12. Sith 13pts

13. Fondue 9pts

=14. Bibly 8pts

=14. mayor_mike_haggar 8pts

16. LollyLola 6pts

17. Strategos 4pts

18 stephen129 0pts

If you’re going to enter the league but don’t yet have a PokerStars account

I'm signed up as an affiliate for PokerStars, so if you want to sign up through me then I'd be more than happy to give a big chunk of my referral payment back to rllmukers. If you're up for that, then follow this affiliate link to PokerStars, download the software and sign up for a real money account. If you then enter the code stars50 when you add money to your account you'll also receive the standard 100% PokerStars bonus (up to $50). Once you've earned 100 FPPs (frequent player points) on the site, they'll process my referral payment. When that happens, I'll transfer a chunk of it back to you.

There's absolutely no obligation to sign up through me, of course. If you'd rather not, just head to the site and sign up normally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years back we used to run a rllmuk poker league – a friendly series of low-stakes tournaments to determine ‘the best player on rllmuk’. Interest eventually dwindled after three seasons, partly because we were forced to jump around different sites as we encountered problems in setting up the games. Anyway, there’s been a smattering of interest in getting the league started again on an altogether more reliable site – PokerStars – so I thought I’d make this thread to gauge interest.

The format is up for tweaking depending on what the majority of players want to do, but what we previously did was play a series of ten $5 tournaments, and allocate points to a set number of top finishers. The best seven results for each player were used, which meant that people missing the odd week here and there weren’t penalized, and the person with the most points at the end of the season was crowned rllmuk champ and awarded a small token prize.

To start with, we’ll play purely No Limit Hold ‘Em in the hope of attracting as many people as possible to the league, but there’s certainly scope to branch out and include different games in future seasons if that’s what people want.

Anyway, if you’d be interested in taking part in a new season of rllmuk poker games, please post in here and let me know. We used to get a great turnout, so it would be great to get these running again. I hope to see some of the old faces as well as some new ones. If you are interested, please also let me know your thoughts on how we should structure the league. Should we stick with a token prize for the winner as by definition they will have made the most money from the games throughout the season? Or should we take a percentage of the prizepool each week to award to the top ranked players at the end of the season? Or should we maybe all pitch in a small amount at the start as well as the weekly buy-ins to create a league prizepool? All input welcome on any aspect of the league.

Interested

Billy Brown

Chaz

mayor_mike_haggar

Razzle

Dazza

rjpageuk

Commander Jameson

bradigor

Lo32

Baring

tyler

SuperNashwan

Syntax

pompey88

Pants

duffyma

sithlordx

peeveen

ThreeBs

The Lunar Jetman

stephen129

Bibly

Disciple

Poet

Cheeko (from August 6th until November)

Stifler

tonymg

Davidgri2002

Fondue

Ross

Strategos

I think you will find you won the first one and came second in the second one, with me winning the second and finishing about 4th in the first :(

I would like to join as soon as I have some pennies to play with :o

I think a token prize is sufficient for the winner (or nothing more than the honour of being at the top of the league posted in here :o ). I think taking money off every week makes things more complicated than they need to be. We should probably try to keep things as simple as possible to begin with.

What day/time is usually chosen to play?

I think a token prize is sufficient for the winner (or nothing more than the honour of being at the top of the league posted in here :o ). I think taking money off every week makes things more complicated than they need to be. We should probably try to keep things as simple as possible to begin with.

What day/time is usually chosen to play?

Yep, fair point.

We used to give players a deadline each week to veto the days they couldn't make the following week. Then we'd just pick the date with the least votes each time. I think the games usually kicked off at around 9pm. It was a bit fiddly, so I don't know if having a set day/time would be the way to go this time. Again, I'm open to suggestion.

I've just sent out PMs to around 80 people who either played previously or expressed an interest at one time or another, so fingers crossed we can get some strong interest going.

Great idea to re-start these, I enjoyed them before, but I'm folding this time cos the evenings are already over-subscribed :o

:( That's a shame, choddo, but understandable. Let me know if your situation changes.

ooo sounds fun, i dont really play anymore only did during my uni spare time but ill start again $5 seems reasonable a week. What night would be best, im thinking sundays arent too bad, day of rest and all.

Great stuff. We'll take a straw poll of which would be the best nights to play once we've got a good level of interest.

So what happens if we get more than ten regular players? Split the tournaments on to a few seperate tables of ten?

Also Baring, weren't you winning quite big money (or won one big prize) online? Seems strange you would stop playing, from what I saw posted it seemed like you were a pretty profitable player. Sorry if i'm being nosy, just curious.

Well, I imagine I can set it up as an MTT and then however many people register will be evenly split between the tables by the software. We could always make it 6-max instead of full ring if we end up with something like 20-odd players.

Stars have given me tournament creation privileges now, so I'll have a peek when I get home and see what the options are.

We can use Doodle to schedule games. We used this for the COD4 leagues to see when we could all play.

Yep, that's a good idea.

So what happens if we get more than ten regular players? Split the tournaments on to a few seperate tables of ten?

No, it would just play out like a MTT. So we'd be split evenly across multible tables until the final nine make the final table.

Well, I imagine I can set it up as an MTT and then however many people register will be evenly split between the tables by the software. We could always make it 6-max instead of full ring if we end up with something like 20-odd players.

Stars have given me tournament creation privileges now, so I'll have a peek when I get home and see what the options are.

Ah right, of course. How easy was it to get the priveleges, did you just email them? Might ask too, so that I can set them up if you're unavailable.

Yes, just email them and say you'd like to make some private MTT's for friends and they should send you a nice email back telling you that you now can. If they don't then you probably got the moron that replied to me, so email back again.

And yeah, probably best to have more than 1 person who can make the tourneys.

Put me down for this.

I don't mind playing on Pokerstars, but I'm currently working through a Sign up Bonus with Full Tilt.

As the first time you deposit money is the when the best cash back percentage is offered, and as I don't have time to clear two sites at once, can we make it a no cash tournament for at least the first season?

Also, I'll vote for 'not on a Monday'.

Yes, just email them and say you'd like to make some private MTT's for friends and they should send you a nice email back telling you that you now can. If they don't then you probably got the moron that replied to me, so email back again.

And yeah, probably best to have more than 1 person who can make the tourneys.

Done. Hopefully I fit their unwritten requirements for this sort of thing.

Pants, this shouldn't really impact on your Full Tilt sign up clearance, since it'll only be one night a week, and probably won't last more than an hour or two at only one table. Also, pokerstars sign-up bonuses are really tiny, the maximum is up to about $50, and you have 6 months to clear it, which is vastly longer than you'll need. I imagine the FT sign up has a shorter clearance time than this so you should be fine.

Pants, this shouldn't really impact on your Full Tilt sign up clearance, since it'll only be one night a week, and probably won't last more than an hour or two at only one table. Also, pokerstars sign-up bonuses are really tiny, the maximum is up to about $50, and you have 6 months to clear it, which is vastly longer than you'll need. I imagine the FT sign up has a shorter clearance time than this so you should be fine.

Yep, you're right the sign up bonus is a miserable $50.

That's fine then, disregard everything I said, I'll be up for a $5-ish buy in.