The Playstation Move

Robo_1

It has far more buttons. Still no stick on the wand though.

spose - there's no stick on the wand... but there's a stick on the nunchucky.

I do expect the ultimate FPS experience from this, really looking forward to it.

Also - Heavy Rain would work a lot better with proper motion controls and Silent Hill on the Wii would come across brilliantly.

Can't see any bad things about this development at all other than, it's not the standard controller and cost of entry is quite high... so it may only see limited support.

the fighting game looks rubbish

In that game reel it doesn't look so hot, but during the presentation when it showed the guy actually playing it, it looked a lot better.

Actually you'd be the one to ask this, are there any good non-boxing first person fighting games on the Wii? I remember getting the rather bland Dark Wind for PS2 (which used the Gametrak) for a bit of interactive fighting and that mostly worked, but I've been hoping the Wii would deliver a good all out bit of street fighting, but either any such game has completely dropped under the radar, or it's hiding in plain sight.

So all the people who already have a PSEye will have a second one just hanging around after buying the bundle? Or is this a new version?

Nah, it's the same eye and they've said they'll offer a number of different bundles, which includes just the controller.

From Kotaku

-Fewer buttons: The Move controller is actually even more streamlined than the Wii Remote. Nintendo's Remote still offers/confuses a new player with a d-pad, plus, A, minus, 1 and 2 buttons as well as a home button and B trigger. The Move has its own home button and underbelly trigger, but just five other points of button input. That makes the controller actually feel a little naked and therefore likely even less daunting to a new player — unless they need their controllers to look like TV remotes.

They're getting really excited over this on Gaf by the way; some brilliant gifs...

6h2p6qr.gif

2wgvsc8.jpg

This might be true too

Motion Control named ARC

Arc + PSeye+ EyeSports $60

Killzone 3/Resistance 3 ARC

Tiger Woods 11 footage

Ape Escape ARC

RE5 ARC footage

LBP ARC footage

More ARC games than I can imagine announced

ARC Comes out after the show is over!

Seriously, what a load of old bollocks... look it's the Wii controller setup BUT WITH MORE BUTTONS!!!! AND INBUILT MOTION PLUS!!!

An ergonomic question about the controller- how do (or can) you control in the equivalent of the sideways "classic" orientation with the Wii controller? I know the standard PS3 controller has motion controls (although not very good), but is it even possible to control holding it in the classic position? I'm just thinking that, if you can't, it limits what you can actually use it for (driving games specifically come to mind).

The only good I can see coming of this is that, maybe, it will make 3rd parties take motion control seriously (but I doubt it, seeing as the Move isn't bundled with the PS3, so they'll just go for the standard control option) and maybe Grand Slam Tennis will get a sequel (with a Wii version, of course).

What can I see happening because of this? Either Nintendo reducing the price of the Wii to around $150 or announcing the Wii successor for 2011 (probably with HD output- and improved GFX-, motion plus inbuilt in both the wii controller and nunchuck- which will be wireless-, integrated Wiispeak and probably a basic camera like the DSi).

But if Sony want to take one example from the Wii it's that 3rd parties - to a bigger extent- just don't get motion controls. Sticking this on the PS3 will probably not make any difference to that opinion and Sony will have to produce the majority of games that will truly support the Move. And by ripping off Wii Sports, I don't know if that's going to be enough. "Look, it's just like the Nintendo version, BUT BETTER. HONESTLY".

An ergonomic question about the controller- how do (or can) you control in the equivalent of the sideways "classic" orientation with the Wii controller? I know the standard PS3 controller has motion controls (although not very good), but is it even possible to control holding it in the classic position? I'm just thinking that, if you can't, it limits what you can actually use it for (driving games specifically come to mind).

Now, that's just a classic bit of trolling.

Driving games. That's what the Wii Controller was designed for.

My personal hope for the platform, is that many future releases offer an alternative control scheme to support Move. I do love motion controls, so if I could use the Move controller where I wanted to for most releases, that would be a good result in my book. The touted ease of Move integration into current games does suggest that this is entirely possible.

It's at least a far more serious proposition than the PSEye was, when you think of how little software support that had, you can tell that Move isn't going to put on the shelves and forgotten about. At least not in the short term.

I think Sony are still hugely missing the point with this, much like their interpretation of avatars in Home, they have gone down the souless, "realistic" looking route again, the Sports Champions thing just looks really horrible and dull. The real strength of Wii Sports / Resort for me isn't just the motion control aspect, but the character and design of it, and especially the Mii's.

I think the use of Mii's is far more important to getting people involved than Sony think, no one wants to play as some dull, lifeless realistic table tennis player, they want to play as Hitler or something with cartoon tits on its forehead. It's like Home all over again.

I think this may appeal more to existing PS3 owners or the more traditional players and I'm interested to see it implemented into more traditonal games as they are with SOCOM, but I think it will struggle to appeal to the casual market in the same way as the Wii has.

The Wand itself looks ridiculous as well.