Your favourite video game music

Isaac

Guys. Check out these beauties!

Special thanks to the Pickford and Follin Bros for this stunningly beautiful tune. The synth, the guitar - sounds too good for a SNES. My favourite game chiptune.

Mute City - this just rocks.

And the best Mario tune - on the Gameboy. Believe it.

Guys. Check out these beauties!

Special thanks to the Pickford and Follin Bros for this stunningly beautiful tune. The synth, the guitar - sounds too good for a SNES. My favourite game chiptune.

Waaaah? That's awesome. I always wanted Plok when i was a kid, even going as far as drawing loads of pictures of him and sticking them to the fridge, but my Mum wouldn't hand over the dosh.

Oh man, I remember back when I was a kid I used to complete the game just for that song :ph34r:

Yeah. ^_^

God, it's really brought some lovely memories flooding back. I can't have been more than 5 or 6, sitting curled up on the couch in the study in our old house, playing that game over and over. Those were the days when a new game was something that happened three or four times a year. Jesus. <_<

God, it's really brought some lovely memories flooding back. I can't have been more than 5 or 6, sitting curled up on the couch in the study in our old house, playing that game over and over. Those were the days when a new game was something that happened three or four times a year. Jesus. :ph34r:

Speaking of memories from when you were 5 or 6, here's a track from the first video game I ever played:

Lemmings

I must have been about 4 at the time ^_^

Waaaah? That's awesome. I always wanted Plok when i was a kid, even going as far as drawing loads of pictures of him and sticking them to the fridge, but my Mum wouldn't hand over the dosh.

Grab the whole soundtrack. It's a Jethro Tull inspired masterpiece. And Plok (along with his Grandpappy) is such a great little videogame character. Shame he never made into any other games.

Oh and here's the mega funky Amiga Desert Strike intro -

And heres some Hubbard goodness - his amazing cover of the Commando tune. Listen to the way Hubbard integrates sound effects into the tune. Genius!

The Spectrum 48k game of the movie Cobra, had an awesome title track. Back in the day, me and my brother would load up the game, and always listen to the music two or three times before playing. The track really kicks in at the 30 second mark.

I will never stop posting this video when given half a chance...

"Gotta get two aged souls, to carry on. One and the union from the battlestars"

I've never known the proper words and I don't care for them. I'm happy to dance my merry tits off singing jibberish cos it's so bumming catchy.

Wins everytime, not only an awesome tune but a very special intro. :ph34r:^_^<_<

It sounded better on the C64 in Arkanoid. :ph34r: (Cobra was first though)

I know this is heresy, what with the C64 having its fancy music chip and all, but I think I prefer the Speccy version! But then I am a Speccy fanboy. ^_^

Ok - get your tissues out. It's Justin and Feena's love theme from Grandia - aka The Sandy beach of Ganbo. Lovely tune and brilliant brilliant game.

I had a Speccy long before I got my C64, and loved some tunes on the old Spectrum, but the C64 music blew my mind when I got it. Sorry Sir Clive. :ph34r:

since someone's used up Secret of Mana...

Persona 3, two pieces from the near the end of the game that encapsulate that experience for me

Tyrian 2, back in the day when you had jukeboxes in the options menu