The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Solid SOAP

Sounds like some refreshing changes to what has become something of a stale template. I mean, I'm sure it'll be a Zelda game, a great game, but it does sound like they're trying to mix it up a bit, which is promising.

got to the spirit temple - I remember absolutely NOTHING about this one... I don't remember the one out at the gerudo's either...

man - that Gerudo fortress did my head in, until I realised

I could take them out with my bow and arrow - aiming from far away is so easy and natural with gyro controls

:facepalm:

Wrong thread. ;)

I think it's the colour palettes as much as anything else that make the best pictures posted in that thread as good as they are. A few favourites from there:

MjPjl.jpg

link_by_viviphyd-d38lucc.jpg

link_enters_a_cave_by_villainzekes-d3gbvas.jpg

7EAcZ.gif

wGgwc.jpg

With different colouring, this one could've been a frame from Samurai Jack - the character designs are similar enough:

djt8K.jpg

I think this is official Wind Waker art, but who cares I'm linking to it anyway: http://i.imgur.com/NUkbh.jpg

This one is amazing at full resolution. It's got its own time lapse Making Of:

A modern nintendo that was really on the ball would be making games that looked like that these days. Far, far superior to the style they've gone for with Skyward Sword.

Uh-huh. That picture is amazing. I'd love to play that.

I dunno man, Wind Waker looked lovely. Definitely should have been the springboard to moving the series away from the usual fantasy art styling.

I found Twilight Princess visually boring and horribly dissapointing.

That picture looks all right bcass, but I'm imagining Skyward Sword is going to further the development of the action element of the Zelda series. For that, I think a more normal proportioned character design is a much better choice than having a little squat Link jumping around like Yoda.

I like how Skyward Sword looks, particularly Link.

That picture looks all right bcass, but I'm imagining Skyward Sword is going to further the development of the action element of the Zelda series. For that, I think a more normal proportioned character design is a much better choice than having a little squat Link jumping around like Yoda.

I like how Skyward Sword looks, particularly Link.

Horses for courses I guess. I think it looks a little drab and unimaginitive. I think Nintendo could do some very interesting things visually without adversely affecting gameplay or functionality.

There have been a fair amount of graphically forward looking games in the recent past that suggest beautiful ways of presenting characters and fammiliar settings. I just think that after WW it's a bit of a shame that Nintendo aren't leading the charge.

I know continuty isn't Zelda's strong point, but I like they're at least trying to make some conection story-wise between this & OoT. I also get the impression from the Sky-bound society backstory that they're trying to make some kind of link to the Oocaa & the Sky City from Twlight Princess too.

It may not work out & lead to a fresh round of timeline arguments & plot-holes, but the game itself looks a fresh take on Zelda & I like the fact that enemies this time require a measure of sword skill rather than mashing the button, & the other Motion+ stuff looks good too.

Just one question remains for me, will this be available in a bundle with the Wii Remote+? I've been holding off getting one until this game comes out.

Edit: According to Wikipedia there will be a Gold Triforce Wii Remote+ released alongside the game, both bundled & unbundled. I can see that being a very limited thing though.

legend-of-zelda-gold-remote-0.jpg?20110608-092012

I've found that I'm suddenly really excited about this. Playing Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time again as reinvigorated my love of Zelda games for the first time since Twilight Princess left me feeling underwhelmed. I'm also confident that the more combat focused mechanic, and the fact it's been built with motion plus in mind from the very beginning, will make it different enough for the tradional elements that remain to still feel welcome and entertaining.

I'm going to finish Twilight Princess again before it comes out, with lowered expectations and an open mind, appreciating the things it does do well. I really do hope that the inevitable Wii U Zelda goes for an art style closer to Wind Waker, but I wouldn't be displeased at all if they were to experiment with its look again. It's not as if Zelda is a game made for showcasing 'realistic (lol)' HD graphics anyway; they've got Metroid for that.

Also, if Nintendo are making this HD console to bring back the CoD gamers, I wonder if that means they're working on a new FPS ip themselves?