rllmuk
Calashnikov

This is Hip-Hop.

A bit predictable and average compared to RA's usual standards or is that just me? Not feeling the beat, was expecting more of a banger for a debut track and he has rapped a lot better about being a loser on various tracks before. Parent life getting to him? :lol:

• Upvote 1

I really liked the beat. When I saw stills from the video when it was upcoming I had visions of it being one of those big cartoony bangers that have too much going on in the beat, that he seems to have a bit of a weakness for. Relieved to hear it’s some relatively chilled flutey boom-bap head nodder instead.

Can someone please tell me where the 1st beat comes from?, I know it but I can't remember. Think its a Premiere beat

1 hour ago, yakumo said:

Can someone please tell me where the 1st beat comes from?, I know it but I can't remember. Think its a Premiere beat

It’s ‘Kick in the Door’ by Biggie.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

What's a good starter for decent hip hop. My wife and me and I bought her Atrocity Exhibition and I think it's a bit weird/dark for her. 

Go with some of the  classics.

Nas - Illmatic

A Tribe Called Quest - either The low end Theory or Midnight Marauders

Outkast - Atliens

Hip hop is such a huge genre these days with so many different styles it’s kinda hard to know where to begin for new listeners.

• Upvote 1