IGNORED

Your favourite video game music

Isaac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After buying the new pirate lego set I've been in full-on pirate mode. So bought Black Flag on PC - it's still a great looking game, but the music in it is fucking amazing:

The gutting thing is, that's not anywhere on the official fucking sountrack. It's best best musical piece in that game by a fucking mile, but it's not on spotify. :(

Holy crap that's good :D ( @Triple A )

E: now removed :( (for those curious, it was a track from FFVII Remake named "Smash Em Rip Em")

Obligatory new battle music for Royal:

There are also two or three ace tracks during the final dungeon/boss but they're probably better experienced ingame. :) 

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's been posted about in the SoR 4 thread, but the new OST is pretty much perfect. Stuff like this is what you'd imagine SoR 2 would have sounded like without the Megadrive sound chip limitations:

The drop at 1:17 :wub:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From the big Nintendo leak. This is really fascinating to listen to if you're familiar with the finished soundtrack. You can hear most of the same instruments being used, but they often have different roles. The arrangements are dramatically different in some cases, too. Check out Forest of Monsters!

1 hour ago, Klatrymadon said:

From the big Nintendo leak. This is really fascinating to listen to if you're familiar with the finished soundtrack. You can hear most of the same instruments being used, but they often have different roles. The arrangements are dramatically different in some cases, too. Check out Forest of Monsters!

I hope they add those versions to the rom at some point. 

I've been doing a weekly stream of Half-Minute Hero since the start of the year, and "To the high heavens" is still such a good theme. There's a more common tune in Hero 30 mode ("The Hero Arrives") that appears in most of its quests, but occasionally you get special tunes for the more significant quests, and this one instantly establishes hype and motivation...

You have to hear all of the new ones. And then buy all of the remixes and instrumentals*. And eventually you'll alternate between them all and never settle on a favourite.

*The Night Flight ones are actually pretty neat

On 10/01/2020 at 16:00, Lyrical Donut said:

Wii shop channel is a good choice - I see the Mii channel music appear everywhere recently, especially on TikTok videos. Considering the Wii came out, what? 13 years ago? It’s a real classic. 

I’m not sure if this is a recent thing (they certainly weren’t there before) but loads of Square soundtracks are now on Spotify, including my all-time favourite Chrono Cross. 

I’m listening to Final Fantasy X, which thanks to Spotify I can now understand why it was so uneven - all the Nobuo Uematsu tracks are great while all the Junya Nakano tracks are, to be fair, pretty dull and lifeless. And let’s just pretend Otherworld never happened. 

Not a game, but the music on Turbo Imploder 3 on the Amiga is good enough to make you want to implode disks at turbo speed all day. This is one of those rare Amiga mods that can't be ripped because there's code in there that's manually altering the sound samples on the fly while it plays and squeezing a 5th track of music in there as well. 

16 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Having only just played MGS1-3 for the first time very recently, I can say with absolute certainty that this is the all time boss music banger of all time: 

I had to look his name up as it’s been a while but no, all the game music is composed by Norihiko Hibino, Harry Gregson-Williams scored the cinematics. Agreed though, it’s a really good track! I used to have the soundtrack from the first and second games on file and would listen to them often.

On 10/08/2020 at 15:54, Popo said:

I’m not sure if this is a recent thing (they certainly weren’t there before) but loads of Square soundtracks are now on Spotify, including my all-time favourite Chrono Cross. 

I’m listening to Final Fantasy X, which thanks to Spotify I can now understand why it was so uneven - all the Nobuo Uematsu tracks are great while all the Junya Nakano tracks are, to be fair, pretty dull and lifeless. And let’s just pretend Otherworld never happened. 

Whilst I totally agree that the Junya Nakano tracks aren't very good, I think Otherworld totally slaps:

Started Shin Megami Tensei IV on my very, very dusty 3DS XL. Picked up from... Maybe an hour or two from the start.

Proceed to play it over the entire day and a half. Lovely soundtrack. Got to the boss. Cool music.

Then I got to the actual boss. And this drops.

Oh shit.