Borderlands from Gearbox

ghosted

(From online folder)

After we finished our game last night I went onto my game (Where I swear I had/have better weapons) and then found a chest...and got stuck in scenery. So had to quite/save/reload.

The chest was there to be opened again though, good stuff! And what did I find...my first gold weapon!

rebel57gold.jpg

Not bad...lots ammo.

Then I get back to new haven and in the machine...

tormet93blue.jpg

I want you to appreciate something about that for a moment. You may cite the accuracy, which ain't bad...now look at the fire rate. It's higher than SMGs!

With my Soldier increased ammo clip size, this holds 28 bullets and auto fires through them at ridiculous speed. With 93 damage per hit. And a 4.1 weapon zoom. Ridiculous!

That blue pistol is insane - 13shots/sec...

I'm assuming all the bonuses listed are actually applied to the stats - e.g. it's not 35% faster than stated, the 13/sec includes that!?

So - DLC then. Moxxi is for max level chars but Zed is for any level yes???

Watched the trailer for Zed this morning - it appears to have a level of charm and humour which is, tbh, missing from the game itself? ^_^

tormet93blue.jpg

I want you to appreciate something about that for a moment. You may cite the accuracy, which ain't bad...now look at the fire rate. It's higher than SMGs!

With my Soldier increased ammo clip size, this holds 28 bullets and auto fires through them at ridiculous speed. With 93 damage per hit. And a 4.1 weapon zoom. Ridiculous!

torment.jpg

:unsure:

Apols for the crappy iPhone snap. There are much better machine pistols out there, but I've never found a better one since I picked this one up ages ago. Still, with a Hunter and a good Gunslinger mod, it's a killer as long as you have a steady hand.

That blue pistol is insane - 13shots/sec...

I'm assuming all the bonuses listed are actually applied to the stats - e.g. it's not 35% faster than stated, the 13/sec includes that!?

Aye, I think so.

torment.jpg

w0jrti.jpg

:)

But for pure awesomeness...

23s7v4l.jpg

Being stabilised makes so much of a difference. Especially with that accuracy and that zoom

This helps too...

2db0479.jpg

torment.jpg

Apols for the crappy iPhone snap. There are much better machine pistols out there, but I've never found a better one since I picked this one up ages ago. Still, with a Hunter and a good Gunslinger mod, it's a killer as long as you have a steady hand.

Aye, I think so.

Mighty fine though that pistol is, it's a Level 41 compared to Disciple's one at Level 19. I haven't found any weapons with those sort of stats at that low a level.

Disciple - I demand to know where the chest you found that pistol in is.

I never use the pistol or revolver but having seen a vid of someone taking down the final boss with a revolver doing 1800 damage per bullet I might have to give some a go.

Mighty fine though that pistol is, it's a Level 41 compared to Disciple's one at Level 19. I haven't found any weapons with those sort of stats at that low a level.

Disciple - I demand to know where the chest you found that pistol in is.

I never use the pistol or revolver but having seen a vid of someone taking down the final boss with a revolver doing 1800 damage per bullet I might have to give some a go.

Indeed! Wave your level 400-odd weapons at me all you want, show me a comparable level 20 revolver! That stabilised one is awesome though. Accuracy rules...*

The Gold weapon I found when I was searching for poison crystally stuff. Can't recall the exact name now, I'll look it up tomorrow. I know the chest though, I'll find a FAQ/map or just go there myself and screenshot the location :unsure:

(should it make any difference mind, I guess it depends how they decided to spawn drops)

The blue one with 93 damage - as I said I bought it from the vending machine in New Haven! Just pure luck.

*Having said that I find a combination of decent stopping power (damage) with accuracy and a good clip size always ends up being my weapon of choice.

My main in that game is a "white/common" machine gun - and the gun itself is actually all white colouration. It does 79 damage; which is more than the machine guns we've picked up in our co-op game the past couple of nights. Plus the clip size is about 50-60 and I stack my Soldier clip size increase skills on top of that so it's about 80 or so at the moment.

Sadly I could happily sit down and play the game again right now, and keep co-oping. Or even solo. I'm entirely hooked.

But for pure awesomeness...

23s7v4l.jpg

Being stabilised makes so much of a difference. Especially with that accuracy and that zoom

Aye, the recoil reduction is essential. Nice gun, but I'm sure someone here can do better...

I still harbour faint hopes of picking up a more powerful stabilised torment somewhere down the line. The thing about this game is that many people never get a better version of a particular weapon than they picked up at level 20 or something. I've farmed places like Old Haven at lvl 50 a few times, but never seem to get anything as good as random finds on my first playthough and very early in the second.

True, but I like a good loot competition. Also, see above: the best elemental SMG I've ever found is a level 24 weapon. Its base damage is hideously inadequate now, but I still use it as it's the only very high chance x4 fire damage SMG I have.

Diz: there is a bit of variety in the quests, but they are usually collect-em-ups. The game's really about the combat, fancy weapons and loot whoring.

That stabilised torment is the only gun I use on Mad Moxxi's DLC. It just rips through everyone. Even when it's something like a "Sniper Challenge" I still stick to the pistol.

Add to the fact that my bullets ignore shields too...

Yeah, I used mine a lot there too, and I was thinking of giving Moxxi another go with a respec: I haven't bothered with Trespass at all in my current build. Could be very effective.

But I'm way too fond of elemental DOT for the purist, quick draw gunslinging approach.

Then I get back to new haven and in the machine...

tormet93blue.jpg

Being a bit of a nerd I just quickly worked out that at level 19, in 2 seconds (as a solider with increased clip size) this gun will deal 2418 damage, before reloading. Without Crits...

Hmm should I bring it into our co-op game guys, we might get to playthrough 2 quicker :unsure:

I like this game, played around 3 hours of it and got to level 10, but does it ever evolve from just being fetch quests? You know, someone at A tells you to go to B and do C and then go back to A to collect reward.

Bearing in mind that it's a shooter - that progress comes from shooting things (or running them over) to get loot to shoot more things - quests are always going to be about going somewhere to get something/find someone/kill someone/blow something up.

This isn't a Bioware game :angry:

Managed to convince a few friends to get this as well, can't wait to get a long running multiplayer campaign off the ground :angry: As long as we can all manage to play online for a few hours each week, we'll be fine going through the game properly.

Is it possible to start a new campaign all at the same time, or does one have to start with the others joining in shortly after that?

Yes you can start a new campaign from scratch with everyone joining you from the start. From the title screen select 'XBox Live', then 'Create Private Match', then 'Invite Friends'.

I hope you manage to get a four player co-op campaign together, all sharing weapons, and generally having a great laugh. Four of us started a new campaign from scratch this week and it's absolutely manic at times.....brilliant fun.

I'm sure this has been covered plenty of times already, but if you're interested primarily playing in single-player and you enjoyed the free-roaming aspects of Fallout 3, is Borderlands worth playing? I'm hungry for another free-roaming RPG/shooter type game, but the impression I seem to have gotten is that a lot of the fun is based on the co-op and loot gathering (the latter I'm interested in) as opposed to atmosphere/wandering.

I haven't played co-op yet, but am still enjoying it. It's a bit dull in the very early stages but once you get vehicles it opens out a lot more. That said, the wandering isn't great because to go anywhere you end up having to grind your way through dozens of skags/ similar enemies- often you'll kill everything you see then have to wait a few minutes as they continue to spawn one by one, which is a bit tedious and means you have to keep going back to bases to get more ammo. However, the size of the environment which following the missions takes you round is still fun and you end up visiting everywhere a few times at least.

I'm sure this has been covered plenty of times already, but if you're interested primarily playing in single-player and you enjoyed the free-roaming aspects of Fallout 3, is Borderlands worth playing? I'm hungry for another free-roaming RPG/shooter type game, but the impression I seem to have gotten is that a lot of the fun is based on the co-op and loot gathering (the latter I'm interested in) as opposed to atmosphere/wandering.

If you go into the game expecting anything like Fallout 3 you'll be massively disappointed. The RPG aspects are very, very light, there is practically no plot, side quests are "go here, kill things", and there is practically zero NPC interaction. There is no reward for exploring or wandering about, the adventuring side of the game is non-existent. There is none of the free roaming that pretty much defines Fallout 3

BUT ...

The game is still good, if you take it for what it is, which is an FPS with some random loot. Expect nothing more and you'll have a hoot

there's always one game that seems to dip under my hype radar and i dismiss it because it looks generic shite, and ends up brilliant. This is 2009's version.

Previous winners have been Test Drive Unlimited, Oblivion, Crackdown and Sega Rally.

Roll on the unhyped of 2010.

(ive just arrived at New Haven and loving it!)

I haven't played co-op yet, but am still enjoying it. It's a bit dull in the very early stages but once you get vehicles it opens out a lot more. That said, the wandering isn't great because to go anywhere you end up having to grind your way through dozens of skags/ similar enemies- often you'll kill everything you see then have to wait a few minutes as they continue to spawn one by one, which is a bit tedious and means you have to keep going back to bases to get more ammo. However, the size of the environment which following the missions takes you round is still fun and you end up visiting everywhere a few times at least.
If you go into the game expecting anything like Fallout 3 you'll be massively disappointed. The RPG aspects are very, very light, there is practically no plot, side quests are "go here, kill things", and there is practically zero NPC interaction. There is no reward for exploring or wandering about, the adventuring side of the game is non-existent. There is none of the free roaming that pretty much defines Fallout 3

BUT ...

The game is still good, if you take it for what it is, which is an FPS with some random loot. Expect nothing more and you'll have a hoot

That doesn't sound too bad actually. Seems like an ideal wind down podcast game.

Have people been attacking Madd Moxxi "properly" or have you all been doing it the cheap way? We did The Gully with four level 50 characters and it was such a slog, took just over 4 hours. While it was fun-ish, I had no desire to spend that much time doing the other levels. Near the end I was losing the will to live and getting knocked back a whole round was like getting punched in the balls.

When it came to tackling the other two I hosted as my level 20 Siren and the other guys came in with their stronger characters ( 2 x 50, 1 x 46) and just obliterated the enemies. It took about 2 hours this way and while I couldn't really contribute, it was fun seeing enemies explode in showers of blood as I ran towards them.

So if it hadn't been mentioned already, that's a good way to get through the horror that is The Underdome. Here's hoping the next DLC is on par with Zombie Island of Dr. Ned.

That doesn't sound too bad actually. Seems like an ideal wind down podcast game.

The only snag with that idea is that you tend to have to play for long periods to avoid losing progress (as areas respawn/you can't save mid-area in most cases).

I set out to complete 1-2 missions yesterday and ended-up completely about 10 and playing for well over 2 hours.

What I've heard about Moxxis suggests I couldn't be bothered with it at all tho - I tend to play stuff like this for maybe 90mins tops, when I wrapped-up yesterday my head was fried and I was still hearing shotgun blasts in my sleep!

My main character's save file has corrupted on my 360 version. I know this is a long shot but is there any fix for this?

...now I'm worried! When did it happen/do you know what went down? Sounds sucky man.

Can't be bothered to log out and in again.

Was playing, had teleported to a different area after checking the DLC was working, made sure the autosave icon wasn't on and exited to dashboard. When I loaded back up it was corrupted. Jasberfloob's file (we were in split screen mode at the time) is fine however, am quite annoyed as was really getting back into this. ;)