IGNORED

Your favourite video game music

Isaac

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned it in the LP thread, but the transition from upbeat poppy backing to uber-chillout vibes on the map screen of P2: Eternal Punishment (some 49 hours into the game for me) is so good. :wub: It's something the later games did really well too ("Memories of the City", "Snowflakes"...)

I really need to work on a playlist of highlights from the mainline series sometime - or maybe just stitch stuff together for a megamix video?

On 25/10/2019 at 11:35, Qazimod said:

I mentioned it in the LP thread, but the transition from upbeat poppy backing to uber-chillout vibes on the map screen of P2: Eternal Punishment (some 49 hours into the game for me) is so good. :wub: It's something the later games did really well too ("Memories of the City", "Snowflakes"...)

I really need to work on a playlist of highlights from the mainline series sometime - or maybe just stitch stuff together for a megamix video?

This is SPECTACULAR.

I may have already posted this, but there is a guy on YouTube who rearranges genesis music who is an absolute wizard with the YM2612 chip. 

Listen to his rearrangement of the Golden Axe theme:

It's even better than the arcade version.

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2016 at 20:06, Qazimod said:

Shared this on twitter but might as well put it here since I was mainly asking rllmuk peeps - I've started a little open YT playlist of 2016 VGM highlights; I think anyone can add stuff to the playlist provided they've got a YT account. Share your favourites!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtIBsGh04aihBRCiAwVLbvFp4ohqQYZSM

Once again, I'm starting a new list for 2019 below - it's open to guest contributions, so feel free to add your own favourites :) 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtIBsGh04aig432XYZj8xpwb1aTiea1KS

• 1 month later...

We all know Yakuza 0 is the bees knees when it comes to Yakuza games, but Kiwami 2 comes very close, both in terms of combat and music - the following plays during the final bouncer mission, so some may not have even heard it (due to the unlock requirements), which is a massive shame.

Then there's the Amon theme. Not much need be said here. A rock hard boss requires a great theme song, and Kiwami 2 delivers

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great theme but I think I actually prefer the original. That crunchy electric guitar sound and the soaring church organ, combining for maximum dramatic effect! Nothing says shit is about to get real, in quite the same way.

Dammit now I have to go and listen to the whole OST again. Even the Gold Saucer theme!