IGNORED

This is Hip-Hop.

Calashnikov

Really awesome shows. Caught them in KOKO and Manchester Academy 2 on the 11th. El played a cruel trick on the crowd in Manc, announcing Zack de la Rocha before chuckling to himself as all went quiet. Managed to get backstage @ Manchester to hand over some of my artwork.

16019615451_f4fa13d7c1_z.jpg15989758822_80a9041459_z.jpg

I think I must be the only person who doesn't really get the love of Kendrick.

His album was better than most of the mainstream shit out there but apart from being a decent rapper, the album itself just sort of washed over me and didn't leave any lasting impression apart from Kendrick has quite a weird sounding voice.

I think I must be the only person who doesn't really get the love of Kendrick.

His album was better than most of the mainstream shit out there but apart from being a decent rapper, the album itself just sort of washed over me and didn't leave any lasting impression apart from Kendrick has quite a weird sounding voice.

He's a beast, no question. I enjoyed his album a couple of years back and a few tracks left more than a lasting impression - Swimming Pools is a monstrous song for example - but he seems in perpetual serious artiste mode and the jazz direction seems a textbook misstep to me.

The track on the Colbert Report - as technically sharp and passionate as it was just left me cold, much like his contribution to the new Flying Lotus album. Probably no coincidence that a chunk of Flying Lotus's touring band was behind him on it.

New Exquire project ('Merry Christmas & Suck My Dick 2') released yesterday, with another one to follow tomorrow apparantly.

Been a long time since he dropped Kismet, which ended up being my most listened-to / enjoyed rap release of 2013.

https://www.audiomack.com/album/mr-muthafuckin-exquire/merry-ex-mas-and-smd-2?desktop_layout_override=1

EDIT: And release #2, 'Live From The Danger Room':

http://www.audiomack.com/album/mr-muthafuckin-exquire/live-from-the-danger-room?desktop_layout_override=1

E-40. Probably the only emcee to consistently guarantee smirks upon first listens. Supreme technical ability doesn't hurt either. Love this guy.

haven't checked for him since the 90's and he had dropped like 22 albums back then.... funniest rapper out now is nems guttah disrespectful as fuck

NWA: The movie trailer:

I remember being told back in the day that N.W.A originally stood for no whites allowed and I never heard it said again til this trailer.... make of that what you will...? Eazy was the only gangsta not sure about ten but dre and ice cube lol...

Has anyone talked about the new Wu Tang Clan album in here yet? I've just listened to it for the first time, surprised not to see it in the Rllmuk top 100 to be honest ... sounds like classic Wu - but I haven't listened to a lot of new stuff at all this year.

And I was drunk/high/excited about listening to a new Wu album - so maybe it will sound shit and boring next time.

I find it a little hard to talk about the new Wu album tbh. There is some passable stuff on it, like Necklace, but also some utter shite, like Miracle. RZA using Son Of A Preacher Man as some weird shout out to his homeboy Quentin is just corny and self serving to me. I guess I find it a little depressing where they are right now musically. I don't want to be one of those old school stuck in the 90s motherfuckers, but I'm one of those old school stuck in the 90s motherfuckers.

New Ghost album is tight tho. And a mate bought me the El Michels Affair: Enter the 37th Chamber on vinyl for my birthday so that's helped.