPS of the year for me, this. I really need to try some more co-op when I get my retail copy (reviewed it from debug code, y'see) if anyone's still playing it around Christmas time.

Only the level 50 achievement to go now and that'll be me complete. Seems to be taking forever though, even on my second playthrough but still enjoying every minute of it :)

The Zombie Island DLC was especially brilliant as well and had a blast with that too.

It's one of those rare games that are really good fun to collect achievements on. First game I've got every achievement for in a long, long time.

Had a blast on this last night. My brother and I had just hit that bit between Fyrestone and New Haven (Dahl something), and we were doing missions that required us to travel all over the map. To make it that much quicker, we decided to split up to cover twice as much ground. This went okay at first - I was running over bug things on some race track, my brother was finding gun bits, then we decided to destroy some fuel tankers. I'm driving north to go to my one whilst my brother heads to the centre of the map to do his. Suddenly his health drops and he screams down the mic 'oh shit!', so I turn the car around and go bombing across the dunes, using the boost, to try and get to him whilst I watch his health tick down rapidly...

Turns out he'd gone and angered a camp of Badass Bruiser bandits who had ripped his car to shreds in about 3 seconds flat and then started on him and he'd only just made it to cover before they got him. At the same time, a bandit car had turned up and was peppering him in the back and trying to run him over, so he was caught between getting shot and getting squished.

I activated my boost again and crested a hill, taking off. I flew through the air and the car landed - no word of a lie - on the camp of bandits, squishing a load of them (a little Midget Shotgunner, who had ran off cackling, and two of the badass ones had broken away to chase my brother). The car hit a rock, flipped and landed again before I shot forward and rammed into the bandit car, sending them flying. My brother jumps in the turret and we blast them to kingdom come, just as the badass ones catch up and demolish what was left of my car as well (their assault rifles are godly!). We drop to the floor and my brother starts sniping them whilst I drop my turret and start shooting him to heal him. After about 2-3 minutes of frantic firefight, we down them, heal up, destroy the fuel line and begin the long walk back to civilisation.

Epic, epic game ^_^

I just loaded up my 24 soldier and had a quick run round New Haven to check for goodies and was presented with an orange rocket launcher, and orange sniper rifle (volcano something) and a 100001 rifle, the description of which was all in binary. It has unlimited ammo, does 549 damage a shot and shoots out slow moving purple spheres which explode on contact. How odd! Still not got a decent assault rifle, though :(

I haven't touched this in a couple of weeks. I'm still pissed the fucking thing has burned my fucking TV. So narked off about it. I just haven't found the time, tbh. I do want to go back to it, I just have the awful feeling it's slipped beyond my scope of "caring enough to play it".

Yep, read a bit earlier in the thread, Gorf King had the same problem. For some reason, the HUD leaves marks on Plasma's even after the usual dispersement techniques are used. It's only visible when there's no signal so the screen is lit and black, but the fact it's there has fucked me off no end. I've watched DVD's, done the white screen to push the gas around, all sorts and the fucker is still there. A bit less than it was but....gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

I just loaded up my 24 soldier and had a quick run round New Haven to check for goodies and was presented with an orange rocket launcher, and orange sniper rifle (volcano something) and a 100001 rifle, the description of which was all in binary. It has unlimited ammo, does 549 damage a shot and shoots out slow moving purple spheres which explode on contact. How odd! Still not got a decent assault rifle, though :(

There's a red weapons crate on a rooftop in Old Haven that can be spotted from an earlier rooftop. There's no obvious way to get to it, but after lots of jumping from building to building and jumping on flagpoles, you can get to it. That crate always holds something special.

I gave the orange sniper rifle (Volcano something) to my brother's Hunter. Then I duelled him as he wanted to try it out. He one shot me. FUN TIMES!

Cheers for the tip; I'll try to find it. I've found two weapon crates so far (the red ones, anyway) - one on top of the building next to Scooter's and one on a little roof that you have to jump onto a dumpster to get to. There is also a white weapon box (which only ever seem to contain useless tat in my experience) up a stairway and across a couple of rooftops.

So, I finished the DLC last night, well everything apart from Braaaaains (why?).

It was excellent. Even though it was a bit easy due to me being a little overpowered the hordes at some points were still big and hard enough to bring a challenge which was ace. (I got a fantastic orange machine gun that isn't for me, any takers?).

For me this is my GOTY without a doubt. Everything from the loot to the characters, compelling and addictive mission lengths and more importantly the co-op and the shooting. It's all been bloody brilliant.

This is the first game that I've got over 1000g on, ever (that frakking race thing I still can't do and two other secrets missing). I think that's testament to how much I loved this. It's bloody great and if you haven't played it, you can pick it up for a whopping £15 in supermarkets now.

Bring on more DLC.

Aye, it's the only thing that's ever done that to mine, too (still there after over a month, but incredibly faint and slowly disappearing, moosey; so there's hope for you yet).

I just play this on the LCD now.

Out of interest what settings do you have your plasma set to - as I believe, like me, you have a Panny G10?

I've been playing it pretty heavily over the last week and haven't noticed any IR - but now this has made me a bit paranoid and I'll have to have another closer look tonight.

Incidentally, I've been running mine in Cinema with the brightness and contrast below half and power saving turned on at present.

I gave the orange sniper rifle (Volcano something) to my brother's Hunter. Then I duelled him as he wanted to try it out. He one shot me. FUN TIMES!

Cheers for the tip; I'll try to find it. I've found two weapon crates so far (the red ones, anyway) - one on top of the building next to Scooter's and one on a little roof that you have to jump onto a dumpster to get to. There is also a white weapon box (which only ever seem to contain useless tat in my experience) up a stairway and across a couple of rooftops.

You'll find it on top of a square shaped building near the top middle.