Borderlands from Gearbox

ghosted

Finished! Beat it at level 36. Only achievements left are for level 40 and 50, the speedway one, the 42 inv slots one and 15 kills with the hunter pet. Onto zombie island next, then playthrough 2!

Playthrough 2 is even better, better loot, harder baddies.

I'd do Zombie Island before playthrough 2 though. I did it at lvl 50 and it was a bit too easy.

Hmm. Well, anything's welcome, but this sounds a bit too much like the last Mass Effect DLC to me. I doubt it'll be quite as much a empty chore as that, but I'd prefer it if Gearbox spent the time (and we spent our funny money) on something that enhances the core game.

Ugh, rightly annoyed at this game. For the second time it has literally just frozen after a quest letting me do nothing. This time it's on the Circle of Death : Round 2 in the Arid Badlands.

I've survived the round, killed all the scags, but the battle music is still going and the exit hasn't opened to let me out and hand in the quest. What a bother.

There'll be a skag left. Probably behind some fencing. They do tend to get stuck behind the scenery. I've had this happen to me in every round!

New DLC Trophies/Achievements leaked.

Small Tournament - Completed the lesser challenge in all 3 coliseums

Hell-Burbia - Completed the larger challenge in the Hell-Burbia coliseum

The Angelic Ruins - Completed the larger challenge in The Angelic Ruins coliseum

The Gully - Completed the larger challenge in The Gully coliseum

Big Tournament - Completed each of the larger challenges in all 3 coliseums

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news-373-DLC-Ad...orderlands.html

This has really just passed me by, so I don't know much about it.

How does the multiplayer work? Is it like most games, or is it like Test Drive Unlimited where you just walk/drive around and run into other players?

If you like games such as Diablo and Dungeon Siege which have an emphasis on loot, then you won't be disappointed. I think its one of the only games that I have played that have made a sucessful transition from top-down / isometric to fully 3D, and its doubly impressive considering its an FPS. The co-op is good, apart from the game having no loot sharing feature, so when something dies its every man for himself. You get the usual skill-trees which you can boost the more you level up. The game is varied and long, and consdering I have completed it and am now on my second play-through and still find it enjoyable, I can thoroughly recommend it.

New DLC announced - Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot

QtJ1J.jpg

rF1J8.jpg

Cc9rD.jpg

2K Games announced today that the second piece of downloadable content for Borderlands™, Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot, will be available on December 29, 2009 from the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 800 Microsoft Points and on January 7, 2010 from the PlayStation®Network for $9.99. The downloadable content will also be available on Windows PC. This explosive piece of action-driven content is in development at Gearbox Software and provides players with more methods of destruction as they tear through the denizens of Pandora.

Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot is an intense single-player or cooperative experience that expands the mayhem by adding three new Riot Mode arenas where players will endure an onslaught of Pandora’s baddest enemies. Working together, players will fend off the masses as they fight for fame, honor, and more importantly, loot. Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot also adds a new bank feature, which allows players extra storage capacity for when they encounter one of the more than 16 million weapons that Borderlands has to offer; and the ability to acquire two additional skill points as quest rewards, making their characters even more powerful than before.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/21668/Second...-DLC-Announced/

Oh, the barsts: the playable content there looks like it could easily fall a bit flat, but bundling it with a storage feature and chucking in a couple more skill points makes it a must-buy. The cynical swine.

I hope they don't keep chucking in extra skill points, however; not without adding extra items to the skill tree. I wouldn't like it to end up like Fallout 3 where there are no meaningful long-term character development decisions to be made, and everyone in the same class ends up more or less the same.

Fucking rip off cunts. Bank storage should have been in the game from the fucking off.

Very true: it is a quite cynical way to drip-feed features through the online aspect and keep you a paying subscriber, I think.

This game gets more like PSO every day, and I look forward to the appearance of a C-Mode equivalent at some point. :wub:

360 patch released today.

* Characters that have lost skill points will have them returned the next time they are loaded

* Most instances involving character data loss when playing online should no longer occur

* Item cards now display the intended five lines of text

* Achievements should now unlock properly. Players should automatically receive achievements that did not unlock correctly

* Fixed a progression issue in the Find Steele mission – characters affected by this issue should now be able to continue progressing

* Some issues involving external data manipulation of the backpack and character level have been addressed

* The auto-aim option should now fully disable auto-aim properly

* Fixed a bug that kept challenges and achievements from unlocking for the rest of a session after visiting arenas

* Fixed some formatting issues with the server list screen.

* Fixed an issue causing servers to report the incorrect plot mission.

* Proficiency progress to the next level should no longer be lost when leaving a multiplayer game as a client Lilith’s “Silent Resolve” skill now works as intended

* Fixed a bug that allowed Mordecai to spawn multiple Bloodwings

* Mordecai’s “Loaded” skill now increases mag capacity by 20%

* Roland’s “Scattershot” skill has had its spread adjustment corrected, and damage now increases at +5 per level

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthrea...811#post1821811

:)

This game gets more like PSO every day, and I look forward to the appearance of a C-Mode equivalent at some point. :wub:

It looks as though this might be more imminent than I'd thought.

The Moxxi DLC seems to be a bit more challenging than it at first appears. When I first read about it I half imagined it might have a similar sort of purpose to C-Mode but would be far easier and more causal, taking little or no planing or commitment at all (like most of the rest of the game, good though it is). It seems I was wrong.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/12/10/...athon-sessions/

There's a small tournament and a big tournament. The small tournament takes probably about an hour, and most people will be able to get through that. The big tournament...one of the things people have been asking for is for something that challenges them, and that's what the big tournament is. I think the last time I went through it, it took me six hours to get through a big tournament. You can't save your progress, you have to do it in one sitting, but you can stop, walk away from it and come back [Ed note: You just can't turn the system off]. It's really hardcore. To get through the big tournament, you'll have to get some friends who are very good and you'll all have to plan out what people are going to do and what weapons you're bringing

That still doesn't make it C-Mode, of course, and the six hour duration, if it's not a gross exaggeration, is also against the spirit of my beloved PSO's challenge mode. But, unless the devs are exaggerating the effort needed, there seems to be an attempt to cater for a hardcore online audience and a real requirement for organised multiplayer that the rest of the game - fun though it is - conspicuously lacks.

6 hours, though: perhaps that's a little too hardcore.

Better get agreeing class mixes, mods and weapons for the challenge ahead, just in case. Gentlemen, start your team planning.

How does co-op work? Surely the difficulty gets completely dicked over if there's any variation in the players' levels, or, if the difficulty scales so that the party as a whole can cope with it, then the lower-level players just run about being nigh-on ineffectual and drawing fire 1/4 of the time while the higher level player is the only one doing anything useful. And what are the chances that you'll have 3 friends who happen to be on the same level as you, and will continue to be for repeated play sessions?