rllmuk

This is Hip-Hop.

26 is no age to die. It can never be overstated just how vulnerable people are when they find so much fame at a young age. Shame I've woken up this morning to see posts about how people are blaming ariana grande for his death, that shit's not on.

20 hours ago, Wickedkitten said:

Never heard Joyner before this, but he’s brilliant isn’t he. Gone and listened to some of his stuff, so far, I’m not Racist, Frozen and I’m Sorry. All three hard hitting subjects and the videos that go along with them are really hard hitting too. He’s great

Eminem is clearly a fantastic rapper, but I couldn't name even 5 songs of his I really like and actually this week I listened to his earlier albums for the first time in about ten years, and I have to say, I found it all a little childish and hard to listen to.

Outside of angry teenagers who would ever want to sit down and listen to an Eminem album?  The beats are generally average at best and most of his lyrics are pretty cringe-worthy.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Eminem is clearly a fantastic rapper, but I couldn't name even 5 songs of his I really like and actually this week I listened to his earlier albums for the first time in about ten years, and I have to say, I found it all a little childish and hard to listen to.

Outside of angry teenagers who would ever want to sit down and listen to an Eminem album?  The beats are generally average at best and most of his lyrics are pretty cringe-worthy.

The only time I had the cringe on during the Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP was when some of the guest rappers piped up. 

They seemed to forget that Eminem had his tongue violently in his cheek, they seemed a bit too serious. 

9 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Well yeah his slim shady and marshal mather lp stuff was childish in places as he was only in his early/mid 20s when he wrote that stuff. 

I think one of his best albums in Recovery, there's some absolute bangers on there. But in general I think over all his albums theres some great tracks to pick and choose from.

• Upvote 1

This is fucking amazing:

Ice cold production, and straight up weird flows for Marc. Weird in a good way. First verse sounds like he's imitating that dude Ka he works with oftentimes, while the second verse has an almost Q-Tip type vibe, another frequent collaborator of his.

On 31/08/2018 at 10:34, The Mighty Ash said:

Alchemist is his DJ and he still doesn't get beats from him :(

Rare (and pretty great) instances of Eminem rapping over Alchemist production:

Would be great if he could get an album's worth of beats. Why hasn't this happened?