4 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Pay for the dev mode license (£10 or so) and then load retroarch (https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-299-xbox-series-s-is-an-emulation-beast-mvg.331526/page-22#post-53205616) I suppose. Would take several days to be approved though.

Don't think Xenia plays nicely with AMD GPU's, might be a waste of a tenner, probably better to mod an old 360

Since my PC had to be stored in a cupboard a while ago I’ve given it a crack on my Surface laptop, and it runs like treacle... but it runs! And it feels like just yesterday. :wub:

GOTY 2021, aye?

5 minutes ago, Popo said:

Since my PC had to be stored in a cupboard a while ago I’ve given it a crack on my Surface laptop, and it runs like treacle... but it runs! And it feels like just yesterday. :wub:

GOTY 2021, aye?

What emulator are you using?, I hear Xbox 360 needs a really powerful PC to run effectively but that was years ago. Was hoping there be more advancement since then but oh man so want to play this. 

2 minutes ago, yakumo said:

What emulator are you using?, I hear Xbox 360 needs a really powerful PC to run effectively but that was years ago. Was hoping there be more advancement since then but oh man so want to play this. 

Edit:xenia

Its on archive.org 

3 minutes ago, yakumo said:

Xenia, ridiculously easy to install and set up, supports a wired 360 pad straight off the bat. 

Honestly, if a Surface laptop from 2 years ago can run it reasonably well you’ve got a good chance of it running on anything worth mentioning, it doesn’t appear to be hugely demanding. 

13 minutes ago, Popo said:

Xenia, ridiculously easy to install and set up, supports a wired 360 pad straight off the bat. 

Honestly, if a Surface laptop from 2 years ago can run it reasonably well you’ve got a good chance of it running on anything worth mentioning, it doesn’t appear to be hugely demanding. 

Not a member of the PCmasterrace, think my 4th gen i6 won't handle it. Going to give it a go anyway.

11 minutes ago, AI said:

This is great! Runs and plays lovely on my PC. So nice having dual analogue controls also.

Does it make it stupidly easy? I’m sure half of the difficulty of the original was due to wrestling with the controls!

21 minutes ago, JPL said:

Does it make it stupidly easy? I’m sure half of the difficulty of the original was due to wrestling with the controls!

The better controls as well as a solid 60fps makes it easier definitely, I'm circle strafing and mowing them down like a mofo via hip fire and taking minimal damage in return. Stopping and aiming with the reticule for a headshot is a lot twitchier than I remember though, but that could either be my ancient 360 controller or maybe could be sorted with a sensitivity setting in the menu somewhere? Nice visual upgrade over the original too.

Edge 006 out of 007