The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

It will be fucking amazing.

Hmmm. I'd really like it to be. I want something to rekindle the Nintendo love.

TP looked so mundane that i've always avoided it. I really enjoyed Wind Waker, but I haven't felt a real buzz since OOTs grandness.

Twilight Princess is in many ways the best Zelda yet. The dungeons are all excellent, easily bettering the majority of Ocarinas. One of the last ones, in the sky, was breathtaking. Some of the upgrades were ace too, the dual clasp thing fir example.

It's unfairly maligned. If you have a Wii, get it.

I'm replaying Twilight Princess, and there are a number of things it fluffs, even though the dungeons are excellent.

-The start is just too slow, and features bits where you can get stuck very early on until you figure out exactly what you're meant to do (e.g. fishing without bait).

-The first time you ride out onto Hyrule field on Epona, instead of charging around at breathtaking speeds enjoying your newfound freedom, the postman jumps you and you are forced to deal with his shit for a few frustrating moments.

-The bird summoning grass barely features in the game after the start village.

-The first time you see the castle up close you have to run past it in smell-o-vision and miss the scenary. Smell-o-vision ruins your first view of several places, actually.

-The bit where Link starts putting rupees back into puzzle chests you've worked hard to open, because your wallet is full and the shop hasn't opened yet.

Other than that it's great.

Twilight Princess is in many ways the best Zelda yet. The dungeons are all excellent, easily bettering the majority of Ocarinas. One of the last ones, in the sky, was breathtaking. Some of the upgrades were ace too, the dual clasp thing fir example.

It's unfairly maligned. If you have a Wii, get it.

That's a reach, but otherwise I agree.

That's a reach, but otherwise I agree.

Don't get me wrong Fire Temple is the best level of any game, ever. Water Temple and Forest Temple are both wonderful too, but there's some incredibly creative and inventive material in Twilight Princess. The over world is inconsistent, and flawed, but it's a small price to pay for the dungeons.

-The bit where Link starts putting rupees back into puzzle chests you've worked hard to open, because your wallet is full and the shop hasn't opened yet.

That's where I gave up, in some early watery dungeon where I needed a small key but because I kept putting money back in the sodding chests I could never work out which mystery chest on the map actually had said key in it. Given it's been years since I last touched it I'd have to start again because I'd have no clue what's going on as well :(

Aside from a few dungeons, have they revealed much about this at all? Hoping they really surprise us with the structure - something that's being kept under wraps. Hoping this goes a bit more MM this time and gives us something a little stranger.

Aside from a few dungeons, have they revealed much about this at all? Hoping they really surprise us with the structure - something that's being kept under wraps. Hoping this goes a bit more MM this time and gives us something a little stranger.

there's been basically nothing revealed about this - which I think is why hype is pretty muted. We've seen the training area from the demos at E3 which, for all we know, might not even be in the actual game... and we've seen the makings of a small dungeon.

One thing we do know is that dungeon puzzles won't only be in dungeons now. The overworld itself will have areas that play out as we would expect dungeons to be. I think an example of this in Twilight Princess was probably the snow dungeon, where it felt as though it was part of the overworld (it was also great).