rllmuk
Calashnikov

This is Hip-Hop.

Remember this dude from Future Islands?

spacer.png

He's releasing a "rap" album later this month. I actually really like it. Was shocked to find out it was him.

Hemlock Ernst - Down

• Upvote 1

Hello. I'm not a massive hip hop fan. Haven't listened to it for a while. 

I'm hankering for something fairly electronic, progressive and intelligent. What should I check out?

1 hour ago, Horribleman said:

I'm hankering for something fairly electronic, progressive and intelligent. What should I check out?

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Aesop Rock's Impossible Kid album. Um .. the Gawd Status album?

• Upvote 1

Fuck me - saw Pharoahe last night at Electric in Brixton supported by Jeru. Halfway through Fudge Pudge OC appears onstage! Then he does Day One, Time's Up, Dangerous (with Monch as fucking hype man). Then Jeru comes back on and they only go and do Crooklyn Pt 2 and I nearly actually die right there and then. Monch was of course phenomenal.

• Upvote 4

On 02/11/2019 at 20:41, Horribleman said:

Are Clipping no good? reviews seem to be divisive.

I enjoy some Clipping when in the mood but I'd never class it as rap / hip-hop. 

Like with Death Grips. Years ago when they first blew up there was a load of chat about whether the dude can rap, whether it can be classed as hip-hop. They're a noise punk group to me and therefore obviously divisive in a bustling monthly recommendations thread as this once was. 

Anyway I recommend Quelle Chris' 'Guns' album. It's always a front to back listen.