Borderlands from Gearbox

ghosted

Got this in the Steam sale. Runs like a dream on full settings on my GTX 295. took a while to get it running, had to install fresh drivers as the whole thing was a aneurism-inducing flashing nightmare. It's ticking all the boxes so far.

Got this in the Steam sale. Runs like a dream on full settings on my GTX 295. took a while to get it running, had to install fresh drivers as the whole thing was a aneurism-inducing flashing nightmare. It's ticking all the boxes so far.

I almost, kinda wish I'd steamed it now. I was so torn! Still 360 is fun and more couch friendly :twisted:

After a marmite start, my Berserker finally clicked when I started to take a "shotgun within 4 feet" approach to everything :twisted:

The berserk ability has a slow startup which is a bit of a pain-in-the-ass, but as long as I have a +melee weapon in my hands, I don't seem to need it all that often.

My only remaining gripes would be that some quests are a bit obscure (either to find initially or to find the objective of), respawns can be a bit quick in some areas/just make the game longer for no good reason and the save system is a bit shit (actually it's enormously shit).

I'm guessing most folks here are 360 based? Anyone on PC - around Level 16ish - gimme a shout (Steam Id: johnpeat).

After a marmite start, my Berserker finally clicked when I started to take a "shotgun within 4 feet" approach to everything :twisted:

The berserk ability has a slow startup which is a bit of a pain-in-the-ass, but as long as I have a +melee weapon in my hands, I don't seem to need it all that often.

My only remaining gripes would be that some quests are a bit obscure (either to find initially or to find the objective of), respawns can be a bit quick in some areas/just make the game longer for no good reason and the save system is a bit shit (actually it's enormously shit).

I'm guessing most folks here are 360 based? Anyone on PC - around Level 16ish - gimme a shout (Steam Id: johnpeat).

I'm only a couple of levels in, using a pistol at the mo. I'm planning on getting nice and up close with a shotty later though.

I got both the DLCs too, due to my love for the game. Now...where's the storage box? Not that I overly need it, would be nice though.

Anyone up for some co-op tonight? I'm a lvl 18 Hunter (going Gunslinger) right now, not that far into the game yet.

Gah! I'm level 16 right now, yet I'm off to see the woman. BOO! How can I pretend I'm too ill...

I'm about tomorrow, for shure, if anyone else is? I was going to watch the footie.

Gah! I'm level 16 right now, yet I'm off to see the woman. BOO! How can I pretend I'm too ill...

I'm about tomorrow, for shure, if anyone else is? I was going to watch the footie.

I can probably manage from around 20:30 UK time, possibly a bit earlier :angry: It'd be nice to play with fairly equal levelled characters together. Are you on the rmukborderlands tag?

I'll probably be online later tonight and just pop some invites to players on the tag who are online.

I'm only a couple of levels in, using a pistol at the mo. I'm planning on getting nice and up close with a shotty later though.

I'll assume that's the nice "sets things on fire" pistol which adds decent melee damage.

The thing is tho, fighting from any distance as a Berserker is just a way of spending a fortune on ammo - there's a purple shotgun early-ish on which will carry you well into the teens but it needs CLOSE use (point-blank it kills anything similar-level in a single shot).

Remember, if it took more than 1 bullet, it's probably not a Jacobs :angry:

p.s. to further illustrate this, to clear 2 camps in the Arid Hills took me 2 trips to the bullet dispenser with a decent SMG (10-15mins) OR 2 runs with my Berserk enabled (2-3 mins) as I shotgunned the remaining participants :(

p.s. to further illustrate this, to clear 2 camps in the Arid Hills took me 2 trips to the bullet dispenser with a decent SMG (10-15mins) OR 2 runs with my Berserk enabled (2-3 mins) as I shotgunned the remaining participants :ph34r:

Hang on... are you just a really really bad shot?

Level 19 Hunter now, found an awesome revolver during play :D All the skills I've taught my Gunslinger-to-be come in handy here.

I'm still in for a game of co-op. You've got the 360 version?

Anyone else? I've love to finally play this with 3 or 4 players :)

I can join you later Yuujiin 08 ,level 37 siren.Plus would boost your xp up as well. :ph34r:

Going by your sig I take you're playing the PS3 version? I've got the 360 one, so I'm afraid that won't work :(

Level 19 Hunter now, found an awesome revolver during play :) All the skills I've taught my Gunslinger-to-be come in handy here.

I'm still in for a game of co-op. You've got the 360 version?

I can only play this morning/afternoon I'm afraid - the football is cancelled so the girlfriend is around, so I don't get proper gaming time :ph34r: .

360 though add me:

Penguin Lad

I can only play this morning/afternoon I'm afraid - the football is cancelled so the girlfriend is around, so I don't get proper gaming time :ph34r: .

360 though add me:

Penguin Lad

Afternoon will be fine too, I'll be around from after lunch untill 16:00ish :) Added.

Hang on... are you just a really really bad shot?

Even upclose the SMGs/Combat Rifles I've found do tiny damage to things - we're talking 1-2 magazines worth to drop 1 enemy's shield/life - wheras a shotgun takes 1-2 shots tops (bullets hitting for 9-15 each or shotgun shells for 120+).

Then there's the fact that upclose you can melee when reloading and/or Berserk ofc - as the Berserker is intended to do I guess (not sit behind cover picking stuff off).

Sorry, I just received my Bayonetta copy early. Will check that out first, I'm afraid, but perhaps we can do a game later on.

No worries. I just hit level 19, and now need to pop to the gym!

Are any 360ers going to be on in about 30 minutes? I'll be set for a bit of Borderlands then, as long as the girlfriend doesnt turn up early!

If so add me Penguin Lad

Level 19 Soldier Boiiii!

Lies! I've got until about 8 or 8:30, probably the latter. So if anyone fancies a quick hour and a bit add me/send me a message now and we'll do this! :D

Just had a quick game with Qazimod, great stuff driving about running stuff over. He also abused Skagzilla with maximum pain, thanks man :D

(Ironically that was not the girlfriend at the door, grrr - she'll be here soon enough though).

We really need to get some 4-player stuff going. Worth taking on online?

Currently got a level 21 soldier; HOWEVER, does anyone also fancy starting out with new characters/classes, that perhaps we only play at the same time? Let me know :)

We really need to get some 4-player stuff going. Worth taking on online?

Currently got a level 21 soldier; HOWEVER, does anyone also fancy starting out with new characters/classes, that perhaps we only play at the same time? Let me know :D

Count me in, and maybe Funtime Dave too. We were both looking to try a 4-player run through a few months ago but MW2 came out and everyone was focused on that.

Yeah, props to Disciple for a great game; it was my first time playing co-op, and the game really comes alive when you have extra players who are helpful and useful. Boss fights suddenly become fun instead of being a grind (not least because you can distract the boss), and having two people in a car also leads to some great mobile shootouts with other vehicles. :D

Just completed the first of the large tournaments tonight in 'The Gully'. Damn, it took a while. I imagine it's a bit quicker when not playing solo. Hellburbia and Angelic Ruins here I come!