IGNORED

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Solid SOAP

though he should probably adapt to the wii-motion plus rather than the other way around.

You think?

"These controls work exactly as advertised! Almost TOO well! But I don't want to use them!" is as far from even being a half-valid criticism as it's possible to be.

The comments after the review give it a thorough kicking though, which is pleasing.

You think?

"These controls work exactly as advertised! Almost TOO well! But I don't want to use them!" is as far from even being a half-valid criticism as it's possible to be.

The comments after the review give it a thorough kicking though, which is pleasing.

No it's not. He says he's swinging the thing quite fast and the game isn't keeping up with him as he expects.

Please, please don't get riled when another of your sacred cows gets criticism, no matter how minor, Davros. It's boring. Drives discussion away and all the threads end up with is :wub: smilies and back pattery. I like flawed genius.

Valid criticisms, fine. Like the pointless surfeit of Rupees in TP with nothing to spend them on. Or worse, no room in your wallet to even collect them.

Nonsense which essentially amounts to someone whinging about "5 years of flailing", not so much. You can expect me to be in full defence mode for that, and bloody well lump it. :coffee:

Your opinion is better than others...?

No, of course not. Just giving mine. I think the control complaints, though, are quite daft. They're only an issue if you're the kind of person who has constantly rejected motion controls since day one and is wondering why waggling wildly during swordfights isn't working.

It's really lazy to dismiss anyone who doesn't click with them as "Wii-haters", although that guy does seem like a bit of an idiot. I never had trouble attacking in the right direction while sitting down.

Oh, you added this comment. Actually I don't think it is lazy. It's evident from his closing comments that the reviewer is anti-Wii.

Of course, it's my own fault for reading them. But you do have to gasp in awe at the internet sometimes, where publishing criticism is not impeded at all by a complete lack of critical faculties.

The comments on it being sub N64 are absurd, but I do actually think it is an ugly looking game. More to do with the art style they've used though, which I'm really not taking too. It's Wind Wakers ugly sister.

After that stupid EGM review, I've got a question for those who've played the demo. I take it you have to take a steadier pace with the wiimote then? More controller slashes with the sword, etc. Is that right? Also, what's it like playing sat down, is it ok when doing the more extended moves, like holding the sword in the air and the vertical slashes?

After that stupid EGM review, I've got a question for those who've played the demo. I take it you have to take a steadier pace with the wiimote then? More controller slashes with the sword, etc. Is that right? Also, what's it like playing sat down, is it ok when doing the more extended moves, like holding the sword in the air and the vertical slashes?

You can still thrash about if you want, seemed fine to me. It's just you might have your hits blocked so you'd need to do your swipe in the appropriate direction is all. For holding the sword in the air you just tilt the remote upright for a second or two, that's it. I was sat upright though, not sure how things work if you're laid on your side or upside down or something.

That EGM review is awful. I do not like this growing trend of critics reviewing the game they want it to be rather than the game in front of them.

Yeah, it's one big long whinge, really. I can't play it sitting down! I don't like motion controls!

And it works just fine sitting down anyway. 30-odd hours of playing and I didn't stand up once, and didn't encounter any noticeable issues of it not reading my inputs. The only (very minor) control issue is that it occasionally needs recalibrating, and all you need do is press down on the d-pad while pointing the remote at the telly and it immediately rights itself. Cleverly, Nintendo has you summoning your helper with that very command, so you often do it without thinking.

The comments on it being sub N64 are absurd, but I do actually think it is an ugly looking game. More to do with the art style they've used though, which I'm really not taking too. It's Wind Wakers ugly sister.

You may feel differently when you're playing it. It's no Wind Waker (what is?) but it's by no means ugly.