Let Me In

SpaceJump

The character names have been changed to Owen and Abby - or you could just call them Oscar and Eli - I fear this will be a stinker. Quote me on that. I somehow think it'll be as closely based on the book as the Will Smith "I Am Legend" turned out to be.

:rolleyes:

Come on now, any businessman can see there are a lot of problems with the original, the language for start, who wants to listen to swedish for two hours and read subs, fuck that. The CGI was almost invisible, I hope they fix that too. This movie needs more cats.

Everyone is pissing on this before any film has been filmed, it dosen't change how good the original was/is if it's crap i couldn't care a less. But i am interested in a slightly different take on it and the original is one of my fav films. The setting is still the 80's there keeping the snowy surroundings in boston i believe and yes that kid from the road is in the running for oskar/owen.

But why remake such a new film and fantastically received film, why not put the cash into getting that version on to more screens? Sadly I imagine the answer is already well known - the original had subtitles and would have been a hard sell to mainstream [uS] markets :rolleyes:

Everyone is pissing on this before any film has been filmed, it dosen't change how good the original was/is if it's crap i couldn't care a less. But i am interested in a slightly different take on it and the original is one of my fav films. The setting is still the 80's there keeping the snowy surroundings in boston i believe and yes that kid from the road is in the running for oskar/owen.

I think it's mostly because stuff like this and Quarantine and the upcoming remake of the Orphanage and the 'repurposing' of film and TV show ideas from the 70s and 80s kind of sum up all that's wrong with the US film industry at the moment.

But why remake such a new film and fantastically received film, why not put the cash into getting that version on to more screens? Sadly I imagine the answer is already well known - the original had subtitles and would have been a hard sell to mainstream [uS] markets :rolleyes:

If people won't go and see the original that's there tough luck, my mother won't watch films with subs because "i can't concentrate on the film while trying to read the subtitles" it infuriates me no end. But it can work both way's, i've seen remakes first or read of them and seeked out the original instead so perhaps good or bad this might boost the profile of the original and more people will seek it out, we can but hope!

I'm currently watching three audition tapes for the role of Abby, one of the girls is Chole Moretz who's is in Kick Ass. Weird no names have been mentioned for this role but know theres three audition tapes flying around.

Where are you getting those from :rolleyes:

Wait, what?

Yep, it's happening at New Line. It was even announced before the release of the original.

Shit i didn't even know about that one, it's a fucking travesty :D

It's no more of a travesty than a remake of this is.