That day has arrived

That’s right all 988 games, 39 consoles, 33 handhelds, 64 peripherals and both Sega Lockon’s have to go. Does anybody know of anybody that wants to buy £10k worth of video games and gubbins?

Most of it is listed now, i just need to list the last couple of things next weekend :)

That’s right all 988 games, 39 consoles, 33 handhelds, 64 peripherals and both Sega Lockon’s have to go. Does anybody know of anybody that wants to buy £10k worth of video games and gubbins?

Most of it is listed now, i just need to list the last couple of things next weekend :)

pah, only 988 games. I have 3 times that now. Wish I didn't though. What's prompted this?

12 Games away from 1K!

It is a house...

Fantastic news, mate.

I ended up selling about half my arcade collection (loads of PCBs and about 4 cabs/tables) to pay for my house and car.

To this day I regret having sold the bits, but I keep reminding myself that I have my own place, and surely that's better than and arcade game.

Definitely DO IT - I sold most of mine of the last few years and pocketed about £5k.

You might be disappointed at the low value of some stuff compared to a few years back, but you can't beat the life laundry effect. I still have my Jap Saturn collection, my Game & Watches and some other odds and sods but also around £2k sat waiting to spend plus plenty of shiny new gadgets

Aw man, ALL of it? Blimey!

At least it's for a good reason and not on the orders of a significant other. :)

I read on a collection and clutter website that you can lessen the loss by taking photos of the stuff as you get rid of it. A picture won't be a substitute for everything but at least you will have something to look back on.

But imagine with all that space in the new house you can start all over again :lol:

Does anybody know how to share a google spreadsheet, if so i can link you all up.

http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer....mp;answer=86152

If you get that sheet done send me a link?

How'd you figure it's worth 10k anyway? I've sold about 600 games and a few consoles over the last couple of years and only got about 2k for it.

Knowing ratboy it won't be full of fifa's and stuff. At a guess I'd say the average price of stuff in my collection is at least 4 or 5 quid but probably more. I have some games worth £50+ that quickly make a big difference to the average and I would expect that ratboy has similar. I don't tend to keep cheap/common games as if I wanted to play them I'd be able to buy them pretty quick.

My PS1 collection is probably worth about £2k alone and my GC collection of about 150 games is probably worth about the same even in the current financial climate.

Seriously though, I'd love to sell most of my collection. I've worked out that even if I buy no more games between now and forever but spent 30 minutes with every one I've got, given my current playing time per day I'd need 3 years to get through them.

How'd you figure it's worth 10k anyway? I've sold about 600 games and a few consoles over the last couple of years and only got about 2k for it.

Really? I have sold about 30-40 games and a few systems and practically got 2K from sales.

Aw man, ALL of it? Blimey!

At least it's for a good reason and not on the orders of a significant other. :)

I read on a collection and clutter website that you can lessen the loss by taking photos of the stuff as you get rid of it. A picture won't be a substitute for everything but at least you will have something to look back on.

But imagine with all that space in the new house you can start all over again :(

http://docs.google.com/support/bin/answer....mp;answer=86152

If you get that sheet done send me a link?

It looks like i can only share the document if i have the email address of the person i want to share it with; if anyone wants a peek drop me a pm with an email address and i'll give you access.

Superstarbeejay is right to a degree i do have some top games, however there is a little tat in there to, especially some of my Megadrive games.

It looks like i can only share the document if i have the email address of the person i want to share it with; if anyone wants a peek drop me a pm with an email address and i'll give you access.

Superstarbeejay is right to a degree i do have some top games, however there is a little tat in there to, especially some of my Megadrive games.

You can set google docs open for anyone to view. I've done that with a few of mine.

I didn't mean to question the quality of ones collection, by the way. I was just curious as to how one valued his collection :rolleyes: It's not like I've sold tat either... well, not generally. Certainly not Fifa and the like it's just that most things I sell only seem to sell for a few quid if there's any interest at all (like here, there's not much point in posting retro stuff 'cos it doesn't sell hence I do a lot of business elsewhere!). There's hardly any profit in it and the couple of grand I posted is all that's left after costs, time and effort selling.

But it's not all about the money :)

I can see the share option but it always asks me to supply an email address :D

I can't access google docs from here but when I get home I'll check how I did it on mine.

EDIT: Doesn't what you're doing give edit rights which isn't desireable, all you need is to make it visible which happens when you publish it. There's a publish option or something on the right hand side or when you save the doc.

If your selling on eBay, be sure to offer postage to Europe. With the Euro being strong you'll get a fair bit of interest from Europeans for non common stuff.

Definatly offer to europe, because this is where 90% of your sales we be purchased. Obviously a lot of games were released in limited amounts in those areas so demand is higher and they do pay more than people in the UK. 90 quid for a copy of zelda link to the past for example (although is was mint)

yeah that works fine.

You have got some rare stuff but I would unfourtunatly say a large majority of stuff is pretty standard - Megadrive games in particular.

Easily a few grands worth there but im not sure your going to get 10K for it all.

Just my opinion, good luck :blush: