IGNORED

Your favourite video game music

Isaac

Rather than music as such, I love the tunes from the 8-bit and 16-bit era games.  The Gameboy in particular had some excellent, catchy tunes.  As well as the Tetris tunes (C was my favourite) and Super Mario Land, less celebrated tunes I like include Balloon Kid, Dr. Mario and F1 Race.

I love the tune of Golden Axe as well - fits the setting perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Putting some real game music on here again. 

From da gawd Manabu Namiki;

And my favourite track from the excellent OST for Salamander 2. This track and others on the Salamander 2 OST are from none other than Naoki Maeda, the guy who went on to lead the Dance Dance Revolution series - this crazy cat knows a great melody!;

On 23/11/2016 at 20:06, Qazimod said:

Shared this on twitter but might as well put it here since I was mainly asking rllmuk peeps - I've started a little open YT playlist of 2016 VGM highlights; I think anyone can add stuff to the playlist provided they've got a YT account. Share your favourites!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtIBsGh04aihBRCiAwVLbvFp4ohqQYZSM

It's that time again! All contributions welcome :wub: 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtIBsGh04aihrPIxeDlX0IiVPhYWwVq3n&jct=ERMcLPuwPgKO2bIWEdTDzOGb9ZU0VA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Related...

If anyone is interested, I will be at EGX Rezzed this year as a panelist, discussing VGM with some very special guests...

Its on Saturday the 6th of April at 12pm in London at the Tobacco Docks.

I can't believe it! :wub: 

• 3 weeks later...

One of the biggest sins committed by Rhythm Tengoku was that you couldn't really listen to the BGM in isolation. Even when I dabbled with emulators and tried to mess with sound channels I couldn't hear the genius of Remix 2 without the SFX. For a while I wondered if there was enough of the music without SFX in that remix for me to maybe stitch something together, but I soon gave up on the idea...

...and then about a week ago I learned that someone did exactly that in 2017 :wub: 

• 3 weeks later...

A more recent entry by Kentaro Nakajima (and yeah, it's basically a pair of back to back tracks but they're so perfect together I refuse to split them). Possibly one of the greatest end of game escape pieces to date, and perfect for anything from fleeing exploding underground lab complexes, being chased by an army of frothing Brexiteers, or just that frantic drunken dash to the station to catch the last train of the night while bursting for the loo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...